Page 125 of 808 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225625 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 8076

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 125

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Bwahaha that video is excellent. More bewbs on the tewb please.

I got used to the sound of French (my dad's fault I suppose). Boyfriend intensely dislikes it and French people in general.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Bwahaha that video is excellent. More bewbs on the tewb please.

I got used to the sound of French (my dad's fault I suppose). Boyfriend intensely dislikes it and French people in general.
    I don't dislike French... well, none I've met here in America. I just dislike listening to their lispy, swishy sloshy speech.
    I've actually met more Brits here in Am that I actively disliked.
    I've liked the Scots and Irish I've met though.
    Weird, I think that many Brits are a bit too much like 'average' Americans, who I don't much like either. (I've probably insulted someone by saying that.)
    But I love the Germans and Dutch... probably because half of my family is VERY German. 100% on my Mother's side. My great grandmothers still made very traditional german foods, blended with poor southern foods...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

That weather forecast is awesome. Them German's got their wemmens trained real good.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

I am not really hungry, but I am bored. I haven't been drinking water today. I'm partially afraid that once I start, I'll get hungry. I'm going to head outside for a stroll in a minute.

I keep thinking it's Friday! Throwing off my groove, man.

I successfully avoided eating cookies last night, but only by stuffing myself with sweet potato with butter & RLH mashed together. Seems like kind of a cheat, but no new pimples or anything today from the honey so I think that's fairly safe for me in higher doses. I did have a bite of a fresh cookie and it was tasty, but not as fulfilling as they were when I had some of the first batch. Worrying about eating sugar and wheat will do that.

I want to try making these: Melt-In-Your-Mouth {GF} Peanut Butter Cookies! | One Good Thing by Jillee I'd probably use peanut butter (something from Trader Joe's) over any other nut butter (ooo but I wonder how hazelnut would be?). Maybe a nice treat to try out when I can swing the extra cash for coconut oil (to put on the pans) and I'm sure that the extra sugar won't set off a yeast infection or anything (in a couple of months ).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I love that picture of you and your friend. It's amazing how different someone can look by simply changing the hair color. And you look genuinely happy. Love the smile!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Haha I saw that one the other day, meant to pass it on to Boyfriend with a note about "if we ever end up in a studio apartment".
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 01-16-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I speak Dutch (or Flemish if you want ), it's my mother tongue. I also speak fluently Italian (I have Italian nationality, although born and raised in Belgium and lived 6 years of my adult life in Italy, married to an Italian asshole...all the other Italians I know - including my large family - are nice people though ). I speak French, this is the 2nd language in Belgium and is taught in every school as of 5th grade. I can speak a little (and understand most) German, it's Belgium's 3rd language. I speak a little (and understand enough) Spanish. And I speak English too . So yes, I'm always surprised when people only speak one language. I didn't understand why my Italian cousins never learned another language at school (but that has changed now). Travelling to Italy, Spain and France I have noticed that people appreciate it when you at least try to speak their language and are then happy to help you in another language; but if you don't even try they can be real snobs about it and just ignore you .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    I speak Dutch (or Flemish if you want ), it's my mother tongue. I also speak fluently Italian (I have Italian nationality, although born and raised in Belgium and lived 6 years of my adult life in Italy, married to an Italian asshole...all the other Italians I know - including my large family - are nice people though ). I speak French, this is the 2nd language in Belgium and is taught in every school as of 5th grade. I can speak a little (and understand most) German, it's Belgium's 3rd language. I speak a little (and understand enough) Spanish. And I speak English too . So yes, I'm always surprised when people only speak one language. I didn't understand why my Italian cousins never learned another language at school (but that has changed now). Travelling to Italy, Spain and France I have noticed that people appreciate it when you at least try to speak their language and are then happy to help you in another language; but if you don't even try they can be real snobs about it and just ignore you .
    That's pretty darn impressive. But what I was getting at is that Europeans know more than one language because of the proximity of the languages. The U.S., being a geographically large country, with just one recognized language is much different than Belgium with 3 languages. In Belgium, you could probably drive to 3 different countries with 3 different languages in one day, right? Not taking anything from you, just saying it's different over here.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just wanted to say, not all Europeans speak more than 1 language , Belgium is kind of an exception indeed (like Switzerland too) having more than one national language. And yes, it is a small country: I live very near to the Netherlands (actually going there this afternoon to pick something up, it's like a 20 minutes drive for me), both France and Germany is about a 3 hours drive, Great Britain just a few hours by train (High Speed Train, going under the Canal). But like I said: I know more Italians who don't speak any other language than those who do so it's not that Americans are all that different .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)