Page 123 of 808 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 8072

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 123

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    You know that worchestershire sauce has soy and wheat in it right? At least mine does... Probably going to give it to my mom or MIL. They use a lot of worchestershire sauce.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Mine has soy, but it's such a minimal amount, it doesn't seem to bother me. I'm adding at most two tablespoons, I would say. Boyfriend doesn't like coconut aminos and I couldn't get the container open anyway. Wish there was anything else out there that would make a good burger juice

No fun photos this time. Maybe if I can find a pre-recital photo from my ballet days, I'll throw that in later.
    Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: A history of fitness
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Sounds like a good recipe, NW. Sometimes I'll hide a little butter inside for extra yum. I usually go simple: S&P, maybe minced onions. Your burger size and dimpling technique are spot-on.

I also like my burgers medium, give or take. If your grill or pan is cranked, and the burgers are at room temp, you can get rare by just doing a very quick sear and flipping once. Depends on thickness, but if I want to go rare, it's maybe 90s. - 2m. per side, but again, variations to heat/thickness mean you'll need to experiment. Take them off and let them sit under foil for a couple of minutes before serving, should be no issue with cool centers.

Also don't worry about wheat/soy in my Worcestershire, given the scant amounts I use (usually Caesar dressing).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I let the burger juice be juice enough. We usually make our burgers out of a 1/2 and 1/2 mix of both deer and pork. Pork adds a nice amount of juice.

I don't use spices, typically. Just don't think about it. I just toss them on the grill and be done with it. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I think I got used to Worcestershire sauce in college when I used to make turkey burgers (because the meat was cheap and a friend loved them). They *needed* the juice or they'd be too dry. I kind of miss turkey burgers now that I think of them, but I think I'd add butter to them too since it's a fairly lean meat (isn't it?). Also I haven't tried pork burgers yet, but my one and only real-life paleo friend (Paleo on a Budget) likes to use ground pork for meatballs.

I still have never had venison! I would love to try more kinds of meat. I am sure I could get it somewhere in Maine. Whenever I get up to my grandma's next, I plan on bringing cash so I can pick up some local farm goods (last summer I got some amazing eggs and the most moist chicken breast I have ever encountered). Definitely want some eggs and farmer's butter if I can find it.

Venison is good, but can also be lean and dry.

I like mixing pork and beef for Italian meatballs, and an Italian-styled burger would work well with that mix. Pure pork would work nicely with Asian or Cuban cooking.

Bi-annual womanly exam scheduled for 5/16, after my chiropractor appointment. I'm pretty sure I've been since 2009, but they couldn't find any appointments for it since then. Oops! Annual physical for early morning on the 25th. They had an opening on the 18th, but I didn't think that was a great way to start off my birthday. I'm going to make sure they check Vitamin D, Ferritin, and see if they'll do a full cholesterol panel. But either way, I'll disregard anything they say about cholesterol so it doesn't really matter.

Oh right and I am slowly getting back to being okay with my budget limitation in regards to clothes. I feel very self-conscious wearing most of my clothes, since most are too large for me (the ones I wear at work, anyway, since they were purchased when I was 10-15 lbs fatter). I finally took in my favorite pair of jeans over the weekend so they are straight-leg (none of that "skinny" jean style, looks silly to me) so I think that helps even out the looseness in the thighs. I could take in the thighs, but the waist and crotch area are still going to be too loose so it made more sense to me to just leave it. I feel better about my appearance when my clothes fit properly and this is the best I can for now. The only person who notices is Boyfriend's mom, who asks me every time I see her if I've lost weight, but I think that's just because of the loose clothes.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Our burger recipe is suspiciously similar to FW's. I generally buy a roast and chop it to bits, then run it through my grinder with 4-6 strips bacon(I just don't trust a supermarket's ground beast well enough for anything other than well done.) I'll knead in an egg, a head of garlic, a little onion, and S&P. Make 'em bigger than they need to be, dimple 'em with my front two knuckles in a x patter., then let Geek grill'em.
    And I agree with everyone else: at least your poppa's willing to try. Mine realizes he wasn't the best father in the world, but it's gotten better with distance. My mom... well, let's leave that kettle of fish alone. I'm taking my niece to the pool here in a bit and don't want to be a sobbing mess before I go. Suffice it to say, she had her own issues and we were in the way more often than not..
    I need to go in for a female exam. Maybe when I get reemployed.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    /poke
    Hey girl... you lied!

According to Gay Panda's FABULOUS Primal Calendar 2012: Twelve Months of Sexy
    YOU are supposed to have b-l-u-e hair in June.
    Just sayn.

Hope you have a great day.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-07-2012 at 12:50 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.