Page 161 of 860 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261661 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 8592

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 161

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Alternately, you DO try this at home, get a bellyache, and learn why you should not do it.

I enjoyed X-Men: First Class, then again, I even enjoyed X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I can recognize their failings and short-comings (Beast's make-up = so much better in the first films!), but I still found them really fun. Then again, I find the characters very interesting. Booter and WLB have inspired a blog post on my interest in cinema and "bad movies", which I'm starting to write now, but will post on Friday. Not sure where it's going right now, just kind of thinking out loud.

Loved the first Hangover film, felt like the second was going to be a re-hash of the first, but have heard good things so maybe we'll check it out. Bridesmaids was supposedly a woman's version of The Hangover, which is not a bad thing, and I think I'd like to see it, but that seems like a sister or mom hang-out movie-date kind of movie. Boyfriend would probably like it, but I'd rather watch it with a chick. Hall Pass didn't even reach our movie-scoping radar, think I'll skip that one.

Speaking of films, we're making plans with our group of friends to see Dark Knight Rises (am I the only one that thinks ka-niggit when they write/type "knight"? I also sing how to spell "encyclopedia" a la Kermit the Frog in my head) on opening night. A local theater (which a friend works at, but apparently no free passes for employees or friends of employees for this movie, unsurprisingly) is carrying it and we happen to really like the theater so we'll probably go there. I imagine we'll need to get advance tickets.

I had a bit of coffee and my brain perked right up. I'm turning the rest of this entry into another blog post (2 in one day?! I don't feel like waiting to post it tomorrow =P)
    Woohoo! I inspired someone today! 90% of the movies that I'll watch at any time, any place are bad ones. That's weird. Like the first Fast and the Furious. I'd watch it right now and I find it so freaking cheesy that my friends and I often quote it's cheesiness, and if you have a problem with that "I'll leave tread marks on your face". One funny scene in Hangover II was when a dude said "K as in knife" to phonetically spell something. I find that hilarious.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Ooh I've been meaning to see Source Code but keep forgetting. I also enjoyed Wolverine, need to watch it again!

So since reading that you were looking for a slow blink I started looking for something similar.
    Lots of great gifts out there, but this is one of the better...

I'm excited to see Dark Kuhniggit rises - I am going to a theater paid for by work, but have had a couple other offers to see it opening night as well... I guess it's fate!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    We don't do theatres very often. We would like to see Savages, but I think that's just b/c we like the song in the trailer.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I wrote a blog post yesterday and it should be going up around 12:15 today. If I was writing from home, I could probably even schedule it to notify on FB and Twitter, but I don't want to install those plug-ins on my work laptop. When our network situation is sorted out, IT people will be able to see anything installed on a networked computer. I'll share the link here when it's up.

Sleep is still not right. I'm waking up when I'm supposed to, so that part of my schedule is at least fine, but I did not get to bed early enough.

I think I'm going to start getting up early again, like I did last week. Traffic has been awful in the mornings lately. At the start of the week, there was visible construction, now I have no idea what's causing it, but it seems better before 8:30.

I did a brief workout circuit last night, with the kettlebell and some bodyweight exercises. I would do each move to just before failure, then do something else. I found after a few movements (like 4 overhead presses on each side, plus 20 sec plank, plus 2 assisted push-ups [yeah, was not doing them right before, hence why the number is very low], plus 20 deep squats), I felt really drained and would sit down and drink some water for minute, then go through the movements again. I don't know how effective this is, but I felt pretty good about it/after. I don't think I'd feel as drained if I was sleeping properly, but maybe it's just because I don't do any cardio.

Feeling stressed today. Could be PMS, could just be lack of proper sleep. Getting some water and hunting down interwebz entertainment.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 01-22-2015 at 12:12 PM.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

Oh right, and on other Primally things, I ate a proper breakfast this morning and made lunch. We picked up some hot Italian sausages at the store last night and I'm really hoping there's nothing icky in them. The labels looked okay, but "spices" and "spice extracatives" or something like that is always kind of sketchy. The organic and certified gluten-free ones were really pricey. I recall from last Fall, when we used to get these sausages, that there were a few times that I felt like I might have had a bad response to them. We shall see. If I do, I guess Boyfriend gets a proper lunch!
    Journal

Screw you, spammer from Mars! I don't want to eat your apples!

A co-worker keeps coming over to chat lately and commenting that I don't seem like myself. He is the only person in the office I'm really friendly with and chat much to in general/about out of work things and we're friends on Facebook. He has an enthusiasm for bacon and ignores my attempts to get him interested in Primal eating to lose some body fat. Anyway, I don't really know how to respond. I think I visibly squirm uncomfortably when he says that. This time he said, "I'm not going to pry." Guess what dude, you're kind of prying! I did say that there's been some stress with money and Boyfriend getting a job and such, which he related to. I don't know. Trials and Tribulations of Making Friends, I guess.

45 min to kill. My 10 vol developer should have arrived today, so I can fix my roots and re-pink this weekend!
    Journal

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there chica. Sometimes we just have a false sense of responsibility when it comes to money. I know that sometimes I will choose something I want over something I should get instead. It's a product of always having money and no responsibilities as a young adult. At least, that's it for me. Money was in my pocket to burn, not use responsibly.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Right now, all of my spare HAS TO be set aside for oil or we will be very cold this Winter. Even without that, the money I have after essentials (utilities, food, rent, student loans) is not much and I need to save. I have really nothing in the way of savings right now and that's dangerous.

I only had money burning a hole in my pocket before we moved into the apartment and in college (when rent was cheap and I was working part-time while in school full-time). I miss those days.
    Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Methinks dat dude is hitting on you in his own way.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.