Page 127 of 797 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 7964

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 127

If I could grow *hair I'd dye that shit pink or any other damned color.

What's the L-glutamine supp for, again?

*On my head, and not just in a C-shape from one ear to the other.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Hey, what separates the 2 countries? Is there any kind of customs booth at all?
    Nothing at all between Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxemburg (on highways you can still see the booths, but they are empty).
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    Nothing at all between Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxemburg (on highways you can still see the booths, but they are empty).
    That is such an odd thought (and must be rather relaxing) in comparison to what we're used to. There are border checkpoints on every road and they're heavily used - especially along the Mexico border. I really wish Mexico would just get their shit together, but it's highly unlikely.

The funny thing about Canada is that even though I have never been there, I don't feel it's a different country - just a different region. Much like a different state.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Jenn- I always thought Canada was just Little White America and Mexico was Little Brown America. (referring, of course, to the white of the snow and the brown of the desert) Did I miss out on something? o.O

Wonder- I hear you on the hair. When I went all blue, it was a non-verbal "That's right, fuck you" to my employer, thereby removing the need to say it verbally. The blond streak I have right now is almost a hand-hold on sanity. I CAN dye it funny colors, or make it bigger, or whatever I want, because I can.

Just a thought- but my understanding is that men do better communicating when they're doing things and not sitting down eye-to-eye (can you confirm that, guys?) so maybe the handyman stuff you want to do with your dad will be a good time to bring this up. You can both be looking at the project, so maybe it'll be easier to say what needs to be said? I'm really glad that he's communicating with you, though. A girl's relationship with her father is very important.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    What's the L-glutamine supp for, again?
    I've read some articles on it helping to heal damaged gut-lining (hoping it will help with any damage the candida overgrowth did/has done). I guess it's also used in muscle recovery, so I figure it might just help with my sporadic work-outs too =P
    Glutamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (for "intensive athletic training or certain gastrointestinal disorders") No benefit that I've noticed, but I don't think it could hurt so I'll keep taking it for a while (the container was cheap & has a lot of servings), probably even after I run out of Candex.

Therapy was good today. My therapist said I did a good job with emailing my dad. I feel like the idea of communication while doing a hands-on activity makes a lot of sense for your typical man. I'll play that part by ear, but I really would like to sand down that side table! I'll post pictures if we get to it.

And as a side note, I've never been to Canada or Mexico! Just Italy (with a brief stopover in Hamburg), for out of the country experience. I love travelling so I expect I'll get to more places sooner or later.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I've been to a few Central American countries and the Bahamas but that was all on cruises, so the only thing I really got to see was the tourist port.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Cruise = next big travelling goal. I figure it's a nice way to see SOMETHING with some structure (meals provided, no worrying about where to make reservations to sleep). Boyfriend and I are hoping that might be an attainable honeymoon kind of thing (so it's a ways off, since $$ needs to go elsewhere for a while!).

But I want to see/experience clear blue water someday. I've been to Florida, but didn't go to the beaches (and I don't think I'd really want to, too industrially touristy instead of nature-based touristy, if that makes sense).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Since we're dreaming big here- check out these folks: Reefs to Rockies

If nothing else, it's a cool idea. Also, barefoot cruises I think it's called? That would be more my style. You get to be as hands on as you want instead of just pampered. (yet again, proof that I make a lousy girl- mani-pedi and massage? Nah- I want to help with reefing the sails!)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

That looks awesome! Yeah I want to explore and wander, none of that primping business. Maybe one massage though, since I've never had one. There was apparently some kind of cruise-line that called itself Barefoot, but it went under several years back (supposedly they were quite open about dress code).

Boyfriend went to France in high school (to participate in a soccer tournament) and Costa Rica last summer for a bachelor's party! They got to jump off a cliff and go zip-lining and 4-wheeling. Lots of prostitutes though. I don't think I'd want to go to an area that's THAT touristy.

Dear brain, please remember to shut the car window if it starts raining/looks like it's going to rain before I leave work (a bee made its way inside while I was driving back from therapy). Love, me.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Since we're dreaming big here- check out these folks: Reefs to Rockies

If nothing else, it's a cool idea. Also, barefoot cruises I think it's called? That would be more my style. You get to be as hands on as you want instead of just pampered. (yet again, proof that I make a lousy girl- mani-pedi and massage? Nah- I want to help with reefing the sails!)
    Doesn't look like you'll get to do a Windjammer Barefoot Cruise: Windjammer Barefoot Cruises

Here's something to take Windjammer's place: Sailing Vacations and Tall Ship Cruises - Sailing Ship Adventures
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)