Page 169 of 749 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269669 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 7487

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 169

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    The figure design thing I found was a weight loss simulator, but yeah, looks like it's geared towards clothing websites. That will be the next best thing for online shopping that ultimately replaces going to the store, I bet.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it is geared toward weight loss but I thought it would be fine for picking out clothes too since you can tailor the model to match your dimensions.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sleep: In bed around 11PM, Boyfriend got home a little earlier than expected, so I rambled at him for a little and fell asleep pretty quickly. I absolutely must be in bed by 10:30 tonight, this sleep schedule is not enough for me! I've been getting up at 7 AM pretty consistently for the past month or so now, but may need to start getting up earlier to allow time for biking (either as a work-out, or when I bike to and from work).

Exercise: I had to go by my parents house last night to fill the pool a bit, shock it, run the pump, and sweep up some of the algae. I left the pump running overnight and will go back after work to shut it off and feed their cat (poor thing, so scrawny, wish I could get my mom to try out Orijen's dry food). All in all, it was just moving and standing (also washed some dishes for them), but it wore me out! I think I was still recovering from the weekend. I could only do 10 deep squats last night and held a plank for only 10 seconds. I'm hoping to bike tonight, but might keep it shorter than I did last week, depending on how I feel.

Food: Steak and green beans last night. I wish we had more freezer space for a variety of veggies. We tend to get one kind from BJ's Wholesale and work our way through it, then switch to another when it's run out. If I knew we were going to stay here for a couple more years, I'd totally invest in a small freezer chest for the basement (and place orders of meat with US Wellness <3). Dinner was delicious, and I made clarified butter while the steaks were on. I used it for my eggs this morning, and finished off a pack of bacon. I forgot how much nicer it is sometimes to cook bacon on the stove instead of the oven, and just have a few slices at a time. I was in a rush and did not want to put lunch together, so no lunch today, but Boyfriend brought me some grilled chicken from work, so that saves me some time and money for later in the week. I need to pick up more sweet potatoes for me and regular potatoes for Boyfriend this weekend. Otherwise, we should be all set for groceries for a while. I'm tired of eggs for breakfast and might pick up some cheap steaks. Mmmm.... steak.

Mood/Brain: Sleepy. I'm thinking clearly enough though. Craving coffee, and I could have it today since my Whole30 hasn't started yet, but I'm trying not to cheat already. I was 100% compliant with my Whole30 in January, and really lax with the one I kind of did in April, so I'd like to be 100% again for August. It just seems like a good way to get me on track again/for Fall. I imagine that if I'm still struggling with cheating in January, I'll do another. It's a nice way to stay accountable, since there are always tons of people participating and providing support for one another. I MUST stay compliant and low sugar for the sake of getting rid of this damn yeast overgrowth!

Supplements: I remembered them all this morning. Since I will be outside sometimes during the summer, I think I'll reduce my VitD dosing to 3x weekly, at 6000 IU, and see how that works out.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    You know you can have coffee on a whole30 right? Just no dairy. Add coconut milk instead. They suggest you limit yourself to only one cup, though, and not until after you've had breakfast since coffee is an appetite suppressant for many people.

I'm excited to do a W30 with you. Should be a good time.

how do you prepare your sweet potatoes? I'm looking for ideas.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Coconut milk is a hassle (I only drink it at work) and extra expense and I don't like coffee without sweetener. It's just not worth it to me. I know I can get by fine without it, it's just convenient sometimes. Since I want to be sleeping more regularly anyway, it won't be a big deal not to have it. Plus fatigue was a huge issue for me for many years that I've only recently started to feel like is going away and I don't want to mess with that.

I usually just microwave them (sacrilege!) for 2.5 min, flip, 2.5 more min, after stabbing it with a fork all over. Wait for it to cool down a little so I don't burn my hands, cut in half, slap some butter on each side and consume with relish (the act, not the condiment). Some people treat them like normal potatoes with garlic and rosemary and stuff, but that just seems weird to me. Sometimes I chop them up and boil them till soft, mash with butter, cinnamon and honey. Next month, I'll probably stick to roasting them like normal potatoes, (350F for 20-30 min, move them around, 20-30 more min, tossed in olive oil with salt & pepper or whatever else) so I can make them with regular potatoes for Boyfriend. I'm a simple eater.

Last night I realized, "Oh, hey, I've been constipated for a while, haven't I." Yeah, not sure how that crept up on me like that, but it was pretty obvious all of a sudden. I think the alcohol and extra cheese had something to do with it. I took Ex Lax and it hit this morning (immediately after taking it, I face-palmed because I have both epsom salt and a small amount of coconut oil). Lots of abdominal pain/cramping. I'm glad I didn't eat breakfast, or I would have lost it. Ugh. Not a great way to start my Whole30, but at least it's a clean slate now

[edit while I'm still writing this] Okay, guess it's not a clean slate yet. I'll give it another hour, but if things are still messed up by then, I'll have Boyfriend pick me up. I'm not going to get much done running back and forth to the restroom at this rate.

Budget: It's August 1st, so I get to start a new page in my Excel finance-tracking document. Boyfriend got paid by the VA for his summer course, so that means he can start paying off some lingering medical bills. Hooray! I just suggested to him (via text) that he not pay them off entirely this month, so we can see how much he gets paid next month (should be less than this month, but still a good amount), and then finish them off. How relieving. Plus, he's working, so that will be some "extra" income for now. He should be able to start full-time by the end of this month. I may ask him if we can split groceries this month so I can save up a little more for our oil. July was a bust for savings, but I know where we went wrong (way too many movies and ice cream to go with them!), so August should be much better.

Food: Boyfriend made a cake from scratch last night. Even if he uses sugar/baking as a coping mechanism, I'm proud of him for making most of his treats from scratch. He even made frosting! I was really tempted by it, he put chocolate chips in the mix and it looked really good, but I resisted, not wanting to start off on a bad note on the eve of my Whole30. Of course, I had a handful of chocolate chips. No breakfast this morning, did not want to spend the time on it, but I brought lunch (veggies that should thaw by lunchtime, and grilled chicken from Boyfriend's work) and some almonds to snack on. I'm going to wait until at least noon before I eat ANYTHING, given my sensitive stomach today.

Exercise: I did 4 push-ups consecutively last night! that's 2 more than I was previously capable of! Later in the evening, I did two more sets of 3. I am definitely going to try and do more tonight, and am hoping the rain holds off long enough for a bike ride. I didn't go last night because Boyfriend tweaked his back and stayed home from work, and I wanted to hang out with him. I also did 10 deep squats right before bed. My hip felt like it was grinding, I am due for another adjustment at the chiro and want to drag Boyfriend along with me. Maybe this Saturday.

Mood/Brain: Good. Nothing unusual or extraordinary to report here. Focus is good, mood is good. I'm even doing some things at work that I've been putting off. I feel confident!

Supplements: Took all the usual, including Vitamin D, but forgot the probiotics. I need to get some room-temp stable ones, I forget them sitting in the fridge. With the Vitamin D, I feel less like it's Autumn. It was a comforting gloomy feeling, but it's only just August, so not time yet for all that nostalgia. Sitting in the AC all day throws my system for a loop when I see the gray skies out there, and then go outside to mid-80s temps.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Okay I was totally having the, "feels like fall" feeling too! It must be where we live, summer is so fleeting!

I am impressed that you have a budget, I need a budget mentor. I spend the most money on food and supplements, it is really ridiculous if you ask me.

Yay for you for getting stronger, before you know it you will be a stuntwoman/body double you svelt little thing you.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

If they would accept ribs-down body doubles, I'd totally do that for cashola. I don't think many people would want my teeny boobs, and I think I'd like to keep those off the interwebz. I am too uncoordinated to be a stunt woman :-P

I had Boyfriend come get me. No more trips to the bathroom, but my stomach is still hurting quite a bit. I feel exhausted, but don't want to sleep. Every time I think about running some errands (cat food, sweet potatoes), my stomach reminds me why I should not. So much for biking today.

Keeping hydrated and hoping I feel at least better enough to play some video games later!

NoSaladWithoutMeat is online now Senior Member
    How does your bf getting you helped? I lack imagination ;s

Wait, is Whole30 something people do once in a while for a month? Is it like a cleanse? ;s
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

I didn't want to risk taking my scooter home in case of an accident. My bowels were most unhappy. Still a bit off =\ Today basically sucked.

I use Whole30 to stay on track, but yeah, it is a cleanse in a way. The idea is to challenge yourself to basically go strict Paleo for 30 days. They have all kinds of starter guides available for people new to this ancestral health movement, but a lot of paleo "veterans" do it from time to time to lay off the sweets. I did one in January because I felt like I needed to challenge myself to stay on track. I did really well for a few months, but I feel like I've been too lax lately with sweets. I really CAN'T get away with the occasional cookie with this yeast overgrowth, so I need to be strict paleo anyway.