Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eggs & Smoothie page

aussie1girl is offline Member

Eggs & Smoothie

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi

I'm waiting on Mark's book to arrive (so excited) so in the meantime I'm trying to figure out my diet until it comes. Is the following a good breakfast:

Spinach, Chicken & Egg (2 whole) Omlette with a smoothie made up of 1/2 banana, 1/4 blueberries & 1/4 cup coconut milk ?

Thanks

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    It totally depends on your goals, but I'd say if you're just starting out and getting used to eating a Primal diet, it's a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    It totally depends on your goals, but I'd say if you're just starting out and getting used to eating a Primal diet, it's a great start.
    Ok thanks. My goal is to lose 10-15lbs of fat and reshape my body by doing CrossFit, so do you think it's still ok?

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. Sounds like a good start.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

davem is offline Senior Member
    I think a conservAtive start would be to journal all intake and shoot for around 75 daily grams of carbs. At 23 grams, that banana is right out. Replace w/ strawberries, fewer carbs for the same amount. Berries will be your friends.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Ok, thanks for all your responses.

I will nix the banana

EricS is offline Member
    At the same time if you're doing crossfit I don't think the higher carbs is going to hurt you that bad. I think concentrating on what to eat at first is probably more important than tweaking right away. There are way too many tweaks between IF and carb cycling, ketosis, etc etc. Most important thing is don't eat grains or beans and eat as whole of foods as you can afford. Try not to go overboard on fruits and nuts. Fruits, because they are high in fructose and nuts because they are very easy to over eat and most are fairly high in omega-6.

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie1girl View Post
    Ok, thanks for all your responses.

I will nix the banana
    Don't nix it if you like them. See how you actually do before taking a Banana out of the mix unnecessarily. It's only half a banana and 13-14g carbs. They are wonderful. No need to ditch them.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    To start with, don't stress about any of it. Eat whole foods when you are hungry. Eat lots of vegetables, plenty of fatty meat, and some fruit. Do that for (at least) a month or so and see how you feel and where you are with regards to your goals. At that point you can start looking to tweak things. Most people coming off a SAD will have some internal healing to go through, regardless of their starting weight. Carb refeeds and IF and those sorts of things are useful when everything else is already lined up.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Bananas are not evil, people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast