Page 150 of 783 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250650 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 7828

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 150

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm not sure what journal you're talking about either and I'll probably try not to find out. I don't like journals like that where I feel like I have to be a mother and step in when someone is being unreasonable or making poor judgment.

I haven't gotten into the she-grok thread. I started to read it once but never got pulled in enough to stick with it. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find that happening. I see that a lot here at MDA. It's sad really.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Having to stand back and wait does suck, but being on that side of it has given me a greater appreciation for the people that did that for me. I knew then that I was hard to deal with. Watching/helping others makes me realize exactly how much of a brick wall I was for so long!

You know, some days just aren't people days. Try not to bite your tongue bloody and this too shall pass.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    The word domain makes me think of dominatrices, is that just strange or more Freudian than I would care to admit?
    Such a perv Booter!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I try to stay away from the Prince Herberts... all of them.
    I don't want to read about their self destructive behavior.
    I have my own craziness to deal with, and that is enough.
    Besides... the truth is that I have found that that type isn't really interested in help.
    Attention yes, help no.
    If they wanted help they would see a professional as they have been advised to do about 10,000 times.

The She-Groks thread is a strange place... I poke my nose in there but don't find it incredibly helpful to me even though I'm near 40, have a damaged metabolism, and f*d up hormones (not post yet though)... but i do occasionally try to put my own version of sanity out there for some of the ladies who get on the "But I can't lose weight FAST enough" train... Or the "it's not enough" thing where they talk about giving it up.
    I throw in my 2c about it not really being a DIET...
    It's OK to lose slowly... healthy even.
    And plateaus are just your body taking a breather and readjusting.
    After a month or so of 'break' make some adjustments and lose slow again.
    And hey... maybe you aren't at goal... but you're ticker thing says you are over halfway... tat's a really good reason to NOT quit.

I think lots of people get tired and have doubts and need a little encouragement sometimes.
    So I try to give some.
    *shrug*

I do not however ask questions about my own weight loss issues there... I'm aware of how they handle responses.
    Hell, I don't ask questions anywhere on the entire forum!
    I know that each area has a way of handling things, and what the outcome would be before even tossing the query into the pile.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Excuse me while I whip out the BTDT card.
    When I first started here in the forums, it was different. Much more supportive, much more helpful, and much less judgmental. Unfortunately, it appears to have been taken in by the public as an immediate cure for what ails you. They fail to see that those who ahve truly succeeded have succeeded here either A) weren't that broken to begin with, or B ) fought and clawed and are STILL fighting and clawing to see what workts for their body.
    I'm also seeing more and more "you're already skinny, shut the hell up, but why won't primal work for me. I'm still eating grains and beans, but it should work anyways because I'm a special little snowflake and this is a panacea diet" threads. I've given up on giving advice to most folks unless they directly ask me or it's something where I HAVE BTDT and it has nothing to do with weight.
    I've seen several ED folk on here. Some, like Mal, Paula, Tasha, and a few others, pull their shit together and realize that the mental issues and the ED go hand in hand. Some are still too deep in their own head to really want to change either one, for all the claims they make to the contrary. Some can't make that cross connection and wonder why they keep failing at one without fixing the other.
    I've had people try and talk trash to me (as in I wanted to fly out to wherever they were and administer a beatdown) because "you can't cure mental illness without drugs." Well, no, I wouldn't say I'm cured, but I'm doing a shit ton better after finding mt own path than I ever did on the drugs. Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it. Am I a special little snowflake? I sure as hell hope not, because that means I can't learn from the exp of others or let others learn from me.
    I guess I made the mistake of thinknig this forum was a shared learning experience for those who eat this way, regardless of health issues, metal, physical, or psych. It's slowly turning into every other goddammed diet forum on the web because of all the special little snowflakes, ignorant pricks, panacea seekers, and attention whores.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    BTDT, it always takes me a moment to remember what that means despite having seen it...a lot!

I really do want this to be a place of sharing and support and learning, but you are right, it is turning into a diet forum. Kinda want to smack people when I see the usual "this is a lifestyle not a diet" because so few people appear to be embracing it VOCALLY (I am sure many do, it's just not the overwhelming voice on the forum). The forum does seem to have seasons. I'll be interested to see how it changes over the next year (as I'm nearing 1 year here soon) and if it repeats cycles.

Cori is wise and kind. I wish I had your patience. I try hard, but sometimes patience is a conscious effort, which doesn't really work so well. I need to sigh and shrug more often because it makes me less inclined to bite someone's head off. And I really DO want to be the breath of fresh air for people, and I'll only accomplish that with a cool head.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I just blew by year 2, and the change between then and now is staggering.
    I try to be that breath of fresh air, most of the time I come across as a nutjob, a bitch, or someone spouting "wisdom" on topics I don't know jack about. Not because of what I say (I hope), but because of how all the damn snowflakes take it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Snowflakes. I love it.

I have to disagree with whoever told you, Naiad, that mental health issues have to be cured with meds... I think finding the root cause of the problem (if it's a chemical problem, that is) and supplying the right chemicals via food can cure it. Not all forms can be cured with diet/exercise, etc (like more severe cases, probably bi-polar disorder, etc) but I think a lot of people could cure their depression and anxiety with this type of lifestyle. It's so laid back and relaxed, slowed down, if you will, in comparison to other lifestyles, which is why I think it has helped me so much. It requires me to slow down, actually cook my food, PICK my own food and know what's going into things. this allows me a bit of a breather on most days.

Not only that, instead of using a drug to supply the chemicals I need to perform properly, I can eat foods that produce those chemicals (read: seratonin).

I'm not saying you're wrong b/c likely I could be wrong in my assumption, I'm just saying that I don't think all forms of mental health deficiencies need to be cured with food.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Jenn:
    I agree with you. Some truly can't be solved with external factors and do need medication. Some can get by exclusively on external factors, like food and exercise. Some need a combination thereof. I got lucky. I can do it with mostly diet and exercise. I just don't like being told there's only one way to do something.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I totally agree on the She-grok thread, I don't really feel welcome there. Acutally (and maybe it's just in my head) but it seems once people read that you are not trying to lose weight (or the horror trying to gain a few pounds) I almost feel kinda shunned. Like you don't need to be here so shut the hell up. But geez louise skinny people can be unhealthy too, as I was a PRIME example of....anyway.....Nameless I really enjoy your journal, I like how honest you are and I enjoy your writing style. Keep it up