Page 129 of 777 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229629 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 7761

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 129

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm glad you had a good weekend. I hope your grandmother gets better soon
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Thanks for the well wishes. I got to tell Baba about the table she gave me that my dad and I were fixing yesterday. She seemed in good spirits, joking about how some people will do ANYTHING to get attention. I told her she'd just have to deal because we love doting on her. She was also trying, as usual, to get me to take some of her things because she doesn't need them and "maybe you could use them for your apartment!" She has been doing that since I was about 13 yrs old. I really hope to get up to Maine for a visit soon.

Boyfriend's interview at Macy's went well. He said he felt like he had a good rapport going with the interviewer. There's one other person being interviewed for the position and he should hear something by/around early next week. Line cook interview is tomorrow, which he potentially has a better chance of getting since it doesn't require experience. His experience for the guard position is from the Army, which is plenty of good experience, but it might not be quite what they're looking for/they might prefer someone who has held this kind of retail-guard position before.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Hope your Baba does better. Maybe when she gets out, your folks'd be able to broach the topic of assisted living or old folk's community more easily with the hospital visit still fresh in her mind.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

It's not a discussion anyone wants to try to have, but now is a good time, yes.

No new news on that front.

Food: I forgot to mention that Boyfriend and I picked up a 6-pack of Stella Artois over the weekend. I just had a hankering to split a 6-pack with him. Of course, I also forgot that one beer gives me a headache now, so I had one all yesterday evening and this morning. Okay now, seems to have dissipated with the introduction of food to my system this morning. I also had a bunch of cookies yesterday. I was pretty gassy, but feeling okay despite. I should be getting my period soon, so maybe it's just an urge to carb-load with my cycle. Fine by me!

Tonight I am making steaks again, different kind of cut from last time (top round something or other, physically round and very lightly marbled). Not sure if they should be marinaded or just seasoned. Steak and taters = my favorite semi-primal meal.

The local farmers market starts TOMORROW and runs late enough that I can swing by for a little after work. I really want to stop by and get some fresh eggs/meat/milk/honey, but with budget in mind and only $7 in my wallet, I suppose I'll just swing by and check out prices and availability for now. I need more eggs for tomorrow morning so I'll have to go to the store tonight anyway. I am going to make beef stew this week (not the weather for it, I know, but it's such a good meal): what should I put in it other than carrots, onions, and beef? Boyfriend doesn't like celery, says it tastes bitter to him.

Sleep: More mid-night waking. I am still feeling okay (but sleepy) despite about a week of this. My research only says that Tryptophan is supposed to HELP with mid-night waking, not cause it, so I am confused. I don't know when Boyfriend went to bed or how he slept, he was too groggy this morning to talk to. I gave him Tryptophan last night and I think we'll stick with that for about a week. With his unusual sleep schedule for the past couple of months, I'm not surprised that he said he didn't feel any effects the other night. He is definitely exhibiting signs of low serotonin and it's definitely possible that getting back on a normal schedule and getting a job will be all he needs to recover, but for now, I don't think this will hurt.

Exercise: Nada. Hamstrings and calves are still pretty sore. Maybe tomorrow.

Mood/brain: Good. I kind of what to sing Tryptophan praises on the rooftops right now. I haven't really been thinking about my anxiety lately, so I'm curious to see if that has reduced as well. Re-evaluate at the end of the week.

'Taters in the stew. I've done sweet potatoes, but since you eat white ones, they're the way to go. You could also do parsnips or turnips or rutebaga for starchy goodness.

Yay on the anxiety! Boo on the waking up in the middle of the night.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    what should I put in it other than carrots, onions, and beef?
    I like big stewed cut tomatoes in mine.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I put meat, carrots, pototes and (used to) mixed veggies. I would probably put green beans in it still.

I want to make a chicken stew, but I can't think of stew without also thinking of biscuits...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Of course on taters! I have some red ones...erm...do I need to peel them? I imagine the skin falling off and being icky in the stew, so I think yes. I'm interested in the incorporation of other tubers, but they can't be sweet because Boyfriend won't eat it.

I shall review my cookbooks for more inspiration. I'll probably make the stew on Thursday, but pick up what I need tonight (must also get broth in a box, unfortunately, as I'm out of homemade broth).

This weekend is going to rock for a few reasons (I need an updated "looking forward to" list): Saturday, I go to the chiropractor, then have early birthday/Father's Day dinner at my parents house (swordfish kebabs!!!). Sunday, I will probably hang with my dad and finish up that side table project. And then Monday gets special status since it's my birthday and now that I'm not super depressed, I'm looking forward to getting extra pampering from Boyfriend. Okay and then next week is 2.5 yrs with Boyfriend and whatever mystery date he's been planning.

Boyfriend job status: So we got an awesome unexpected check in the mail. Well, Boyfriend did. A while back, his car payment company said they'd mischarged him for something and he could either get a check for the balance or have it go towards his loan balance. He said he wanted it to to towards the balance, but he just received the check today. Perfect timing! So he's going to hold onto it for rent and that takes the pressure off finding work immediately. Interview as a line cook was today and he said the chef was nice and that the job is a good spot for intro to cooking industry, esp. if he's interested in culinary school (which he is). The chef said something about looking into available shifts a few nights a week, so it's part-time, but it's something, and it's promising. We are both very happy and relieved and looking forward to hearing more next week hopefully on both jobs. Boyfriend is feeling optimistic and if offered, wants both jobs so he can get experience in security and food industry, but we'll have to see

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    You could also do parsnips or turnips or rutebaga for starchy goodness.
    This, for sure.

I like turnips and parsnips as a side dish, but more often in cooler weather. Very simply done, cut 'em up, boil till tender, butter, S&P, yum. Too often overlooked in cooking.

Hey- that looks like a good couple of weeks! Happy Birthday/Anniversary!

Mom never peeled her 'taters, but I'm still waffling on the skin thing. I LIKE potato skins (Mmm, baked potato pockets stuffed with butter and cottage cheese or sour cream) but they contain the lecthins that are in the potatoes. So- yeah- guess that's your call. I forgot about the greenbeans. I knew there was one other thing