Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soaps, Shampoo, Hair & Body Care page

leomeister is offline Junior Member

Soaps, Shampoo, Hair & Body Care

Shop Now
    I did a quick search for the subject words, but not much came up.

I'm doing more just-water cleansing (using wash cloth and clean water) and have noticed better skin and hair -- less drying, less itchy, more moisture, and feeling soft and healthy. Also have tried (and have done rather well) using just cold or room temperature water. It is invigorating to say the least!

It's not 100%. Every few days I soap and shampoo up, and I'm still using hair products for hair styling.

Has anyone looked into organic or natural hair and body products, or have recipes for making their own?

I found John Masters online--has anyone tried these?

Thanks!

L

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    I also do water only personal hygiene. If I need to wash off nasty stuff, I'll use soap, but other than that, just water. I noticed the exact same effects

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    I'm another NOPoo girl too!

My daughter is really sensitive to chemicals so about half of my blog is organic body care.

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    I'm starting to take baby steps in this direction. I've just ditched conditioner completely, and last night I bought natural/organic replacements for my shampoo and soap/face wash (Kiss My Face and Dr. Bronner's, respectively). I'm too cheap to throw out the dregs of my conventional stuff, but it's almost gone anyway. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    I'm too cheap to throw out the dregs of my conventional stuff, but it's almost gone anyway. We'll see what happens.
    I feel the same way. I'll slowly use what I have -- I've even diluted them for lesser impact...goes into that slow transition into it.

I still use toothpaste at least once a day before bed...other times I use just the toothbrush and floss/pick.

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leomeister View Post
    I feel the same way. I'll slowly use what I have -- I've even diluted them for lesser impact...goes into that slow transition into it.

I still use toothpaste at least once a day before bed...other times I use just the toothbrush and floss/pick.
    I'm actually finding it harder to give up the cleansing products than the foods. To be fair, I was already eating pretty primally so it wasn't that big of a transition for me. I guess this is where I'm making all that up, heh.

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member
    I've never, even before going primal, used soap on my body and I've always had healthy looking skin (until recently when I got a nasty case of chiggers!). As for shampoo, I've been taking less showers recently and my hair will only get oily after 4 or 5 days after showering. It's really quite nice.

Lukys is offline Member
    I haven't used shampoo for just over a week. Nobody seems to have noticed. I just use water and rub my scalp.
    The real test will be when I go to the barber's.

Danigrok is offline Senior Member
    I love Cheeky Maiden Soap Co.
    They have shampoo cubes, facial wash cubes, tooth soap, kids soap and wonderful lotions.
    ~Danielle~

I watched one of the videos on how to make soap online, and was surprised by the use of Lye which is highly caustic. Maybe I'll skip using soap all together!

A vigorous rub with cold water and a wash cloth has been great! Not shampoo'ing has been okay. My hair is frizzy since it is short and thick. Still looking for a good organic hair wax or pomade.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast