Page 128 of 776 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228628 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 7759

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 128

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I want to go to the Galapagos Islands someday.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I want to go to the Galapagos Islands someday.
    That would be a sweet trip. We, or course, want to see all the pictures

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Doesn't look like you'll get to do a Windjammer Barefoot Cruise: Windjammer Barefoot Cruises

Here's something to take Windjammer's place: Sailing Vacations and Tall Ship Cruises - Sailing Ship Adventures
    That's sad It was a while ago that I'd heard about them, though.

Yep- I'd totally rather do the tall-ship thing than cruise ship thing. Even if most of them do smell kinda funny. (Or maybe that's just the museum ones not the cruise ones.)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Walked about 2 miles today, getting me some natural Vitamin D instead of supplemented. Managed to not spend any $ on clothes, nothing good anyway, and ended up putting together a really nice outfit for the wedding from things I already owned.

Boyfriend has an interview for a line cook job at a local chain restaurant. He's interested in getting into the food biz, so this seems like a good way to start! Two interviews this week, somebody has shared some luck with us
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

My legs are a bit sore and tired today. I need to walk more! The wedding was nice and I had a nice time catching up with my godfather.

My natural shampoo bars don't work because even they soapify in this stupid hard water. I'm going to try a citrus rinse to cut the waxy feeling today.

I am tired of eggs for breakfast. What to eat?

I had a good weekend! Half a lemon squeezed into two cups of water makes a great rinse for my hair, apparently. It cut the waxiness from trying to wash my hair and left it feeling soft and looking shiny. The hard water at my apartment may make it so that I can only do citrus rinses and conventional shampoo. Even castille soap leaves my head feeling waxy. At least now I have something that works so I can keep tweaking from there.

Sunday, I gave Boyfriend a haircut and spent some time at my parents' house to work on a project with my dad. I ended up also saving a child from the pool, which I will probably blog about today. I told Boyfriend what had happened when I got home and he immediately asked, "Are you going to blog about it?" I laughed, but it is a good experience to reflect on and share with others, so yes, I will! I really enjoyed just chatting with my parents and relaxing outside too. It was nice to have them all to myself for once. Even the dog went missing for a while (apparently she likes to escape from the yard and go hang out on the porch of our old house around the corner, which we haven't lived in for 17 years I think, and she never lived there).

Exercise: Oooowwwww. My poor hamstrings. I guess walking with a mid-foot strike for 2 miles on Saturday was a bit too much for my legs. I've been practicing my barefoot-style walk in all of my flattest and most minimal shoes for months now, I do it without thinking now as soon as I have the right kind of shoe on. I'm getting better at it, but frankly, I don't think I do enough walking for it to really make a difference. Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I am taking a break from anything that's not strictly abs or upper body (so no squats) until they recover.

Mood/brain: Feeling pretty good! I am still made emotional very easily, but I prefer that over just being depressed, by far, or SUPpressed, on SSRI's. I feel like the recent improvement in mood must be thanks to Tryptophan. I will give it at least 2 months before I try a week off to see how I feel. I wonder why 5-HTP stopped being so effective for me. 1000 mg of Tryptophan is roughly equivalent to 100 mg of 5-HTP, I think, so I'm not even taking as much. I guess it has something to do with how my brain converts 5-HTP. I feel like it makes more sense to take Tryptophan since it is a naturally occurring amino acid in food, whereas 5-HTP is something only your brain makes.

Sleep: STUPID FUCKING CAT. I need to get her to stop clawing at the doors when we're trying to sleep with the AC on. I've heard orange peels are a good deterrant so I guess I'll be eating some more oranges this week and we'll try rubbing the peels on the edges of the bedroom doors. I want to teach her that door closed = no entry no matter what. Last night I opened the door when she would scratch and shooed her away each time. I don't know if it's better to just ignore her, and maybe eventually she will stop, but she has been doing this continuously for the past month. If we just ignore her continuously, will she ever stop/learn?! So anyway, I am tired today, and unfortunately so is Boyfriend, but he's awake enough that I don't think he'll sleep through his interview. I gave him 5-HTP last night and it seemed to help him fall asleep despite feeling nervous about the interview. I wonder if it would be better to have him try Tryptophan. I'm nervous experimenting with him like this, with his permission, but without him doing his own research and having input on what he wants to try. He's just not interested in reading up on it.

Food: I had a few guilt-free, fresh and homemade sugar cookies last night. IDGAF, they were delicious (hot out of the oven mmmmmmmmmmm). I've been eating well lately, but need to find new breakfast material that won't break the bank or take too long to prepare. I need a break from eggs! I mentioned to Boyfriend that we should really try cooking in larger amounts sometimes so we can have leftovers for future meals. He said he'd be willing to do it, so that may make it a bit easier when we transition to both of us working full-time. I want to get back to looking through my cookbooks and planning to use the crock pot. I need to make a new batch of bone broth, I used the last for some AMAZING rice (seriously, it was perfect) over the weekend, so I will probably pick up a small chicken at Whole Foods this week. My town's farmers market starts on Wednesday and runs late enough in the day that I should be able to swing by after work. I wonder if there will be any animal products left by the time I get there, but I'd love to pick up some fresh eggs, meat, or honey!

Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: On adrenaline, drowning, and pride.
    As opposed to my usual posts, I spent about an hour writing this one. Usually I spend 10-20 (dedicated) minutes at most.

Oh yes, forgot to mention, my grandmother is in the hospital. They don't know what's wrong right now, but are running tests. My dad is worried that it could be congestive heart failure (she's on statins, has had at least one heart attack, a couple of stents put in, and has a pace maker). She was feeling better on Sunday than she did on admission on Saturday, but that's probably because she was dehydrated and her electrolytes were depleted. I really don't think she should be living on her own anymore, she does not hydrate herself. My dad is worried.

canio6 Guest
    I hope they can get your grandmother sorted out

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I hope they can get your grandmother sorted out
    +100
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.