Page 151 of 797 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 7966

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 151

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    Hey! How come us fellas can't be special flowers too? Or snowflakes? Yeah... there is no way I'm touching a few of the more feminine threads on this forum! (maybe I shouldn't even be in here...?)

I love the conversation you are having here. I'm fairly new to Primal still, just finishing up 6 months with my wife. I've always been skinny. I'm losing all the extra fat STILL on Primal and I need to eat MORE so I can get to where I want my weight to be! So obviously I shouldn't take part in any conversation on this forum, right?

I personally think that the best thing Primal has to offer is the self awareness it can bring. My Primal is not your primal nor is it like anybody else's Primal. And that doesn't matter! Listen to your body because it knows what you need, or at least can inform you if you are doing something right or wrong! We are all unique in weird ways, but in that we are all the same and if you are a supportive community you can learn a lot no matter who or where or what you are! (TAKE THE MAGIC IODINE NOW!!)

I think you are doing a great job namelesswonder - keep up the good work and the great journal, and when you are old and mature like the rest of us, you too will be able to... Totally kidding there - people need to be willing to look for examples everywhere, and I know there is lots those special snowflakes could learn from you.

Also, side question: is your family Russian? (Lived in Russia for a few years, got a Russian degree, etc etc, so just figured I'd ask!)
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys, it is good to know we have some sane folks around

WB - I could probably stand to gain some weight, and I expect I will when I start gaining muscle. But I mean, I could probably sport a decent curvy figure if I "let myself go" (Primally) a little. More sweet potatoes please! I'm mostly not stressing about the potential for weight gain since I've gotten the food stuff down, for the most part, by now, but there are always days when things suck and I am angry at everyone and ice cream is delicious. Well, ice cream is always delicious.

My dad's parents were/are Russian immigrants (Belarus and Ukraine, both lived [one fought] in Germany for some time in WWII). My grandmother, oddly enough, associates herself with the Ukraine more now, possibly due to my grandfather, and also I think because some of her family was from there anyway. I still don't know how to speak Russian
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Mmm... Ice Cream... Yeah if I have ice cream in front of me BOOM! It's gone!

I'd like to go to the Ukraine sometime. We'll see if I ever make it!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Maybe I'm deluding myself from that movie with Elijah Wood (can't remember what it's called), but I'd love to see all those sunflowers.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordBlade View Post
    My Primal is not your primal nor is it like anybody else's Primal. And that doesn't matter! Listen to your body because it knows what you need, or at least can inform you if you are doing something right or wrong! We are all unique in weird ways, but in that we are all the same and if you are a supportive community you can learn a lot no matter who or where or what you are!
    Well said!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    PLEASE tell me I'm not one of those people whos journal you stopped reading. I really try to be totally open minded. This journey I am on is all mine, right? Yes, I have been dealing with hormonal issues. Yes, I am post-menopausal. PLEASE tell me I am not "one of those"! The SHE-GROKS thread isn't worth reading, IMO.
    I was in a depression yesterday. VERY rare for me and how debilitating it was! Screw those people who think you can just pull yourself up by your bootstraps and magically make it go away. IT ISN'T HAPPENING!! Until you've had a serious bout of depression yourself you have no idea what it does to a person. I have a new appreciation for those who suffer from it.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Maybe I'm deluding myself from that movie with Elijah Wood (can't remember what it's called), but I'd love to see all those sunflowers.
    That is an AWESOME movie! We love that movie - (Everything is Illuminated). And while I'm not exactly sure about the sunflowers (I think the movie was actually filmed in Poland) and it really is very former-Soviet country.
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    PLEASE tell me I'm not one of those people whos journal you stopped reading. I really try to be totally open minded. This journey I am on is all mine, right? Yes, I have been dealing with hormonal issues. Yes, I am post-menopausal. PLEASE tell me I am not "one of those"! The SHE-GROKS thread isn't worth reading, IMO.

I was in a depression yesterday. VERY rare for me and how debilitating it was! Screw those people who think you can just pull yourself up by your bootstraps and magically make it go away. IT ISN'T HAPPENING!! Until you've had a serious bout of depression yourself you have no idea what it does to a person. I have a new appreciation for those who suffer from it.
    When I accidentally cleaned out my subscriptions folder a couple of weeks ago (actually I think it was much longer ago than that!), I lost a bunch and have been really lazy about adding some back, yours was one! No, you are not an offender in my eyes I let myself get a bit overwhelmed by what felt like an alienating majority of post-menopausal whiny women on the forum, and you are definitely not one of those! It's mostly the She-grok thread that pisses me off so I'm going to keep myself out of there from now on. Sometimes group mentality brings out the worst in people. Than you for piping in (always surprised to find other people reading my journal)!

While I'm not happy you were depressed, I am happy that you've gained some perspective. I guess I am even happy for misguided folks that think you can just snap out of it (whatever your mental ailment may be), because they have never and may never have to experience it themselves. What lovely ignorant lives they must lead

---

Crap, it's another blog day. I gots nothing. Last month I earned about $30 from Google adsense, which brings me up to $64, but I still need to get to $100 for a payout. I feel that I will probably keep trying to get up to $100 for the rest of the year and then probably slack off again. It seems unfair to ask people to click on ads on my blog, but I'd really like to get a little revenue out of it, since it costs me nothing to do so. Eventually, I'd like to have someone design a header for me and a couple of different sized ads so I can submit them to advertise on other blogs. I still need to come up with a better name for the blog.

More later, going to poke around the forum and journals first.

I've always wondered about adsense's workings, but never turned it on with any blog I've had. I really don't have many people following them anyway. I did for a while with a World of Warcraft blog... but for the most part I'm too lazy to stay consistent with posting. That and I stopped playing WoW a long time ago! Anyway - good luck reaching the payout! A little extra cash sounds good to me!
    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love your blog and I clicked on an ad! Does that make you more money? Want me to click some more??
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.