Page 138 of 748 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 7477

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 138

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, it has worked on most recalcetrant animals, including said friend. When he sobered up he said I sounded like Satan- or maybe his mother. It might help that it comes complete with a lowered-brow glare and inflating my body to look as imposing as possible. Really, it's all in the details . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    THE LOOK works on just about everything, including drunk assholes that think I want to go home with them and cats that think clawing at me is friendly.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Unfortunately, when I'm having bad days, a junior version of The Look is my general expression without my consent at all. That's why I review my mood carefully before participating in social events whenever given a choice.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I think I gave it a pathetic pout and the licensing error (new problem GAWD) went away. Here's to whatever diety wants to pick this one up that I don't hear about this again and we can get her switched over to that new machine relatively smoothly.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yay! And you've got to be almost done for the day. Have a safe and sane trip home and get your double dinner and cuddles!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I have resorted to appoligizing for being so neglectful and not appreciating things enough when all else fails. Some times this actually works and my hubby just shakes his head at me. This actually worked on the tractor last year after I spent like 2 weeks trying to fix it. When it's the computer, I usually just whine to my husband and tell him I don't know what I'd do without him.

When I'm overwhelmed with anxiety and stress, I usually repeat a montra like "All is well" or remind myself "I can do this". If a little gas spills, oh well - oops - we've all done it! Don't stress over the silly stuff ... and it's all silly stuff - except for Baba of course!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, when I'm in a foul mood, the entire world knows, mostly because of the expression on my face. According to SWG, it's my " I'm one idiot away from a killing spree" death glare and even he gets a little cowed when I'm in that mode. The man that, to my knowledge, fears very little, was afraid of me when I was in that mode. And he's a foot and a half taller and nearly 100 lb heavier.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

According to my sister, I scowl and can look pretty intimidating when I'm concentrating. (heavy eyebrows and somewhat deep-set eyes'll do that) When she gets worried is when my face goes blank. That means I'm MAD.

Oh yeah- I forgot about the security guard at work asking me why I always looked like I wanted to punch someone. I figured the best answer wasn't "Because I do" and I worked on moderating my expression a bit more after that.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    DH said he was afraid of me when he first saw me. He said I was intimidating. But he also says the first time he saw me I was in uniform and quite honestly, almost everyone looks intimidating in uniform.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Hmm, so is he one of those few, delightful men that find intimidating to be attractive

(Women in a properly fitting uniform of most types do tend to have their attractiveness go up along with their potential intimidation factor IMO)