Page 139 of 893 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 8922

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 139

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    *Hugs Wonder, glares at Boyfriend*

Fights, even over stupid stuff, happen. I'm glad you two were able to talk about it, though. That helps.

I'm sorry you no longer feel safe. That's hard. Do you feel like you are in danger, or just not quite as protected?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Happy birthday. Gemini (I use sidereal zodiac) is a good sign. Cheer up, try not to mentalize so much. I'm a Virgo, I totally get it- in my head all day every day but it's gotten a lot better and I know it will for you too.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Happy birthday, Tasha!

I got money from my grandma once for my birthday and made the comment that now I can pay this or that. She got upset with me and told me that birthday money is to be spent on me, not on bills. It's a gift, not a bill payment.

While the responsible person inside of you is saying "Keep it in case you need it", the fun side of you needs to realize that you deserve pampering and gifts too.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I really do want the pampering! I will get past this mental block. I mean, my dad's money would cover a pair of VFFs! I would have to wait to get them anyway, because I need to get sized. There's a cool shoe place in Harvard Square that carries VFFs (possibly other minimalist shoes, though the site doesn't show any...maybe the stock has changed) so I know I could try them on there, but I'll have to wait anyway because I'm going to Maine this weekend.

Concerns for minimalist shoes: I have high arches, so they need to be able to fit over my arch comfortably. I like the following shoes for looks:
    Vivobarefoot Kali Black - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
    Merrell Barefoot Spirit Wrap Black - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
    Merrell Barefoot Wonder Glove Denim - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
    Merrell Barefoot Pace Glove Lavender Lustre - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

All would be okay for the office, but all but the last probably wouldn't be great for cooler weather. As for VFFs, I'm pretty nervous about the teasing and questions that may occur with the "toe shoes". I don't think I could pick a style without trying them on first. I'd like something that can stand up fairly well to street-wear.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Why do minimalist shoes have a maximalist price?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

I wear Dr. Scholl's Fast Flats. They're like wearing mittens on my feet. There's literally nothing there except a really thin piece of fabric/leather. It's like socks. They're not good when it's raining and I know they'll suck this winter so I'll have to find a substitute this winter. And they're cheap! Like $10 at Walgreens! I like them.

Edit: Ok, they're $11 at Walgreens right now, but CVS, Walmart, Target and Amazon all have them as well. Walgreens only has black, but I believe Amazon has tan colored ones.

Fast Flats are a great idea for the office on days I ride my scooter (I wear my paratrooper boots when I ride). I wonder in regards to $, if it is cheaper to replace those fairly frequently, or cheaper to buy some probably tougher name-brand minimalist shoes. I don't think I kept my ballet slippers from high school, sadly.
    Journal

I've had these for about a 2 months now and they each have a hole in the seam between the upper and the "sole" but you can't see it and it's not getting bigger so I'm holding out.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    You're welcome for the rec! It's worked so well for me that I want to pass it along to others it could help.
    I know the feeling of birthday money wants vs needs. I've usually settled on splitting the difference unless explicitly told to use it only for fun stuff.
    As to minimalist shoes with high arches: I've only really tried the VFFs and can tell you that the classics and the Jayas, while nice, leave my arch at least partially exposed. The black KSOs are nice and, since it's black on black, most don't realize it's "the freaky toe shoes." I've also had some luck with some cheapass flip flops I turned into huaraches with rope, but that likely wouldn't be work friendly. Let me know which of the others are high arch friendly, I've been curious for a while.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: Responsibility…with gifts?
    I could probably do huaraches and since those are a cheaper option, I feel less bad about spending my gift money on them =P I could totally make them myself, I'm sure, but I'm not in the mood for figuring out that kind of crafting. I want something that works and I will pay for it!
    Journal