Page 166 of 797 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266666 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 7967

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 166

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member

Grocery store round trip via local bike path. Including guiding bike down steep path by foot, walking it back up steep path by foot, and not including the trip around the block before I remembered the odometer.

Next time, I wear shorts and a loose tank-top. Or maybe just a bikini top.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I ran 5 miles on Sunday; I've decided that's for the birds, much like biking 4.51 miles.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

For the birds
    Because I was not positive I understood the phrase. I love Google. I had fun oggling attractive bodies as I rode. There was a lovely woman at the grocery store with some really beautiful lean muscle mass. I bet she does yoga (with her loose pants, she just looked "the type" to me). She also had a cool tattoo on her upperarm, like where mine is, of an orangey-pink day lily.

Exercise: I might bike again tonight. The path is fairly flat, with a slight incline on the way to the store. I think practicing the 3.5 miles it will take me to get to work (and then a full 7 miles for the round trip) on the bike path will be good training. There are some steeper inclines on the real route, but they're fairly short. My legs are a little sore today, but not bad at all. I'm not sure if I should not bother with my bodyweight exercises at all on days that I bike, or still do them. Before or after? Maybe in the morning?

Food: I made meatzza last night, picking up sweet potatoes, mozzarella, and a juice drink (something organic, all juice from concentrate, I thought it might make a good rehydrator after my ride, but I only had a little and then watered down the rest for later) at the grocery store on my bike trip. I really liked the ground pork as the meatzza base, it worked much better than beef. Maybe it was just the consistency of it, since it was pastured (maybe fattier than what the store offers?). It was very gooey with an egg added when I spread it on the pan, but that made it easier to fill in the holes as I flattened it. I also finished off my ice cream (less than 1/2 a pint). I had breakfast (last 2 eggs with some cheese), will have lunch today (chicken and veggies) and am making sausages with potatoes tonight.

Sleep: I did some sewing yesterday evening (trying to re-vamp a polyester dress that's a pretty shade of blue, I think I will end up cutting the bodice off and making a new one) and watched TV. I think it was too much stimulation, but mostly, I feel anxious waiting for Boyfriend to come home before I can sleep. Even when he got home, I could not sleep. We watched an episode of Supernatural, ate ice cream, and went to bed. I was out very quickly. I really hope I can adjust to his work schedule and start falling asleep before he gets home. I'm scared to try Melatonin again since it really did not help except to make me really angry and sleepy last week. At least he has no more work this week so maybe I can get him to go to bed by 11 with me.

Mood: I am dealing with the work stuff. I had almost a full cup of coffee yesterday and it really helped me focus. I think it made me feel a bit more anxious towards the end of the day, though. I accidentally closed my cat's tail in the door last night (she made a terrible screeching somewhat like a falcon's cry) and it made my heart race and I felt so bad even though she was totally fine and purring about 5 seconds later. I think my panicked response used up some reserves because I felt much more anxious after that, to the point that I needed to take a GABA Calm when Boyfriend got home and we were talking about the lake house this weekend.

The host put up some information on food and the schedule. I'll be able to eat breakfast (bacon and eggs) and dinner (probably, since last year it was burgers and hot dogs, but that info is pending right now), but no lunch. I feel that I will need it, especially if I'm drinking, so that means I'm going to have to bring something. I have no desire to eat calzones, let alone experiencing the discomfort from eating questionable foods. I have no idea what to bring. Since we are actually heading up on Friday, I could cook up a couple small meals and bring them in a cooler, but I don't know what! Maybe some roasted potatoes/sweet potatoes and some meat? There should be fruit there that I can snack on, at least. Maybe I will pick up some yogurt so I have something to fall back on if I'm feeling too guilty about the lure of treats.

So all this tells me that despite feeling extra anxious, I am still managing myself pretty well in that I am figuring out ways to soothe myself and figure out a solution to the problem. I feel awkward (and a bit annoyed) that I'll have to bring some food for myself, but I know it will be worth it to avoid a yeast flare-up and stomach upset.

Budget: We are doing the best we can, considering...everything. I keep forgetting to factor in giving Boyfriend $$ for car stuff, so I am saving less than I plan for. I wasted a good amount of money on movies this month, as well as that so-not-worth-it trip to a local burger place. Next month, if I include any lake house expenses (pitching in for a keg they got, gas money, tolls), I should still be able to save more than I did this month. I think the only movie I really want to see that's coming out soon is Total Recall. I'm going to wait to buy my friend's wedding gift on her registry until September (wedding is in Oct).

