Page 142 of 798 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242642 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 7978

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 142

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Nice job, Tasha!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Show me these vids... Makes me wonder if I actually midfoot strike as my foot doesn't "slap".
    I Youtubed "midfoot strike" and went from there. I was most comfortable with the side profile running videos to see what each was, but they have them from every angle possible. It's just a bit harder to find someone with minimal shoes or barefoot so i can see what it ACTUALLY looks like.

This is the midfoot I referenced from:

And this is the heel strike I saw:

Damn, Nameless! Looking good!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    You look great!!

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, all. I have a long ways to go, but who doesn't? I have also come a long way.

Early July is one year that I've been here, and truly dedicating myself to self-improvement, physically and mentally. A thought crossed my mind today: time for a new journal? Nameless Wonder: Starting Strength, maybe. That would be a good incentive to pick up my exercise attempts and really stick with them. I may end up putting my dad's birthday check towards getting my bike all fixed up (tune-up including truing the wheels, changing tubes and tires) so I can ride on the weekends and get some cardio in, until I'm ready to try riding to work. I'll keep thinking about it. I wouldn't stop updating on mood developments and supplements use because mental health is still my top priority.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Tasha- Don't bother changing journals. It's a pain in the ass and you eventually go back to the old one anyways (don't go looking for my most ancient one. It didn't last very long and was a boring meal journal.) Just give yourself goals and run with them.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I am channeling Ms. Dressage today in my broomstick skirt. Charcoal gray with diagonal white pin-stripes (the crinkly effect makes them look less strange than it probably sounds). I don't wear skirts often, but this is my favorite since it lives bunched up in a drawer on purpose and goes with everything. I love wearing it with graphic t-shirts, personally, but today I have a navy blue shelf tank-top with a white button-up (unbuttoned and sleeves rolled to elbows) over it. I'm not sure if the tank-top would be appropriate for the office (probably not), but the AC is on so I'm comfortable as-is. I am also wearing my black suede moccasins without socks because they kept falling down.

Why am I telling you this? I don't know, I felt like it. I am not very stylish, but I feel comfortable (in appearance) today. This is a good sign for the state of my head (whenever I say this, I think of "state of the union address". My whole journal is a "state of the head address").

According to videos on Zappos.com, Vibram is not pronounced vy-brim. Vib-rim is the proper pronunciation according to them. I've never heard it spoken before. Oh, English, you are a strange one. I'm torn between spending ~1/2 of my dad's birthday check towards some nice minimalist shoes (and then the question is do I get something that is 100% casual like the Merrell Barefoot Pace Glove, or something that could be dressy, like the Merrell Barefoot Serene Glove?) or getting my bike all tuned and fixed up. The rest of it would go towards the small loan I wanted to pay off this year. OR, the most super responsible option is to set it aside to go towards filling our oil tank for this winter, since I'm paying off my loans on-time, just not as faster as I'd like to.

Yesterday was a very successful do-nothing day. I was SO TIRED all day. I got debilitatingly bored at one point and Boyfriend and I commiserated on that (when you feel so bored that you don't WANT to do anything, but you hate NOT doing anything, and all suggestions just make you want to have a tantrum). I ended up taking in my bikini bottoms (a little too much, I think) and making some plans for the weekend. I think we'll drive up to Maine Friday night, head to the beach Saturday afternoon to get some totally not Primal food at Percy's, then walk down the beach as far/for as long as we can stand. Boyfriend was going to suggest this until I did, nice to know he's on the same page as me for a good outdoors experience. Sunday, it's going to rain. We can probably bring up some laundry so I can give Boyfriend a break from that (though, to be fair, I did the laundry every week for several months while his shoulder was healing).

