Page 103 of 782 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 7817

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 103

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hot Topic. There's one in every mall.

Okay, that was harsh, I've shopped there.
    It used to be awesome. Now it's kinda, um, bubblegum. And the corsets are tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    I can't believe there exists a land that Wal-Mart hasn't infiltrated!!!
    Seriously!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Frederick's of Hollywood, while it does not have steel-boned corsets, has a pretty nice selection, especially considering costs. I do not think I would ever invest in a "real" corset as I have nothing that particularly needs the additional support, and I like breathing.

I wore a Frederick's corset to my senior prom. Still have it, though the plastic boning is somewhat warped and with my small bust, it never fit very well. I really wish they were more comfortable because I'd totally rock one on a regular basis! I am envisioning some really awesome outfits with well-fitted straight-leg jeans, tailored t-shirts, and a "casual" corset (I'm sure I could make one).

I just wanted to say a quick thanks to all who have commented this week on my journal. I really appreciate the words of support. This is the part of the MDA community that I enjoy (chatty journals and ASDF thread). I am in a pleasant mood today despite some anxiety relating to nothing in particular, and part of that is due to the regular amusement from you all.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I don't have a local Fredericks, and I have to try clothes on. I also have trouble paying $60 for plastic. My problem with Hot Topic is that they don't even try. They have the double-stitching like it SHOULD be boned, but nothing in it. C'mon folks, cloth ain't gonna hold me together! I'd love to have a real one, but I need to stop changing size first so it'll fit for years

*hugs* We like you around here, Wonder.

Ok, and we can't wait to see the finished tattoo
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Yeah, fo real, I want to see the tat.

Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: Washington DC–vacation for the cheapskate
    Finally posted it. I figured I'd feel less stressed about it if I just put it up as-is, after removing the blanks for where to avoid. I don't remember where that was anymore and I lost the maps that had those locations indicated.

Gorgeous! Knowing that your grandmother is the owl and your grandfather is the eagle- I really like how they really look like they are a couple.

I have fallen in love with my right upper-arm. I don't think I'm going to be able to stick to my decision to not get any more tattoos this year, but I'm sure a nice big freak-out about money will help with that.

I had 4 cookies this weekend, of the regular wheat variety (1 Friday, 1 Saturday, 2 Sunday). I'm sure they helped feed my depression last night a bit. It was rough. Boyfriend coddled me through it until bedtime, which was later than it should have been on account of dreading sleep and the work that occurs after waking up. Sundays are not usually so bad for me. It could just be PMS (period was expected Saturday and has not made an appearance yet). I am a little bloated but I am attributing that to the cookies and strange eating this weekend (huge super late meal on Friday, huge meal Saturday way too early, food involving beans & rice Saturday night, hardly any appetite Sunday).

I am very sleepy from getting to bed too late. I really want a cup of coffee with half and half but I'm so nervous about relying on caffeine to get going. It's just another reminder that my energy levels and focus are still not where I want them to be, on a day to day basis. It makes me want to go back onto Tyrosine because as much as I feel that I can handle my anxiety now, my focus is still not that great. I definitely feel a difference on Tyrosine anyway.

But on the plus side of all of this, I did have a good weekend. I walked to the nearby strip mall Sunday morning and got my mom some flowers. I walked half of the way back barefoot because my minimalist slip-on Chuck Taylors were giving me a blister. It felt good to stretch my legs, as always. I had a nice time just vegging with my mom, sister, her boyfriend, the family dog, and sister's boyfriend's dog. I was not even really bored when I started to feel depressed yesterday evening. I guess it started off with a lot of anxiety. Was it the cookies? I wish I knew, but today, I don't really care.

I have lunch today, a pork chop I cooked up yesterday and leftover potato wedges from Friday night. I think I will go eat.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Gorgeous! Knowing that your grandmother is the owl and your grandfather is the eagle- I really like how they really look like they are a couple.
    My grandmother gave me this kind of "Oh boy..." look when she first saw it, then later she came by and held my arm to look at it closer. She smiled a little and say "I see what it is", in a tone that suggests I say nothing in response. I'm glad she gets it, seeing as its her story that inspired it.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm glad your grandma accepts and appreciates the tattoo in her own way. it's a sweet story. I've never been so close to anyone that they've inspired a tattoo - unless you count my kids.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)