Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inflammation - How Do You Know? page

john_solo is offline Senior Member

Inflammation - How Do You Know?

Shop Now
    So if all the bodily evils of the world stem from chronic inflammation, how do you know if you have chronic inflammation or any inflammation issues?

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Do you get you c-reactive protein (CRP) checked?

Nomad1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    Do you get you c-reactive protein (CRP) checked?
    Yes, most people when just starting to think about inflammation and if they have it immediately start thinking to themselves, I should get my c-reactive checked lol

DFH
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad1 View Post
    Yes, most people when just starting to think about inflammation and if they have it immediately start thinking to themselves, I should get my c-reactive checked lol
    Its no big mystery!

Could something as simple as a quick and easy blood test save your life?

Absolutely.

It is called a C-reactive protein test, and it measures the degree of HIDDEN inflammation in your body.
    Mark Hyman, MD: Is Your Body Burning Up With Hidden Inflammation?

(Some of the diet part is BS)

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    from my understanding ANA will also point to inflammation...

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    I agree crp is the one of the best methods for checking inflammation.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

Nomad1 is offline Senior Member
    If just (gasp) a common person reading this blog was asking a question like this, they would have no idea what c-reactive proteins, ANA etc., so what would be the usefulness of scientific terms without any explanation? When people throw out terms like that I wonder if they are really doing it to help another or just doing it to make themselves look like they really know a lot.

DFH
    yeah, I could write a book every time someone asks a question...

If you scroll back up the page, notice that I asked were they getting it checked before going into it. Maybe they already knew. How would I know that?

It only takes 5 seconds to cut and paste a term you haven't seen before in google and start reading up on it.

CRP is no big secret. I have been getting mine checked and tracking it for a few years. Mine is .4.

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    I'm mystified by CRP, since when I was most ill from gluten and had several symptoms of inflammation including asthma, inflamed eustachian tubes and joint pain, my CRP tested in the normal range!

I think basically if you're eating sugar, refined carbs, veg oils and so on, you either have or will soon have, a problem with inflammation!
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

lolov is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsewoman View Post
    I'm mystified by CRP, since when I was most ill from gluten and had several symptoms of inflammation including asthma, inflamed eustachian tubes and joint pain, my CRP tested in the normal range!

I think basically if you're eating sugar, refined carbs, veg oils and so on, you either have or will soon have, a problem with inflammation!
    I would imagine, that considering 99% of Americans eat the SAD, the "normal" range indicates a pretty high level of inflammation... I haven't even looked at the range, how it's calculated, etc. but I'd want to be on the low end, all things considered. I mean, they base these numbers off of a jillion people and take the average and that's "normal" right? Or no? I'm actually very curious now!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast