Page 102 of 782 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 7812

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 102

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Boyfriend's depression factors start last fall (or even earlier) with getting very sick and missing school, back injury flaring up and missing school due to pain & physical therapy, grades suffering as a result, shoulder injury that kept him out of school due to pain, then the first week or two of this past semester due to surgery. Recovery has been timely, but slower than he would like (he is used to being able to get up and go whenever he wants, as he was incredibly active up until getting out of the Army in 2009, including several hours at the gym everyday in high school). I think if it were one or a couple of these things and then everything as normal, he couldn't handled it, but it's just too much to deal with. This semester he mostly missed class out of a lack of motivation because of all of the above, but fortunately did not fail anything (got a D in a lab, but apparently that still counts towards graduation, my major required at least a C). He went to one counselling session but refuses to go to more. I am seeing signs of progress, like him applying to jobs, and it only taking him a few hours to decide to re-apply to a position when he forgot to indicate that he won't be returning to school next fall (was rejected after 20 min so that's likely the reason). He is convinced that getting a job will fix everything. It will certainly help our finances, though he might be making less than the Army is supposed to pay him during the school year so I'm not sure.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    If I remember correctly your bf is a veteran. Home Depot and Lowes are very veteran friendly in their hiring practices. They also tend to pay better than other retail outlets.
    Oh nice! I will suggest those to him. My ex worked at a Home Depot and I recall the pay was pretty decent. Thanks!

Ohhh, yeah maybe a job will help. Menfolk tend to put a lot of their self worth into their ability to take care of their missus. I agree with canio, HD and lowes are veteran friendly. As is Wal-mart, which is not that bad to work out, contrary to what people think.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Oh nice! I will suggest those to him. My ex worked at a Home Depot and I recall the pay was pretty decent. Thanks!
    NP. Also, I have no idea (nor is it my business) his disability status, but if he can date his depression issues back to his service days or link them to his Army service that should up his disability. A buddy of mine is rated 60% disabled due to depression and anxiety linked to his time in Iraq.

My second therapy appointment was this morning. I really don't like ending a session on a sad note, but I was on a roll. My throat gets very sore when I talk near-tears for a good 50 minutes or so =\ I talked a bit about my frustrations with wanting to help Boyfriend more, even though I think I'm doing about as much as I can for him. I talked about the success that was last weekend and how good it felt to have people praise my skill in photography. I talked about my worries over my brother and that he's not getting all of the guidance and tutoring he needs to just function in day to day life (food, skills like tying his shoes, interacting with strangers, personal boundaries). I feel a bit pathetic for continually going back to how inadequate a job I feel my parents did rearing me, but I don't really blame them. I don't want them to apologize for messing up. What I wanted when I was a teen was them to just acknowledge how I felt and not disregard it by trying to make up reasons for everything. Now, I'm not sure. I want to just let it go, but I guess I'm not ready to.

Today, I am cleaning a virus from a computer. It's pretty much my favorite tech thing to do, though I'm at the boring part now, during which Malwarebytes runs and removes the infection after I've disabled it and reversed the damage. I am also fasting through the day as I was not feeling up to making lunch this morning despite working from home. I had a fairly large breakfast of 3 eggs and a bowl of Greek yogurt with local honey that should hold me over just fine. Unfortunately there are another three and a half hours till the end of my day!

Tonight we are having a "cat warming party". Our mutual friend is coming over, and Boyfriend and the friend are notorious for their cooking experiments so dinner is completely up in the air. We'll need to get groceries so I will probably have a potato when I get home to tide me over. I hope the friend will pitch in, but he's also notoriously broke. Tomorrow I will go to Whole Foods early to get some cat-related gifts for my tattoo artist's cat, and a kombucha for after. I am absolutely thrilled that I will be able to see it finished by tomorrow evening! I will also need to sew a black t-shirt of some kind (probably resizing a fairly large one I have) to wear for the photograph.

Last night, I did not vacuum the apartment, but we did cuddle and watch some TV/a terrible movie (Morgan Freeman and Antonio Banderas as jewel thieves). I finished a book and stayed up a bit too late reading it, but I think having the time to mill around and eat a good breakfast this morning helped me feel a bit more energetic. Plus the infected laptop. I'm craving coffee with cream, but am nervous about having it more than a couple of times a week. No matter what, I don't want to deal with an addiction on top of the rest of myself.

Current supplement regimen
    Morning: Candex, 8,000 IU of Vitamin D, 4,500 mg L-Glutamine with water, before food.
    Evening: 4,500 mg L-Glutamine in water before dinner/any food, 50 mg of 5-HTP anytime before bed. Sometimes I take more if I am having trouble falling asleep.
    As needed: GABA Calm for extreme anxiety moments (like about to burst into tears at work).

I'm very happy to see my supplements finally changing up. I'm stopping Magnesium for now because I ran out. I'm still not sleeping solidly, but I think next week will be better once I've recovered a bit from the stress I was feeling this week. I'm still not sure if I'm at a suitable dose from 5-HTP or how to tell if I'm taking too much. I will try out St. John's Wort next month, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    NP. Also, I have no idea (nor is it my business) his disability status, but if he can date his depression issues back to his service days or link them to his Army service that should up his disability. A buddy of mine is rated 60% disabled due to depression and anxiety linked to his time in Iraq.
    He has very little patience to deal with the VA, otherwise he'd have his status reviewed at least for his back pain. $100 a month doesn't really make up for the hundreds (slight exaggeration) of chiropractic visits and physical therapy he had to go through to cut his pain from a 8/10 to a 3/10 on a daily basis. Yeah, we're both a bit bitter on that one. But it's on the to do list, for sure. I don't think he'd be willing to go through discussions to get the depression as part of the disability package, but at least for his back, he will eventually have it reviewed.

justyouraveragecaveman, you have a nickname and I can't recall it. There's no Walmart close to us, surprisingly enough. We went looking for one once and got lost for about an hour. Google had no idea where it was, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    justyouraveragecaveman, you have a nickname and I can't recall it. There's no Walmart close to us, surprisingly enough. We went looking for one once and got lost for about an hour. Google had no idea where it was, I guess.
    Booter. I've been Booter since I was a wee lad. No Wal-mart? Where do all the disgusting weirdos shop?????? Don't you have any feelings for them?????

Hot Topic. There's one in every mall.

Okay, that was harsh, I've shopped there.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    I can't believe there exists a land that Wal-Mart hasn't infiltrated!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay it looks like there are more since the last time we went looking for one. There's now one about 20 min away. It would still be nice to go there and pick up a fluffy white comforter, but maybe that'll wait till we need it (next Winter). We suffered well enough with space heaters and numerous blankets this Winter past.