Page 13 of 779 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 13

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm so sorry about the accident but athomeontherange is right ... accidents are just that. Your boyfriend will deal with it .. usually the first response is not really how people feel in the long run. He already knew you were okay. Cars are weirdly personal - give him a pass for the initial response. Insurance will probably be a bitch to deal with and he know it .. they seem to approach actually covering what you are paying them for to be a crime beyond reason. It's a nightmare. I am glad you are okay. I am more glad that you were with a friend that was able to help you deal with the situation as it happened.

I'm really glad you had a good time over the weekend despite the accident. Cheating happens. It's tough when you are visiting others and there are lots of thing you 'shouldn't' eat. Remember it's the big picture that matters - not the weekend.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

Glad you're OK; things can be replaced. It stinks what those assholes did, though.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Insurance rep did not call on time. I left a message and emailed and am hoping for a call today. I want to get this started ASAP! I guess since it's not my car, there might be up to $25,000 of property damage coverage? So that's good! I'll have my boyfriend contact his insurance today too, they are awesome (USAA) and hopefully can get us started quicker. The boyfriend hasn't looked at the damage yet, but we're both hopeful about getting insurance to take care of it.

Feeling sick today. Enjoyed the IF reading from Mark this morning, but I'm not sure I want to try it when I'm feeling poorly. This headache won't go away, my eyes are puffy even after a good night's sleep. I feel like I need a good helping of fat and protein. We definitely need to go to the grocery store today, the fridge is empty! I realized that my boyfriend regularly does IF as sometimes he only eats every 24 hrs because he's just not hungry in the morning and doesn't get around to eating till the evening. Probably helps contribute to his lean physique.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Boyfriend's insurance will cover it. I will pay the $500 deductible and am disputing my ticket. Hopefully the appearance date is manageable/I have enough PTO to make it work.

I kind of IF'd yesterday, but am doing it for real today. I ate last night (Burger King, shame shame) around midnight so I figured this would be a good day for it. Didn't wake up that hungry, and I really only have vague rumblings right now. I asked my boyfriend to make a grocery list, so we'll pick up some stuff tonight if he doesn't do it before I get home. I would like to make spaghetti squash again, but I'm not sure what to have with it.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Glad everything is okay! I was just listening to Paul Chek on Underground Wellness & he says that you shouldn't IF until you have been on a healthy primal type diet, exercising, & sleeping well for a year because you will be burning fat that holds a lot of toxins & you don't want to overwhelm your liver.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Interesting. I was wondering if it would not be a terrible idea to do it periodically, if say for example $/resources simply do not allow for primal eating. Better to eat well, or just eat?

Starting to really think about lifting. I think I will bring gym clothes to work with me tomorrow, and if I wuss out about doing some weights, I'll just try some of the "couch to 5k" running (haven't done any, but really want to) in my socks on a treadmill.

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    Glad everything is okay! I was just listening to Paul Chek on Underground Wellness & he says that you shouldn't IF until you have been on a healthy primal type diet, exercising, & sleeping well for a year because you will be burning fat that holds a lot of toxins & you don't want to overwhelm your liver.
    Does that include a small IF of a skipped meal? Or is that not really considered IF?

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlarchitect View Post
    Does that include a small IF of a skipped meal? Or is that not really considered IF?
    16 or more hrs is considered an IF. I think you just have to tune into your body.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    16 or more hrs is considered an IF. I think you just have to tune into your body.
    Maybe I misunderstand what you are saying here because this seems to be a pretty serious warning. I am very new to this and still trying to figure it all out. If I understand you correctly, I think you are essentially saying that brunch is dangerous to newbies. It might sound as if I'm mocking you ... (and it is a bit funny to my ear to say that brunch is bad for you) ... but I think that is essentially what you are implying. By my estimation, brunch could easily create a 17 hour fast (or more) between end of dinner at 7pm and brunch at 12pm - that seems to be a normal range between the two meals in my experience.
    Am I off base here?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I went approximately 21 hours without eating yesterday, from midnight till sometime after 9pm. It wasn't a great way to break the fast, with meatballs & gravy (neither homemade), but my stomach felt fine this morning and my BM did not complain. This morning, I didn't feel very hungry, but I made 3 large bacon strips & 3 fried eggs anyway. This should help fuel me till dinnertime, especially because I'm meeting boyfriend at the gym for swimming today.

Boyfriend is still very reluctant to eat my food, even though it's not any different than what he's eating, except I'm eating more meat, and he has pasta/rice with it. I hope he'll make dinner tonight.

Frustrated with maintaining muscle mass. It doesn't seem right that a few days off from exercise (though admittedly it's been more like almost 2 weeks since I last swam save for the lake house) makes it so much harder. Will eating this way make it easier to maintain the strength I gain from exercise?