Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need an overview of my diet and having some trouble help a beginner please! page

spencer92291 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Need an overview of my diet and having some trouble help a beginner please!

Primal Fuel
    Breakfast: 3 eggs with a table spoon of coconut oil, 1 serving of broccoli with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.

Snack 1: 3 more eggs

Lunch: 1 serving of green beans with a table spoon of olive oil, half a pound of 75% lean ground beef.

Snack 2: 3 more eggs

Dinner: 3 eggs with a quarter pound of 75% lean ground beef

All together like 2100 calories, 130-140 grams of protein, and like 10 grams of carbs.

I am 5"6.5 and weigh 131. I have lost ten pounds and l do hardcore weightlifting 1.5-2 hours a day 5 days a week. I start it off with 0.5 miles of jogging for a cardio warmup.

My goals are to have the body of a male model (I want to put on 20 pounds of pure lean muscle; and yes I know it will take years), I want the six pac and all, but the trouble is I do the pee test for ketosis and if I have any more veggies than this I am not in ketosis at all. I have no clue what to do.

I do work with a trainer so I know I workout properly, but I'm drained. It is just enough already. I can't keep on like this. The diet I am cool with but I need another way to have a gorgeous body that doesn't require these excruciating workouts. I feel that I am just drained from the switch over of fat as my main source of energy, but it's been like 3 weeks now.

I am also scared to add the extra veggies in because then I can actually feel the fat on my lower abdominal, even though I'm skinny; I'd like it to be so cut up I won't be able to squeeze any flab.

Basically, please overview my diet (it is the same everyday), are there any other ways to get big just as quickly without the hours upon hours in the gym (I am noticing major gains in muscle, it's just so much effort I can hardly move from the soreness for days after), and what I should do about the greens (btw, I have an iodine problem and if I have too much I'll breakout majorly because of my thyroid; my body has gotten used to the amount I'm receiving now from all the eggs and my multivitamin). Finally, should I be eating fruit or will this lead to a longer time in me achieving my fat loss goal due to the excess amount of carbs.

Thank you all!

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    you can't possibly be serious. Go read the Primal Blueprint. *sigh*
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Maybe someone who does body building will chime in.

In my opinion, you are doing too much weightlifting. Your body only grows between workouts.

Do you do sprints? Essential.

You should be able to lose fat if you are under 100 grams of carbs, definitely if you are under 50. Ten grams is too low for your level of workouts.

I couldn't take such a restricted range of foods.

You may need to add more saturated fat and eat more of the animal than just muscle meat. I.e., eat stuff like liver.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Liver grosses me out haha I can't do that. And what I workout is basically isolation workouts. Here is my weekly workout routine http://cutandjacked.com/sites/defaul...ch_workout.pdf . I just ordered the primal blueprint hopefully that will help. And anything above 30 grams of carbs just doesn't work for me. I don't know what's wrong with my body. I've been battling it for a year now.

And I do not do sprints, I do loads of squats and the sort

ktgrok is offline Member
    That's too much lifting at once. Whenever you go past about 50 minutes you are burning muscle, not building it. You will get the same or better results from about half that level of lifting. If you want something simpler, and less likely to kill you, look at the Body for Life workout. It has gotten some people some great results, and is a lot less time in the gym.

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    just deleting my comment. This is a conversation I should probably stay out of.
    Last edited by geekgrrl; 07-12-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Drop the snacks. Fire the trainer.

I think you are going to wear yourself out like that, run up cortisol, and end up a hormone wreck.

why drop the snacks than it's too little calories to get more muscle? and I will check out the workout thank you ktgrok!

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer92291 View Post
    why drop the snacks than it's too little calories to get more muscle? and I will check out the workout thank you ktgrok!
    Ask anyone that is doing IF to lean out. The last thing you want is repeated insulin spikes. You are stressing your pancreas and preventing fat burn with all that snacking.

Mark also did an article on what over training did to his cortisol. That's why PB has sprints and no long sessions in the gym.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast