Thread: Potato in potroast question page

drwhom is offline Junior Member

Potato in potroast question

Primal Fuel
    Good morning all,

I have been primal for a few months now. My girlfriend is resistant to the lifestyle due to its, "Environmentally unsustainable impact on the planet." i.e. raising meat is ecologically unsound.
    Anyway, she's making a pot roast with potatoes. The starches and carbs will mix with the food. How much? Negligible?
    I don't follow the 80/20. I do the 100/0 rule

Peace,
    Kevin

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    I put potatoes in mine. In moderation, or after workouts, potatoes are fine. Also, it's not like potatoes get totally mixed in with your pot roast. You can easily pick through them and not eat them if you want.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Do you have weight to lose? If you're doing this for health, there is no reason to avoid potatoes. They're pretty much pure starch and relatively toxin-free if you remove the skin and cut out any of the dark spots. If you're content with your body, eat the potatoes. If you're trying to lose, eat around them.

I can't wait for my carb refeed this weekend. I'm feeling turkey burgers and oven fries! Potatoes = good when used properly.

As for your girlfriend, please get her a copy of "The Vegetarian Myth". She'll change her tune real quick.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I agree with the above posts wholeheartedly. If you're eating low carb, the amount that gets into the juice is pretty negligible I would think. I actually was wondering about this same question over a year ago, but I've lightened up my phobias and restrictions on what I will and won't eat considerably since then.

Thank you both. I do have weight I want to lose - I'm at 14% and dropping. I feel my particular situation was more of disapproval of my lifestyle more than anything.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drwhom View Post
    Thank you both. I do have weight I want to lose - I'm at 14% and dropping. I feel my particular situation was more of disapproval of my lifestyle more than anything.
    If you're at 14% and falling, you may actually want to check out the link in my signature. Potatoes may be your key to really cutting - lots of them. I eat 800g of starch a weekend and I'm 5'7" 135 lbs.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

PrimalCon New York
    Thank you Choco,

I had noticed after being in ketosis, in years past, and then eating something high in carbs, the next day my ketonen levels shot through the roof.