Page 130 of 676 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230630 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 6753

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 130

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Good luck to boyfriend! And YAY for unexpected checks!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Oh shit, it's blog day. I had a topic idea yesterday, hope it comes back to me.

My tummy is not okay with me today. Gassiness finally passed this morning, and now I feel nauseated. This morning I had a sweet potato with butter and a few eggs over easy in butter and drippings from last night's steak (did not clean the pan last night) and I feel like it wants to come back up. A cup of coffee with half & half actually sounds really soothing right now, not sure if that's just because I'm a bit cool and that would be nice and warming. I am also pretty tired, but I slept like a rock last night (another mid-night waking, but was out as soon as I got back to bed after peeing).

Today's minor case of pessimism says, "Well, it was bound not to last." Maybe it is a delayed effect of the cookies and beer I had two nights ago. Last night, I started to feel really down on my way home from work. I was feeling guilty about not wanting to buy Boyfriend chocolate chips (he asked), a pretty silly thing to feel bad about. I don't think I can fairly say that any particular thought made me feel down, but the feeling persisted for the rest of the evening, resulting in some griping and moody self-deprecation. I don't feel as great today as I have been for the past week, since starting the Tryptophan. I don't care to try and analyze the "whys" right now, I just hope it wasn't placebo effect.

Some things that are good about today: I don't have to make dinner tonight, I have work to do today (failed hard drive, so I'm imaging a new one and recovering data), I have an orange to eat, I don't have to drive the scooter in the rain.

No exercise. Maybe tonight. Maybe not. My knee has been bugging me since the cookies & beer. No pain, but there is a feeling of a "bubble" in the joint, like it needs to crack (my knees have always cracked/popped with regular movement), but I can't get it to release. My leg won't go straight as a result, which means awkward walking. Thank goodness for my chiropractor appointment on Saturday!!!!

Bleaching my hair means I get to see very accurately just how fast it grows out of my head. Regular dye up-keep dictates a refresh every 6 weeks. It has only been 11 days since I bleached my hair (12 since I dyed it pink) and I have some fairly significant re-growth (no rough estimates today, but I'm pretty sure I'll get over 1/2" this month). Go primal! Budget and laziness will dictate when/if I touch up the roots and re-dye. Without monetary concerns, I'd say I'd touch-up in 6 weeks, using Virgin Snow on the roots post-bleach and a new brand of pink the next day (not the Beyond the Zone crap I used last time). Atomic Pink (Special Effects) was my favorite in '09, it even glows in black-light, but I don't know how often I'll be exposed to that kind of light

My hurrs are fluffy today (and man I look pretty pissed/tired). This is what happens the day after a keratin conditioner "wash". It helped take the waxy feeling out of my hair. I'll do a lemon rinse in a couple of days, maybe. I wonder if that will be enough for a regular cleansing routine. I kind of miss the super short haircut I got a few months ago, but I also really want jaw-length pink hair. So indecisive!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    My hurrs are fluffy today (and man I look pretty pissed/tired). !
    You definitely have that, "Oh, your computer isn't working? Yeah, this is my concerned face. Now go f*ck yourself" look. It's rather fetching actually
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    You might have to install a black light in your cubicle just to take full advantage of the awesomeness of the hair color
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    "Yes ma'am Ms. Wonder, I just kept hitting Ctrl-Alt-Delete. Oh, I dunno, 10 or 12 times. I also spilled my mocha latte on the hard drive, but I washed it out with water. I've found that if you hit the Enter key harder, the computer works faster."
    What did I do?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Black-light hair in 2009

I want hair like this again (kitten optional), but without all the root growth. It looks cool at that length, but then it kept growing and roughly half my hair was not pink and it looked pretty weird.

And that is my favorite pink-dye shade. So much more vibrant than this crap ever was!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    You definitely have that, "Oh, your computer isn't working? Yeah, this is my concerned face. Now go f*ck yourself" look. It's rather fetching actually
    Agreed! lol

I love the blacklight pink! Awesome! You should totally do it again!

For the sake of "cleansing", i'd like to go super short again. But when it's that short, I have to shower every morning to tame it... I don't wanna make that kind of commitment. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Aaw! The kitten's cute too. Yeah, that is a better pink for you. I like the dark with the bright pink, though. More contrast is more depth. But that might just be me.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

We'll see where the wallet takes me. Could be that I just freshen up with this crappy pink next month. I don't know if I'll touch up the roots yet. It's going to be a pain regardless. I've never touched up roots before and Boyfriend is not very dexterous. Grrr need more hair-experienced friends.

That makes me want to watch Dexter again. Got tired of Julia Stiles' character and didn't start the next season with her, but I miss his character. Drssgchic, have you watched it? I feel like you might like him. He is disturbingly relate-able, for a serial killer.

Passing thought: +1 for less anxiety? Passing conversations with co-workers are actually pleasant. Sure, it's just about the weather, but I don't feel like I have to force it and I really am looking forward to good weather this weekend.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Excellent news on the anxiety.
    If this pink washes out too soon, try SPLAT! color next. I believe it lasts longer than Manic Panic. As to the roots, I've never done it with bleach. I tend to favor the "rub it on my hands and rub it into my scalp and roots" as opposed to the careful bit by section technique.
    I love Dexter, but I've only seen the first few episodes. He says and does half the shit I only wish I could say and do.
    (Out of curiosity, have you tried GABA yet for the anxiety? It helped me for a while, esp combined with tryptophan.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome