Page 159 of 748 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259659 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 7474

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 159

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Do you earn vacation or have to take the time unpaid? If you earn the vacation, you have every right to use it. If they don't want you to use it, they should not offer it to you...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I earn PTO, to be used how I wish (vacation or sick). If I work less than 80 hrs in a 2 week period, I have to either use PTO, or have my manager sign something saying it's okay. I really want to save up enough PTO to have a nice "just in case" cushion, and for maybe a longer local get-away next year. I don't think we'll have the money to go somewhere like DC again, but a longer trip to Maine would be fun and affordable. Or even just a couple more days around the holidays so I can relax!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Side note, I am having fun being defensive around the forums today. I feel very clear-headed. I get a little pissed off at how some people respond, but I know these people always respond in these ways. I don't feel like I need to block anyone, but I have to remember who they are so I can be amused and steer clear. Anyway, I feel like I am communicating effectively and it's kind of fun defending my position without being rude or resorting to snide remarks or name-calling. It is still a sad thing to watch an amusing/interesting thread devolve into a pissing contest.

The Internet: Where everyone has to have the last say.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    what thread are you referring to?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Side note, I am having fun being defensive around the forums today. I feel very clear-headed. I get a little pissed off at how some people respond, but I know these people always respond in these ways. I don't feel like I need to block anyone, but I have to remember who they are so I can be amused and steer clear. Anyway, I feel like I am communicating effectively and it's kind of fun defending my position without being rude or resorting to snide remarks or name-calling. It is still a sad thing to watch an amusing/interesting thread devolve into a pissing contest.

The Internet: Where everyone has to have the last say.
    LOL...
    I have had an awful weekend of anxiety over doctor situations. So I've been a bit extra moody... with Chaco in particular because he is a know-it-all azzzzz.
    And it mostly bugs me that he plays "know-it-all" with topics that he actually knows nothing about.

I've decided that he isn't worth the trouble... He can keep thinking that ALL cottage cheese is traditionally a low fat by product of butter making if he wants, despite the fact that they type of stuff has been around eons longer than the refrigeration required to make that assertion a reality.
    His willful ignorance makes my head hurt worse than it already does.

You can lead a Equus africanus asinus to water, but you cannot make it drink.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Hehehe

Chaco is a complete know-it-all. He could be a health guru, with the way he writes and throws his weight around.. People would give him a lot of money, I think. I wonder if he knows it, and he's playing us all.

I have to stay off the site altogether when I'm too moody because I tend to just upset myself when I try to assert my position and then get shot down. Being a productive interneter can be hard for this brain sometimes.

Okay maybe I'm fooling myself into thinking I can change people. Sometimes I just feel like it's important to step up and make it clear that I have little tolerance for people masking their personal feelings as an agenda. If you feel something about a topic, great, go ahead and share it, but if someone disagrees with you, claiming they are wrong or attacking your preferences is childish.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Okay maybe I'm fooling myself into thinking I can change people. Sometimes I just feel like it's important to step up and make it clear that I have little tolerance for people masking their personal feelings as an agenda. If you feel something about a topic, great, go ahead and share it, but if someone disagrees with you, claiming they are wrong or attacking your preferences is childish.
    Definitely agreed...
    In the case above he had previously stated in another post that he personally dislikes the taste of the creamy full fat stuff... so now he is just selecting information that supports his preference as 'fact' in his agenda rather than looking at all of the evidence.

*shrug*
    I'm all about personal preferences.
    Facts are a different story. They are what they are, denying them doesn't negate them.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Yarr.