Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: juicing thoughts page

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member

juicing thoughts

Primal Fuel
    i used to juice alot and i found i had great energy levels and needed less sleep..i want to go back but id rather stick to 3-4 times a week..i was also thinking maybe id do it only on training days..post workout basically use either a carrot or beet as my sugar base and add in some kind of green veggie for a nice nutrient variety and then maybe some cucumber or zucchini for a nice chlorphyl and electrolyte boost...anyone do this?

kurite is offline Senior Member
    Never have tried it but please post results.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    When I was doing a green juice fast, I would use

1-2 heads of romaine lettuce
    1 head of celery
    1-2 cucumbers
    1 bunch parsley
    1 bunch cilantro

It was very green and lasted me all day.
    I've tried mixing sweet with savory, but it made me sick every time. I can't even put bell pepper in the juice. Sweet and savory juices have to stay seperate on my tongue.

Paleobird Guest
    I have a Jack La Laine juicer that is not seeing much action these days. I used to do big batches of carrot/beet/ginger juice but thats too carby for me now. I still do a green blend once in a while.

Anybody want to buy a juicer?

marthat is offline Senior Member
    I have been doing a modified juice fast for 5 days now, this is day 6. I'm using my Champion juicer to make various red and green juices, one big batch a day, then adding coconut milk in coffee, and an avocado for lunch and supper, as added healthy fats. It has been awesome - I'm down 5 lbs in 5 days (though about half of that is post weekend bloat weight that would have come off anyways, 2.5 lbs in 5 days is still pretty stinkin' awesome!) And my energy level is high, I feel great, I'm losing inches.

I did one 5.5 mile walk and a whole lot of heavy dirt moving and wheelbarrowing during the juice fast. I haven't tried running, a bit worried about bonking out, even at only 2 or 3 miles. But for the heavy work, I had lots of energy and the juice and avocado "lunch" afterwards was plenty to rejuvenate me.

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member
    yeah marthat i did a 5 day juice fast as well when i was healing my intestinal inflammation i felt great considering the problemo...hmm i suppose ill have to just give it a shot and see what happens lol

Nanzi is offline Senior Member
    When we were juicing every day, we both had our 'recipes'. I liked carrots with some celery, and granny smith apple. He liked carrot with beets, beet greens, sweet apples, celery, tomatoes, and anything else he could think of. His tasted like dirt to me, but mine was so refreshing. Each to their own!

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    I prefer smoothies, because that way the whole food stays in the drink and you get the fiber and proteins of the plant. You can also add eggs and avocados and other yummy fat filled things.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    I think it sounds fine in the context you're mentioning, just make sure to have some fat close to the time you're drinking the juice or you won't be able to absorb the fat-soluble vitamins.

Stevoreo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    @PaleoBird how much? I have been wanting to get one
    Last edited by Stevoreo; 07-13-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast