Page 15 of 682 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 15

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    Oh yes and I made a quick write-up about my dietary changes so far in my regular blog
    Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: Strive for Health–Food
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

The apartment sitch is much clearer now... I would be anxious to get a new place, too...

There are a lot of ways to do spaghetti squash, but my sister had a recipe for a casserole that I've used as my fall-back, but it depends on how you feel about dairy. Basically, saute a little onion, garlic, and red bell until soft (maybe 1/2 c. of the onion and pepper, garlic to taste), season with S&P. Pre-bake the squash until scoopable (probably an hour; alternatively, you could nuke it). Dump the squash into a large bowl with the sauteed veggies and mix in a cup of sour cream, an egg, 1/2 c. of mozzarella cubed or grated, and whatever herbs you like (dried Italian; fresh oregano, marjoram, thyme, etc.), and more S&P. Spread into a casserole dish and cover with sliced or grated mozz and some grated parmesan. Bake at 375F for about 30 minutes or until cheese is superbly browned.

Variations are endless. You can add veggies to the saute mix (mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes), you can add red pepper flakes, you can play with cheese selection and quantity, you can substitute some homemade totato sauce for the sour cream, etc. It really is a flexible casserole if you love cheese! I'm probably making one tonight, just using whatever I have on hand.
    Last edited by Finnegans Wake; 08-05-2011 at 11:32 AM.

That sounds tasty. I'm okay with dairy as far as I can tell now. Bigger problems with grains than dairy! I don't have any of the makings for that so I might just be doing squash & cheese tonight O.O My carb count will still be low even with the squash tonight, and my protein is going to be over 100g, so really, I just need to eat *something*. I think I will break into that can of tuna right now, I am VERY hungry.

I think I might do the leptin reset. I'm already eating breakfast in the morning, but I like to shower before I eat because it wakes me up. It's become such a habit that I felt slightly disgusted when I tried to get myself to eat before showering! A pro/con of cooking after showering: the bacon smell stays in my hair all day. I'll just have to break that habit =\ or take shorter showers... Nah.

But maybe not. I realized after the swim yesterday that the immediate change that was apparent in my body is something I can KEEP with this WoE. I'm at a good weight now, and the body fat I have is not excessive in the least. If I can just get myself to MOVE more, I think I'd start to be much happier with my body. I think I'm doing well, I just need to work on food variety.

I think I'm going to torture myself and try on those size 4 pants...who knows, maybe they'll fit...

geostump is offline Senior Member
    If you're going to do the leptin reset, pre-cook meats before hand then heat them up before you eat. I eat then shower. I think men enjoy the scent of bacon in our hair

If you have any questions on the reset, feel free to pm me. I'm on week 7.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    i think men enjoy the scent of bacon in our hair
    qft
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I think the scent of bacon is on a list of aphrodisiacs.

My boyfriend wanders into the kitchen in the morning and goes "mmmmm" but usually declines the bacon...except when I made a lot and make some crispy for him (I like mine a bit chewy). I want bacon without the effort...can it be made in the oven?

Feeling run down. The can of tuna was unsatisfying, though I was full after. I think I prefer the taste of tuna in water rather than oil. Maybe it was just a bad can. Headache getting worse despite copious amounts of water. Desperately want to go home and sleep, but I've got some work to finish up (on someone else's computer so I can't bring it with me). Really want to sleep. Maybe I'm going through carb flu again, since I think I significantly decreased my carbs this week.

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    yes, bacon can be made in the oven - far easier IMHO.
    Line baking tray with aluminum foil, place bacon on foil, bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on thickness of slice) at 350 degrees.
    You could also set a rack on top of the foil and place the bacon on the rack if you prefer although it's not necessary.
    I use the rack for what it's worth.

Don't forget to save the fat by pouring it into a heat safe glass jar and storing it in the frig.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

D: Spaghetti squash and bacon (chopped into 1-2" pieces and baked, yes I saved the fat). Wasn't hungry by the time it was ready, never sure if I should eat when that's the case.

B: Cottage cheese. Feeling kind of sick. Maybe dairy in the AM is not a good idea. Headache is coming back already too.
    L: Will be leftover Spsquash & bacon
    D: Maybe an omelette, since we have mushrooms, tons of eggs, and yet more bacon.

Felt feverish yesterday but didn't take my temp and it was 94.6 this morning so I can only assume I'm fine.

PrimalCon New York
    Mrs. FW does not eat meat (except for fish), so she doesn't wear bacon perfume. Dammit. Although she did note once that if my arm was made out of bacon, I'd probably gnaw it off!