Page 152 of 797 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 7970

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 152

I clicked on an ad for t-shirts. I found one I might buy, it says "You're Killing Me Smalls!" I love that movie, I shall have to watch it soon. I haven't seen it in FOR-EV-VER, FOR-EV-VER, FOR-EV-VER.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Haha I wouldn't click very often (maybe once a day). FPSJosh01 had his Adsense account deleted because someone clicked an ad over and over. Every pageview and every ad-click gets me a little bit of money. It's taken me about 4 years to get to $64, mostly because I wasn't using it that much or advertising (well, sharing it) it on Facebook, forums, and Google+. I had $30 when I started asking people to click earlier this year. It'd be really cool to be able to offer ad spots to other blogs someday, but I just want my blog to look awesome and have some good regular content in it for now. I know a graphic designer on another forum that could probably make a nice header for me, but I still need some good text to go with it, plus the money to pay her!

On to today's thoughts...

I was struggling with cravings last night, but I slayed them with an orange and a glass of milk. I got Horizon's Organic whole milk. I actually think that it tastes better than your average whole milk! I've never noticed changes in milk before aside from consistency when you reduce fat. I'm going to "supplement" with a glass of milk every night as I come out of a higher-than-normal-sugar period and go back to practically no sugar except for my morning honey. I successfully ate no fresh baked sugar cookies!

I have a small pile of printed coupons all ready for any potential "treats" this weekend. Treats for me, right now, are dairy (kefir, yogurt, or milk), pre-cooked sausages, or a bottle of kombucha (Whole Foods has a kit for making your own, but it's probably expensive). These treats usually go towards after work snacks (if I've skipped lunch), lunch, or breakfast items to go with my usual eggs, so they really aren't "treats", they're supplemental material. I could get by just fine without them, but there's a chance I might end up unnecessarily hungry (which might make me very cranky, like yesterday) because I'm not eating enough for too many days in a row, as a result. I realized last night that I think the reason why we spent so much less on groceries this month is because we cut out treats almost altogether (only a few baking items for Boyfriend, and he actually paid for those I think) and I was eating fruit/sweet potatoes to supplement my diet and fill me up more often. A big bag of oranges for $8? Winning.

I may use some of those coupons this weekend to get me some yogurt, but we'll see. I'm all nervous about the budget again. Last night I wanted to say FUCK IT and get a big thing of Haagen-Dazs at BJ's Wholesale because it's such a good deal (vanilla, so I could add stuff to it if I want, like fruit, but that also means there's really no additives, so it's "wholesome"), and "I'm not saving that much this month anyway." That is probably the thought that wil lkeep me from getting anything beyond essentials this weekend. We'll see how I do this week with just oranges instead of sweet potatoes. We got some regular potatoes last night (a medley) and will definitely be using some tonight with our steaks. Boyfriend likes his steak pretty dry, but he loved the butter I put on it last time I made it, which left it fairly well-done, but still moist. I like mine medium, but will eat them in any manner, really.

I am also worrying more about working out. If I could afford a personal trainer, I know I could get some nice attractive muscle pretty quickly! But I can't. A heavier kettlebell would also help with some glamour muscles, but I'm so worried about saving up for heat this winter, I don't feel like I should spend ANY money that's not for groceries or my health right now! I have the rest of my FSA balance to cover my blood work charges, and then no more un-taxed money for medical expenses (though I'll still be paying it off through my paycheck contribution for the rest of the year). I'll keep going to therapy as long as I feel I need it, though.

I wish I could find a second job. I can't imagine my tech support biz taking off even if I put up the fliers and such so I'm keeping an eye out for local odd jobs I can help with or part-time gigs that might accept me for weekend-only work. It would be SO awesome to pay off my loans sooner and have that ~$250 freed up every month!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Forgot to mention: I took Tryptophan last night and slept really well. Felt a bit groggy this morning, but for less than 30 minutes, which is pretty good for me. I was not very hungry in the morning and had some leftover sausages because no style of egg sounded appealing. I actually have over 15 lbs of meat to bag up and freeze waiting in the fridge that I could have cooked! That'll be an after-work, while-the-steaks-warm-up task.

Loulou is offline Junior Member
    I just checked out your blog and its awesome. Oh and clicked on some ads while I was there. Hope this helps!

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Because of work restrictions I can't do too much clicking (They recently blocked Amazon to limit the amount of 'shopping' done from work. Really?? Amazon is as important as Wikipedia! ) but I'll do some at home. I DID read a whole bunch about your tattoo progress, budgeting, etc. Very cool Orol and Sova design there!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    You gotta be careful with Google Ads. If they get wind that you're asking people to click, they'll shut ya down.

And you can't go in and click the links yourself. Even if it *IS* one that interests you b/c it's fraud and they'll shut ya down.

I hate budgetting... hate it. it's nice in theory but it never works out for me.

We put $1,000 in our HSA this year. We're down to $175 remaining. We have 3 hospital bills - only 2 fit in that dollar amount, but that $175 will only cover one bill - not both. Sucks. Luckily, we've reached our deductibles for this year so any time I go to the doctor from here til the end of the year will be free (covered through my employer and DH's) and the kids will only require copay. Thankfully. I can thank my son for that with this two ER visits already this year... crazy, accident prone kid!

with that... I'm gonna go click on some ads for ya.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Ok... no ads present - must b/c b/c the work computers have an ad blocker... usually they appear as a yellow box that says "web content blocked" but no such luck. I'll have to try from home.

I don't understand deductibles. What's the difference between the deductible and out-of-pocket deductible? Mine are $500 and $3000 respectively for in network. I've accumulated all $500 for in-network deductible and $160.97 for out-of-pocket in-network deductible. What does that meeeaaaan? Do I still have to pay $2,839.03 before I would have things covered? So what does that $500 get me? I've apparently also used all $500 for the out-of-network deductible, but no out-of-pocket ($6,000 limit).

Aw fuck, there might be a limit for my therapy appointments. Need to call about that so I can space them out a bit. I can't afford to go if I have to pay more than $20. That would suck.

Ugh. $75 for my contribution on the cell phone bill. I'm on my family's plan still. $25 for 1/4 of the plan cost, plus the best insurance I could get (considering getting rid of it though, I have a backup phone if anything happens to this one), plus data plan, plus texts, plus line charge. That's the price of convenience, I suppose. I could totally survive with a basic phone, but I don't want to =P

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here's a law link for your link love posts:

Utah mom upset over judge's hair-cut punishment