For all my planning, sometimes I go with my gut and fuck the plans. Last night, I did not take Tryptophan. I slept just fine after I got Boyfriend to stop crushing me (glad he was sleeping well and on-time though!). I feel a bit tired today, but not outrageously so. This morning, I discovered that it's likely the B-complex I've been taking, and not the new multi, that makes me feel ill in the morning. I will try taking it after I eat, instead. I don't think I will take Tryptophan for the rest of the week. Too much serotonin would account for the sleep problems I've been having since I started taking it...could also account for depression relapse last week after the huge mood boost.

No-poo: I feel like giving up. It's such a hassle trying to fix my hair after I mess up the cleaning process. The lemon-water is very drying, but the hair oil I got is...too oily. My keratin conditioner (purchased to repair after bleaching, it works quite well for that) is the only thing that would regulate my texture after I added too much oil yesterday (I washed it a couple of times, tried rinsing with lemon-water too to see if that would strip it a bit, but no good). Give it a day, and it's usually fine after my scalp oils come back a bit/maybe my head absorbs some of the extra oil. I feel like it would be easier to get a good SLS-free shampoo and just use that a few times a week, rather than trying to make this no-washing thing work. My hair feels GREAT today, but that's mostly due to the conditioner. It's slightly waxy and I really want to hold off on washing it, to see what happens, but I can't stand that texture. I am probably too impatient to make this work.

And for fun, here's me about to head out to the wedding I went to on the 9th. Not pictured is the wide-brim straw hat my aunt bought me for an early birthday present when we visited in March.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Oooh- that outfit sounds like one I'd call "pajama work clothes." Sure I look all professional, but I feel like I could comfortably curl up and take a nap in this

(when you feel so bored that you don't WANT to do anything, but you hate NOT doing anything, and all suggestions just make you want to have a tantrum)

I'm sorry that you had that kind of boredom, but it's kinda nice to know I'm not the only one it happens to. Perfect description of it, btw.

I love the outfit! It makes you look witchy but in a totally good way

I insist that you spend at least part of the money on something that you WANT- even if it's also somewhat practical like the shoes or the bike parts. Responsibility is good, but so are indulgences when you are given a gift to do so.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    According to videos on Zappos.com, Vibram is not pronounced vy-brim. Vib-rim is the proper pronunciation according to them. I've never heard it spoken before.
    I heard this the other day. Sounds funny to say it, like it's very British or something.
    The rest of it would go towards the small loan I wanted to pay off this year. OR, the most super responsible option is to set it aside to go towards filling our oil tank for this winter, since I'm paying off my loans on-time, just not as faster as I'd like to.
    Ooooorrrrrr, you could sit on it for a while until you decide want its best use is. Because you know as soon as you spend it something will come up and you'll be all like I wish I wouldn't have spent my money on ____ because I really need ____.
    Just sayin', yo.
    I slept just fine after I got Boyfriend to stop crushing me (glad he was sleeping well and on-time though!). I feel a bit tired today, but not outrageously so.
    Innuendo? Double entendre? I can't tell since I'm old now.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Happy belated birthday!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Looking witchy: AWESOME. That is secretly my goal for a lot of outfits, whether I realize it or not (you basically just made me realize this, that has been the driving factor behind most of my planned outfits for the past 10 years).

Vib-rim totally sounds all posh British. I don't know the regional accents well enough to properly describe that.

I will be sitting on the money (not literally, it's already deposited in my savings account) for a while and stress about it the whole time, probably. That's how I roll. I don't want to stress about it, but I feel like I can't function without worrying about SOMEthing.

Lawl, not at all innuendo. Sometimes I am a "sensitive sleeper". Last night, my leg was bugging me (feeling all crooked) no matter how I lay and then Boyfriend decided his leg MUST be over my other leg despite me moving it multiple times. Finally I gave him a nudge and said I was going to sleep in the other room so we could both have some space to sprawl and he incoherently let me know we should just swap sides. He hugged the wall (pretty much literally) and I had the rest of the bed to get comfortable on and I was out pretty quickly after that. Man, he didn't used to be such a thrasher.