Page 108 of 678 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 6779

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 108

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    If Boyfriend and I get married (my prerequisite) and produce offspring, they will at least be blond as children, or probably will, because he is technically blond and I was platinum blond up until around 5 or 6 yrs old. But genes are weird, I could pass on my parents' brown hair for all I know.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    If Boyfriend and I get married (my prerequisite) and produce offspring, they will at least be blond as children, or probably will, because he is technically blond and I was platinum blond up until around 5 or 6 yrs old. But genes are weird, I could pass on my parents' brown hair for all I know.
    Yeah, I like my blondes more in the 25-45 range.

I was one of those platinum blondes up until age 7 or so and now it's brown. Perhaps I should go purple...eh, work wont allow it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

My arms, neck, and face tan or more specifically, the freckles on those areas getter bigger and provide the illusion of tanned skin. Which just makes the overall picture looked even more awkward. Kick-a-ginger day started after the southpark episode I think. Caused a big stir a couple years ago at some high schools when kids took it a bit too far. And yes, the number of redheads is decreasing, something about passive genes or something. But research shows that redheaded people require more anesthetics during surgery and what-not. Dunno if that means we're tougher or more pansified, but I have a pretty high tolerance of pain.

Boyfriend has a similar issue with pain killers. He and my mom have the freckle-tan as you describe, but my mom is a brunette and the freckles are just a genetic tendency combined with a lot of sun exposure as a kid.

I wonder if we feel we tan more easily on these areas just because they are exposed the most? If we all grew up in a climate that made not wearing shirts a comfortable option (not talking about societal climate, though that would help too), would our skin adjust and chests would also tan at the same "rate"? Speaking as a fair-skinned person, anyway.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    My kids tan so easily! My boy looks like a surfer in the summer. Dark tanned skin and sun bleached hair. It's cute. Daughter appears to have the same genes as her skin is darker than mine and her hair is getting that bleachy look. (they're 5 and 2 so I know they're not doing it themselves).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Canio- I was under the impression that female gingers are a swirling soulless vortex, being soulless squared, which is why men tend to find them both terrifying and attractive. Their souls are being sucked into the vacume while at the same time they understand that such a thoroughly soulless creature must be avoided at all costs.

I briefly dated a guy that was a Puerto Rican/Irish cross. He had a very interesting look with easily tanned skin and very red hair.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Canio- I was under the impression that female gingers are a swirling soulless vortex, being soulless squared, which is why men tend to find them both terrifying and attractive. Their souls are being sucked into the vacume while at the same time they understand that such a thoroughly soulless creature must be avoided at all costs.
    I've never heard it put so eloquently before....

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I briefly dated a guy that was a Puerto Rican/Irish cross. He had a very interesting look with easily tanned skin and very red hair.
    When you say "briefly" did you mean "I schnucked him in a diner bathroom"?

No- as in we had fun for a couple of weeks. Until I met his wife. This was not an open marriage. Oh- and this was after telling me that he'd never been married and didn't have any kids (had two with two different women). He was very confused when I told him I had no intention of calling him back in six months once the divorces was final.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

I am struggling with the idea of leaving work early because I am feeling so poorly and taking a nap before Cirque du Soleil tonight (and maybe eating some food I know I'll enjoy), or toughing it out for another 1.5-2 hrs longer so I can feel more justified taking tomorrow off, if need be. I feel so awful that my anxiety is getting pretty bad, which is in turn making me depressed, and I am contemplating all kinds of lies so I can be pitiful and looked after (even though Boyfriend will look after me if I'm feeling icky and not being pitiful).

1.5 hours off or 8. Decisions, decisions . . . But if you are sick today, wouldn't that make it easier to call out tomorrow, since it's clearly more than a one day thing?