Page 132 of 794 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232632 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 7935

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 132

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    BTW, black lights aren't made for gingers. My freckles look black, it grosses me out.
    It's not Nordic friendly either. My skin glows like Casper, my freckles look like I got attacked by a sharpie, and my hair turns grey.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    snipped
    holy snikes, where the frack have you been dude? Good to see you posting.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm I've heard good things lately about selenium in the paleo blogosphere. Something worth investigating I think. I wonder if I could effectively consume Brazil nuts instead of getting a separate supplement, since they have such a high concentration compared to other food sources. How much do you take?

I'm worried I may be having a response to Tryptophan like you did with SSRI's(working for a week or so, then kaput). I feel like that may be a good sign for the health of my brain/system, but if I truly am low in serotonin and I'm not making enough from food, that is concerning.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    holy snikes, where the frack have you been dude? Good to see you posting.
    I KNOW RIGHT?

I've been having a rough time fitting in with the paleo community lately. Particularly Steve Cooksey, who has deleted my comments, repeatedly.

Mostly it's drama, and I had to spend a LOT of time discovering my voice.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hmmm I've heard good things lately about selenium in the paleo blogosphere. Something worth investigating I think. I wonder if I could effectively consume Brazil nuts instead of getting a separate supplement, since they have such a high concentration compared to other food sources. How much do you take?

I'm worried I may be having a response to Tryptophan like you did with SSRI's(working for a week or so, then kaput). I feel like that may be a good sign for the health of my brain/system, but if I truly am low in serotonin and I'm not making enough from food, that is concerning.
    One small round of selenium gave me a superhuman boost of awesome. Not sure what it was, but it felt good.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    comments deleted
    Kidding. Sorry to hear about the drama. It is good to see you posting again though.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Between the 2, I'm taking 270 ug. That's nearly 3 times the RDA and just enough to keep my body happy. I've thought about Brazil nuts, but never tried it.
    It's possible you may just have a deficiency in a chemical needed to make serotonin. You might look into that. I think that's what it was with me. I just didn't have enough of whatever vitamin/ mineral my body needed excess of, which is why the SSRIs only worked for a little while and the supplementation did it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    There are so many things that contribute to serotonin production, I'm working my way down a pretend list =P Thinking back on my history with SSRI's, I think I have had a very similar response as you have had. I am sticking with the Tryptophan for now until I am absolutely sure it's not helping because it may be, maybe it's just hormones right now. St. John's Wort and SAM-e are next on the list, then probably selenium w/ vitamin E. Man what am I gonna do with all these supplements if they don't work?! I need to know more depressed people (kidding).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Between the 2, I'm taking 270 ug. That's nearly 3 times the RDA and just enough to keep my body happy. I've thought about Brazil nuts, but never tried it.
    It's possible you may just have a deficiency in a chemical needed to make serotonin. You might look into that. I think that's what it was with me. I just didn't have enough of whatever vitamin/ mineral my body needed excess of, which is why the SSRIs only worked for a little while and the supplementation did it.
    I've heard good things about brazil nuts, but a good selenium supplement is only 8 dollars at gnc. I know relying on pills to cover nutrition is probably taboo here, but it seems to work very well.
    Follow me on google+

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Kidding. Sorry to hear about the drama. It is good to see you posting again though.
    The drama will never go away, some people are too hard headed to comprehend that their macronutrient ratios might have to be different for different people.

I can take an online troll joke, but I know when someone is REALLY trying to rustle my jimmies.
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 06-13-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    Follow me on google+

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yep- I <3 Dexter Ok, I only saw through season two or three, but he's great. I didn't know Julia Stiles showed up. I usually like her. Hmm, if I ever go back to Netflix I might have to keep that in mind.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula