Thread: Could We Say that Carbs 'Caused' This 16 Pound Baby? page

wilberfan is offline Senior Member

Could We Say that Carbs 'Caused' This 16 Pound Baby?

Shop Now
    JaMichael Brown: Baby boy's mother has diabetes - latimes.com
    “When you have gestational diabetes, your pancreas works overtime to produce insulin, but the insulin does not lower your blood glucose levels. Although insulin does not cross the placenta, glucose and other nutrients do. So extra blood glucose goes through the placenta, giving the baby high blood glucose levels. This causes the baby's pancreas to make extra insulin to get rid of the blood glucose. Since the baby is getting more energy than it needs to grow and develop, the extra energy is stored as fat.”

dado Guest
    what? what is this garbage??

i read that paper-- about baby selection being strongest marker; listen, i study engineering-- enjoy my apocryphal synopsis --

i'm too high to remember my original intent when clicking 'reply' to this thread; am i not human, you people?

peace love; peace, love.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Someone got ripped open.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    My high school rifle coach had gestational diabetes, and her son ended up being...I want to say around 15 pounds? This woman was TINY to boot (though her husband was tall, broad-shouldered and densely built). The kid ended up being pretty huge as he grew, too; when my dad saw him at 6 months, he thought the little guy was a 9-month-old.