Page 125 of 678 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225625 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 6780

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 125

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was just pickin about your hair... rock whatever color you want of course!
    My teal is fading to a lovely light aquamarine, but it's about time to hit it with the goop again.

Ahhhhh... Paris.
    I want to go so BAD.
    When I turned 35 I made a joke and told everyone that I was going to turn 40 in Paris.
    And I have stuck with that until now... it was one of those 'come hell or high water' professions that brought on the hell and the high water!
    I turn 39 later this year, so I still have a year to try and work it out.
    But with my brain issues flying would make the trip worthless. I could do it, but it would take several days after getting there to recover enough to enjoy it. Plus, I have no interest in learning french at all. I keep wondering if I learn some German, which I love, if they'd be happy with that. Somehow I doubt it.

Also... I shouldn't want to learn German, I should be doing something constructive like learning Spanish (which I had 3 years of in HS including a year of Advanced) because I want to run away to live on the coast of Panama and eat fried plantains and grilled fresh fish and mangoes for the rest of my life. I remember shockingly little of what I learned in those three years... that's what happens when you don't use it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I think I took French partially because my sister was taking it, and all the rest of the reason was because everyone else wanted to take Spanish "because it's so practical" and Latin "because it's a good base for other languages." And I like(d) being contrary.

I went to Italy in 2006 with a group of other high school seniors. We had day trips to Milan (where our flight came in), Assisi, Venice, a couple days in Florence, and a short day in Rome. We also went to Pompeii! I would love to go back to Venice, Florence, Pompeii, and Rome. I guess I want to take more pictures and see the sculptures and monuments and ruins again, but I don't know how I'd manage travelling somewhere without knowing the language or having planned tour guides. Seems like it'd be easier to sign up through a tour company. This is me (on the right) and a friend on the ferry to Venice:

And two pictures I took that I wish I had in better quality:
    S. Pietro by ~cloudysoul on deviantART
    LETOH by ~cloudysoul on deviantART

Boyfriend said if we won the lottery he'd want to move to Southern France. My French teacher in high school was from there and we got to see some of the photos of her "other home" (she went home in the summer). It looks like a beautiful area. I'd really just like to see as much as I can of the "highlights" of Europe. Funny that when it comes to the English speaking countries, I don't think there's much I'd want to see. The old stuff is just going to look like the most run down areas of Boston to me =P
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yeah, well the Spanish they teach in school may help some, but every country has a different dialect of it. I worked for a guy who would hire some Mexicans and the occasional Guatemalan, they couldn't hardly understand each other. Plus, they hated each other, what did Guatemala do to Mexico? I dunno, but it was bad, whatever it was. I firmly believe the French language is the only reason the rest of the world has tolerated them so far...he sums it up well:
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Haha that movie made me so uncomfortable when I first saw it (young and naive)! A funny moment though.

My dad likes to pick up useful bits of languages. I don't think he practices French much, but his vocabulary is good and he listens to French radio and podcasts periodically (as well as reads classic French literature). I am kind of jealous of his language skills.

Meh... I dislike listening to French in general. It's just a bit effeminate... IMO.
    Too flowery and too silky...
    I like something a bit more rough and direct.

Also, German weather is fabulous.

As to learning Spanish for South America... it does work, unless you his a Portuguese based country. You just have to be flexible. You could compare it to some rich kid send to boarding school only every learning proper old school English, who then needs to communicate in Boston with a bunch of slang locals.
    I worked with a group of uneducated rural Mexicans (here in Am on visa) not long after high school and it took a bit but we managed to figure it out after a few weeks and we got on fine. I actually spoke conversational Spanish (in their regional dialect) pretty darn well after a few weeks and was assigned as their main interpreter by the foreman.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-07-2012 at 08:58 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Bwahaha that video is excellent. More bewbs on the tewb please.

I got used to the sound of French (my dad's fault I suppose). Boyfriend intensely dislikes it and French people in general.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Bwahaha that video is excellent. More bewbs on the tewb please.

I got used to the sound of French (my dad's fault I suppose). Boyfriend intensely dislikes it and French people in general.
    I don't dislike French... well, none I've met here in America. I just dislike listening to their lispy, swishy sloshy speech.
    I've actually met more Brits here in Am that I actively disliked.
    I've liked the Scots and Irish I've met though.
    Weird, I think that many Brits are a bit too much like 'average' Americans, who I don't much like either. (I've probably insulted someone by saying that.)
    But I love the Germans and Dutch... probably because half of my family is VERY German. 100% on my Mother's side. My great grandmothers still made very traditional german foods, blended with poor southern foods...
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

That weather forecast is awesome. Them German's got their wemmens trained real good.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

I am not really hungry, but I am bored. I haven't been drinking water today. I'm partially afraid that once I start, I'll get hungry. I'm going to head outside for a stroll in a minute.

I keep thinking it's Friday! Throwing off my groove, man.

I successfully avoided eating cookies last night, but only by stuffing myself with sweet potato with butter & RLH mashed together. Seems like kind of a cheat, but no new pimples or anything today from the honey so I think that's fairly safe for me in higher doses. I did have a bite of a fresh cookie and it was tasty, but not as fulfilling as they were when I had some of the first batch. Worrying about eating sugar and wheat will do that.

I want to try making these: Melt-In-Your-Mouth {GF} Peanut Butter Cookies! | One Good Thing by Jillee I'd probably use peanut butter (something from Trader Joe's) over any other nut butter (ooo but I wonder how hazelnut would be?). Maybe a nice treat to try out when I can swing the extra cash for coconut oil (to put on the pans) and I'm sure that the extra sugar won't set off a yeast infection or anything (in a couple of months ).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I love that picture of you and your friend. It's amazing how different someone can look by simply changing the hair color. And you look genuinely happy. Love the smile!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)