Page 148 of 682 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 6815

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 148

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    In all fairness to my equiptment, it is usually taking a beating because I can't take it out on the customers.

*smack the mouse into the desk* "Gah! The answer is NO! What part of that do you not understand?!"

Maybe I need to figure out how to mount a small punching bag in my cubicle instead . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    In all fairness to my equiptment, it is usually taking a beating because I can't take it out on the customers.

*smack the mouse into the desk* "Gah! The answer is NO! What part of that do you not understand?!"

Maybe I need to figure out how to mount a small punching bag in my cubicle instead . . .
    Don't tell my previous employers, but in all my cubicles, there's at least one soft spot where the fabric hides the fact that there's a hole in the particleboard from the heel of my hand or my foot.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lol- I'd take it out on our off-white, padded walls (coincidence? I think not) except that mine are attached to everyone else's in the row. The semi-perminent tremor would get annoying after a while
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Bring in one of those squeezy eye guys.

They creep me the fuck out so you don't have to worry about me stealing it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I had one and popped him in a week. I had a co-worker get me a "kicking bag" (duct taped bag of flour) and put it under my desk so I didn't put a hole in the wall of the one office I've had.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yeah, I would be afraid of popping it Hmm, my hands are pretty weak. Maybe a grip ball or something like that would help . . .

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Doc results are back! Ready for this? I got a 3 page cholesterol primer. FUCK YOU LADY: I'm glorious. Mostly full of general info on cholesterol that I already know, and some CW nonsense about healthy grains (but not a focal point, which is relieving).

Vitamin D - 59 ng/ml (Nice! I'll keep my 6,000 IU/day and maybe see about re-testing in August...probably have to keep up supplementation all year round considering my mom's propensity for low D as well)
    Glucose - 94 mg/dL (basically fasted, ate 12 hrs prior, not great, but not bad, considering sugar last week and some hypoglycemic symptoms)
    Cholesterol Total - 226 mg/mL (dude sweet! dropped 30 since earlier in the year)
    Cholesterol HDL - 64 mg/dL
    Ferritin - (can't find it in the documents but she said it's 30, down from when I was supplementing in January, but it's in my multivitamin at the same amount so I will be taking it again, need more Vitamin C for absorption)

Those are the results I care about/have available (don't tell me about LDL/trigs in your stupid document if you aren't going to calculate it, bitch!). I am very happy with the results. Even if my cholesterol levels are really nothing to be concerned about it, it is still relieving to see them lower than last year/earlier this year (biometric screening at work) and closer to out of the high risk range. I am awesome. More exercise and my new multivitamin full of awesomeness and I will be invulnerable. Except for stupid allergies.

My response to doc:
    "1. Ferritin was around 43 in January after 1-2 months of supplementation (up from 30). Stopped supplementing in March when I ran out of Vitamin C. Multivitamin has iron, but just started it last week. Would like to re-test in a few months. Results should be in the system from Dr. Gordin for last November/January including iron levels. Which document has these results? I could not locate it.
    2. Cholesterol is down since last year so I'm not worried. Also believe it runs high in family as well as heart disease, so slightly doomed, my dad lived a very healthy lifestyle prior to heart attack. Also not sure what kind of weight I could lose... Becoming more active will help enough I think.
    3. Vitamin D - going to keep supplementing to get closer to 70 for the summertime, would like to re-test in a few months with regular sunshine exposure."

Yeah, she fucking dropped "lose weight" in there. ExCUSE me? Maybe it was a canned response/she forgot who I was when she wrote it up (first time I've seen this doc). She probably didn't mean anything by it, but it ruffled my feathers anyway.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

YOU need to lose weight? Really?! What universe is she living in?
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I would expect it to ruffle your feathers! You're in the 120's! What more does she want?!?!

I think your numbers look pretty good. Your total cholesterol is well below 300 which is what I understand the bad line to be.

Great job!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Send her your "in progress" pics and ask her to point out what the problem is

(It is a little sad if that's in the form-letter version of follow-up information, though)

Other than that- Rock On!