As I said on FB, "gasp gasp no more biking this week"
    It was hard, but it feels good to push myself in something cardio that's not running. Here's this post's obligatory "I hate running": I hate running.

Stupid low Chucks and their stupid tongues going all sideways.

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    So you went .44 miles since the last picture?!

I hate running too... at least on roads...
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    My legs are a little sore today, but not bad at all. I'm not sure if I should not bother with my bodyweight exercises at all on days that I bike, or still do them. Before or after? Maybe in the morning?
    I know you weren't specifically asking for input on this - but I'm going to give my 2 bits anyway! If you feel good, do 'em! However if you push yourself in your bike you probably won't have the energy to do the bodyweight exercises very well afterwards... it's HARD! At least if it's immediately after. Just listen to what your body tells you. Not the lazy part that we all have, but the real voice that says "Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good I could do some <insert activity here>"

As for budgeting... I feel for ya! There's always those little expenses that sneak up on you. No good. Finally Movies - did you see Dark Knight Rises? REALLY good! Even Kakes liked it!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Haha nah I reset each time so I can keep track of the individual trips. I post the pictures straight to my Facebook so I can keep track easily. The hardest part of exercising especially cardio stuff is I do NOT want to do ANYTHING after. I've gotta figure out dinner tonight and really don't want to. My stomach is not up for sushi and neither is my wallet, so I must cook.

Yes, I loved TDKR! I will definitely want to see it again in theaters. Maybe in a couple weeks if my mom hasn't seen it, I'll go with her.

Olympics 2012: Athletes in training - The Big Picture - Boston.com
    #28, check out those bods.

Two of My Fave Things! | theclothesmakethegirl
    Patrick Stewart is such a cute old man.

Exercise: My legs are a bit more sore today, I feel it especially in my hip flexors. I seem to feel everthing in my hip flexors! Walking barefoot makes them sore too. I figure this is a good thing, helping to stabilize my hips and core. My knee was popping like crazy after biking last night, but I finally got one good crack out of it and then it felt fine. I also suddenly felt like my hips weren't all crooked. Sweet! I am actually considering biking again tonight, but don't want to overdo it on my first week. I may do some weights instead (mostly body, some kettlebell) and do the biking tomorrow, when Boyfriend is at class. After I had some water and did not move for at least 45 min when I got back from biking last night, I felt like my body had de-swelled quite nicely. My thighs already feel firmer. I just want more muscle on my ass!

Food: I thought the sausages finally did me in, when I had a lot of gastrointestinal distress last night, but then I remembered I used a free sample of coconut oil to cook them in. I am apparently very sensitive to it (one time I had several tablespoons in an evening and ended up relieving myself from both ends). It was 1 tablespoon for 5 sausages, so I doubt I was exposed to much by the time I ate my 2.5. I guess if I'm going to use it, I have to start with minimal exposure on its own (no more than 1/4 teaspoon to start with), then try it in cooking. I have lunch for today and am getting hungry so will eat soon! Dinner is up to Boyfriend, I think I will ask him not to use rice since my stomach is still feeling sensitive. Still not sure what I should bring for food to the lake house, but I'll probably pre-cook and chop up some sweet potatoes, at least.

Sleep: I did not feel prepared to sleep at 10:30 so I stayed up until 11:15 watching Boyfriend play Terraria. I fell right to sleep after that and I don't remember waking up when he came to bed. I woke up much easier this morning, though not without the usual stumbling around.

Mood/brain: I feel pretty good today. Worried a little about the lake house, but otherwise, not very stressed or anxious. I am going to try to stay off the computer after 8PM tonight, I can sew or read on my Kindle. My reading challenge for the year (40 books) is stalled halfway, and at this rate, I don't think I'll get there.

I joined Fitocracy (about to put link in signature). I don't know if it'll help keep me on track with exercise and such, but I will try. Add me if you're on there!

http://www.fitocracy.com/profile/namelessw0nder/

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, you're definitely on track! Makes me feel kinda... lazy...

Oh well ;x I'm not there yet to be thinking about exercise ;s

I was staring at the Olympic pictures for like 3 hours to realize that my screen cropped the hot guys ;D
    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD