Page 161 of 784 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261661 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 7833

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 161

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hehehe I love Cookie Monster, screw that "cookies are a sometimes food" nonsense they switched him to.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    My brain is super sluggish today. Last night I felt like I had accomplished nothing with my evening so we stayed up till 11:30 finishing X-Men: First Class.
    I presume you were as thoroughly disappointed as I? The wife and I have watched 3 movies in the last week, with is 3x the amount of the previous 6 months. The Hangover II, Bridesmaids and Hall Pass, all recorded from our free movie channel weekend a couple months ago. Speaking of Hangover II and Hall Pass, what's up with the penis shots? I mean, that's just not something you expect to see when you watch a movie. A woman's breasts? Yes, what self-respecting movie is not going to show some boobs? I mean, guys buy movies, guys likey looky at booby, uh huh. But I don't want to see peckers in my movie! Especially not in The Hangover II when it's attached to what you thought was a hot chick.
    My scores on the movies: The Hangover II: A+, makes me want to watch the first one. Bridesmaids: B, actually a nice little story there, completely unexpected. Hall Pass: B- a little funny, Owen Wilson is hard to watch, I don't know if it's the crooked nose or his lack of acting skills, probably a combo of the two.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Hehehe I love Cookie Monster, screw that "cookies are a sometimes food" nonsense they switched him to.
    Yeah it's like everything else they have to dumb down for people. He's COOKIE MONSTER!! He goes crazy on da cookiez! No need for restraint from HIM. We treat kids and this generation like a bunch of idiots who can't handle being told what to do all the time. "Don't try this at home" OF COURSE you don't try this at home, what are you stupid? Apparently so!

As for X-Men First Class, I liked it all right.
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

canio6 Guest
    Yeah, I thought X-Men First Class was alright. I did see two decent movies lately - The Road with Viggo Mortensen and Source Code with Jake SomelongnamewithaG. Both were very good.

My bad. I just thought it threw a bunch of random CGI stuff in my face.
    I'll go tighten my cilice.

I read The Road (love Cormac McCarthy) and have had the movie TiVoed for when I'm in the right frame of mind to watch it. It being so jolly and all. Source Code was kind of cool too, directed by David Bowie's son (Duncan Jones). If you liked that, check out Moon, his first flick, also recommended.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    My bad. I just thought it threw a bunch of random CGI stuff in my face.
    I'll go tighten my cilice.
    It did, but being it is a comic book movie it is about what I expected. Anyway, Jennifer Lawrence ftw. Sure, she makes me feel like a dirty old man, but I am okay with that.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    If you liked that, check out Moon, his first flick, also recommended.
    Yes, Moon is excellent. We actually watched Source Code because we enjoyed Moon.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Alternately, you DO try this at home, get a bellyache, and learn why you should not do it.

I enjoyed X-Men: First Class, then again, I even enjoyed X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I can recognize their failings and short-comings (Beast's make-up = so much better in the first films!), but I still found them really fun. Then again, I find the characters very interesting. Booter and WLB have inspired a blog post on my interest in cinema and "bad movies", which I'm starting to write now, but will post on Friday. Not sure where it's going right now, just kind of thinking out loud.

Loved the first Hangover film, felt like the second was going to be a re-hash of the first, but have heard good things so maybe we'll check it out. Bridesmaids was supposedly a woman's version of The Hangover, which is not a bad thing, and I think I'd like to see it, but that seems like a sister or mom hang-out movie-date kind of movie. Boyfriend would probably like it, but I'd rather watch it with a chick. Hall Pass didn't even reach our movie-scoping radar, think I'll skip that one.

Speaking of films, we're making plans with our group of friends to see Dark Knight Rises (am I the only one that thinks ka-niggit when they write/type "knight"? I also sing how to spell "encyclopedia" a la Kermit the Frog in my head) on opening night. A local theater (which a friend works at, but apparently no free passes for employees or friends of employees for this movie, unsurprisingly) is carrying it and we happen to really like the theater so we'll probably go there. I imagine we'll need to get advance tickets.

I had a bit of coffee and my brain perked right up. I'm turning the rest of this entry into another blog post (2 in one day?! I don't feel like waiting to post it tomorrow =P)
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Alternately, you DO try this at home, get a bellyache, and learn why you should not do it.

I enjoyed X-Men: First Class, then again, I even enjoyed X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I can recognize their failings and short-comings (Beast's make-up = so much better in the first films!), but I still found them really fun. Then again, I find the characters very interesting. Booter and WLB have inspired a blog post on my interest in cinema and "bad movies", which I'm starting to write now, but will post on Friday. Not sure where it's going right now, just kind of thinking out loud.

Loved the first Hangover film, felt like the second was going to be a re-hash of the first, but have heard good things so maybe we'll check it out. Bridesmaids was supposedly a woman's version of The Hangover, which is not a bad thing, and I think I'd like to see it, but that seems like a sister or mom hang-out movie-date kind of movie. Boyfriend would probably like it, but I'd rather watch it with a chick. Hall Pass didn't even reach our movie-scoping radar, think I'll skip that one.

Speaking of films, we're making plans with our group of friends to see Dark Knight Rises (am I the only one that thinks ka-niggit when they write/type "knight"? I also sing how to spell "encyclopedia" a la Kermit the Frog in my head) on opening night. A local theater (which a friend works at, but apparently no free passes for employees or friends of employees for this movie, unsurprisingly) is carrying it and we happen to really like the theater so we'll probably go there. I imagine we'll need to get advance tickets.

I had a bit of coffee and my brain perked right up. I'm turning the rest of this entry into another blog post (2 in one day?! I don't feel like waiting to post it tomorrow =P)
    Woohoo! I inspired someone today! 90% of the movies that I'll watch at any time, any place are bad ones. That's weird. Like the first Fast and the Furious. I'd watch it right now and I find it so freaking cheesy that my friends and I often quote it's cheesiness, and if you have a problem with that "I'll leave tread marks on your face". One funny scene in Hangover II was when a dude said "K as in knife" to phonetically spell something. I find that hilarious.