Page 140 of 779 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 7782

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 140

Primal Fuel
    Why do minimalist shoes have a maximalist price?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I wear Dr. Scholl's Fast Flats. They're like wearing mittens on my feet. There's literally nothing there except a really thin piece of fabric/leather. It's like socks. They're not good when it's raining and I know they'll suck this winter so I'll have to find a substitute this winter. And they're cheap! Like $10 at Walgreens! I like them.

Edit: Ok, they're $11 at Walgreens right now, but CVS, Walmart, Target and Amazon all have them as well. Walgreens only has black, but I believe Amazon has tan colored ones.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Fast Flats are a great idea for the office on days I ride my scooter (I wear my paratrooper boots when I ride). I wonder in regards to $, if it is cheaper to replace those fairly frequently, or cheaper to buy some probably tougher name-brand minimalist shoes. I don't think I kept my ballet slippers from high school, sadly.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I've had these for about a 2 months now and they each have a hole in the seam between the upper and the "sole" but you can't see it and it's not getting bigger so I'm holding out.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    You're welcome for the rec! It's worked so well for me that I want to pass it along to others it could help.
    I know the feeling of birthday money wants vs needs. I've usually settled on splitting the difference unless explicitly told to use it only for fun stuff.
    As to minimalist shoes with high arches: I've only really tried the VFFs and can tell you that the classics and the Jayas, while nice, leave my arch at least partially exposed. The black KSOs are nice and, since it's black on black, most don't realize it's "the freaky toe shoes." I've also had some luck with some cheapass flip flops I turned into huaraches with rope, but that likely wouldn't be work friendly. Let me know which of the others are high arch friendly, I've been curious for a while.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: Responsibility…with gifts?
    I could probably do huaraches and since those are a cheaper option, I feel less bad about spending my gift money on them =P I could totally make them myself, I'm sure, but I'm not in the mood for figuring out that kind of crafting. I want something that works and I will pay for it!

Not-boss/supervisor just told the IT team that he's been diagnosed with prostrate cancer. Haven't really encountered cancer like this (as an adult, I suppose) before. A family friend had it and passed away around the time I was 10 yrs old, but I don't recall that experience well. He said he's "middle of the road" right now, meaning it's not too minor, or too major, and he'll be going in to discuss treatment options in the coming weeks. As much as he annoys me at times, I do hope that everything turns out well for him.

As an interesting side-note, he has celiac. I know that he still eats plenty of gluten-free grains. Curious how long ago he was diagnosed. He has had a very gaunt/thin appearance for the year+ I've known him and I did notice he seemed thinner lately (could be stress, could be the illness). My morbid curiousity is intrigued by his diagnosis and wonders how much his diet may have played into this.

I always wonder the same about people who are ill.

I asked about whether or not going barefoot would cause my arches to "fall" and I think it was MamaGrok who said that our arches are muscles and naturally built to be worked. She equated them to bridge arches and how they're strong structurally and don't fall and don't need anything to hold them up. I wonder if it's a situation where you wear shoes with arch supports so your arches don't get the "workout" they need to remain strong and when you go without arch supports they "fall". What she said made sense to me and I'm not going to question it. I have a medium arch and was told in the Army to make sure my arch doesn't "fall" (what the hell does that mean anyway??) and so far after 2 months in my fast flats I haven't had any issues in my arches. everything feels great.

Oh I'm not worried about my arches hurting from being barefoot, I'm worried about the fit of the shoe over the top of my arches and rubbing. I tried on a Fila Skele-Toes recently (passing through a sporting goods store) and it was just the teeniest bit too snug on top. The toes didn't fit me well either, they felt "cheap" and the seams would be bothersome, I think. I'm curious if there exists a "barefoot" shoe with a snug arch from the bottom, because I feel that would be very comfortable.

I've been wearing some moccasins for a couple of months now, fairly regularly. I don't really understand the mid-foot strike and with my right leg always going twisty from my stupid hips, it's hard for me to walk properly, let alone properly BAREFOOT. I try, though. I think my feet are stronger for it, but who really knows. I was hoping that changing my walking style would help with my stupid hips, but no such luck. My knee was popping again today so I think I will need to see the chiro again fairly soon =\ I can feel when my right leg is off and it is definitely off again. That's what I get for exercising on crooked hips and waiting so long for an adjustment, probably!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I still heel strike when I walk, but when I quickly run across the road, I find myself striking with a midfoot strike.