Page 116 of 797 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 7970

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 116

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Welp I'm gonna sing the national anthem while drunk, not the original version (and not all the stanzas, just the most commonly known part). We did a test run at the last party we had (when I found out about the song) and it was AWESOME. Our party was called "Summer 101" and one of the course goals (in the description for the party on Facebook) was "an improved appreciation for Jolly Rancher vodka" (which we had made for the party, and let me tell you the green apple is deceptively delicious). Yeah, we're cool like that. We decided it must be sung in a bar in order to pass the course. =P

I still think the Overture of 1812 should be our national anthem. How fun would it be to have a bunch of people singing along to the (wordless) song and making cannon noises?

Therapy: My head still hurts from crying. It was a rough session. I guess the tears are not finished with me yet this week. I still feel as though I could cry. I find myself wondering once again if 5-HTP would help, but it's June now so I ordered Tryptophan because I was pretty convinced last month that 5-HTP wasn't doing anything anymore. I already have a B-complex that I can take in the AM (taking Tryptophan an hour or two before bedtime). It should arrive on Monday (another Amazon Prime trial, w00t).

I don't know what to say to my dad. I'm more hurt about how it seemed he valued his friend's insult over me (and I realize that he may not see it like that at all) than anything else. I am also just very lonely and it might just be that I really need to tell him what's going on with me so I can get some additional support. This all happened right after Boyfriend "came out" as severely depressed so I think that has a big influence on my entire response. My therapist seemed quite proud of me and said I did a good job with the email I sent to my dad heh.

After therapy, I was really upset so I drove home to get a hug from Boyfriend and maybe cry on him a bit. He was still asleep, but woke up easily, and I told him a little about the session and cried on him. He did not get paid as much as he thought he would (about as much as I thought he would though), so he will still have to get a job before July. I am going to try really hard not to worry about money right now and just focus on my own attempts at budgeting. Things will work out. I am not sure why I suddenly feel better about that.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Catharsis. Crying helps you move forward. You're working on yourself and taking control of what you can. It helps.

*hug*
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I still think the Overture of 1812 should be our national anthem. How fun would it be to have a bunch of people singing along to the (wordless) song and making cannon noises?
    While it might be fun, it was actually based on the French and Russian war going on at the time and has nothing to do with America. Also much of it was based on actual songs with words, such as Russian Easter hymns and La Marseillaise so technically I guess it could be sung with words. Then again, as is the song is freaking badass. I love that piece of music.

Edit: I should make clear that I am not trying to bag on your idea. I think it would make a far better national anthem than the abomination we have now.
    Last edited by canio6; 06-01-2012 at 12:54 PM.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Catharsis. Crying helps you move forward. You're working on yourself and taking control of what you can. It helps.

*hug*
    ^indeed. Tons o' hugs nameless

*buries self in hugs*

I am totes re-bleaching & dyeing my hair this weekend. It will be good therapy And if I get really sad, I might go take my pathetic ass to the movies and see Snow White and the Huntsman. I'm sure it will be awful, but Thor is in it and sometimes I just need something awful but pretty (I just feel like the overall visual tone will be appealing) to cheer me up. But so help me, if Thor kisses Twilight-chick, I will slay something.

Ooh- Thor?! Between him and Charlize Theron I might be able to gloss over the Twilight chick (who will probably never outgrow that epithet).
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Ooh- Thor?! Between him and Charlize Theron I might be able to gloss over the Twilight chick (who will probably never outgrow that epithet).
    Vapid little mouth-breather!
    I seriously think she only has one facial expression *gaping*... that she tweeks slightly by biting her lip or furrowing her brow... but still, vapid mouth breathing.

How does that = acting?
    She could be a pod people!
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-01-2012 at 01:45 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

hahaha mouth breathing. I wonder if Primal would help clear her congestion >< I don't really understand why she is revered even by mindless little tweens. Maybe just 'case they are tweens. I don't get it at all.

Because she was *swoon* Bella! And she was dating that dream (whatever the hell his name is) that played *swoon* Edward.

Never mind that she managed to flatten any depth Bella actually had in the books. But what do I know- I'm not a tween

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Honey, from all I've heard, PUDDLES have more depth than Bella in the books. My mother reads all kinda of bodice rippers and couldn't get through Twilight.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome