Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it bad that I virtually eat the same thing every day? page

S72 Guest

Primal Fuel

Hey guys,

So I've been primal for a few months and love the new lifestyle and its effects on my health, body composition & general well-being.

Also, I love the food I can eat on the PB. My only downside is that I am not too sophisticated of a cook and find myself usually eating the same exact things every day without fail.

For example, the below will cover 80%+ of my days:

Breakfast - 6 eggs/bacon/broccoli/almond butter

Lunch - cut of meat/broccoli

Snack - walnuts/almonds or almond butter

Dinner - cut of meat/spinach

Late night snack - fried egg/almond butter

I'm literally eating a handful of foods and that's it.

In terms of meat, I switch it up with different cuts and do Salmon at least once a week.

I can't help but think that my body needs variation.

Am I correct?

klcarbaugh Guest

No. You don't need variation. I eat basically the same things every day. It's better to stick less variety of healthy foods than to go out of bounds with too much variation that includes "treats".

The only thing I want to point out is that you eat a lot of nuts and the 06 can really add up. Try eating them every other day or a few times a week.

The main 06 in almonds is linoleic acid which is what veggie oils are made of (veggie oils contribute to the diseases of civilization).

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

If you find yourself getting bored, make food an adventure. You don't have to get all fancy or anything. Just find one fruit or veggie you've never tried before, and learn about it (and how to eat it.)

You really don't have to have a ton of variety. It just makes eating a bit more fun. Personally, I love variety. It makes eating an adventure.

PrimalRaw Guest

Whats you body telling you, S72?

Do you crave other foods?

Are you feeling low energy?

I'd say if you started to crave other foods, incorporate other taste into you daily menu so your palate is stimulated by the new sensation!! Do this every once and a while and you will no longer feel deprived!

If it's not broke, don't fix it!

misathemeb is offline Member

i admire you for being able to stand that everyday! i vary my diet every week just because the variety keeps me from overdosing on one type of food. i have staples for sure (eggs, EVOO, some type of nut i buy in the bulk section*, frozen blueberries, tinned albacore, greek yogurt-not primal i know). every week i try to get a different cut of meat or protein source altogether, 2 different veggies and a different lower carb fruit. when i feel the urge i get 1 bar of lindts 85% dark chocolate to savor through the week. example of my shopping trip new stuff this past week:

-persimmon (never had it, turned out delicious! i have been eating 1/2 of a whole one each day)

-turnips and kale, i'm loving the turnips!

-pork tenderloin

*i only scoop out a moderate amount of nuts weekly so i force myself to "ration" them day to day so i don't find myself reaching out for handfuls of nuts every day. when they are gone, they are gone!

don't be afraid to try new things! i'm a big advocate of seasonal purchases as well as buying a ton of fresh produce (also keeps me buying new "stock" each week, it goes bad obviously if i don't eat it!)

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

I would mix up the meat fruit and veggies.

For example, I have a bad of frozen mixed pepper strips and added those and some tomatoes to my eggs this morning. Tomorrow i may add sausage and mushrooms...

S72 Guest

True.

Thanks for the responses. I feel fine, I actually enjoy what I eat a lot, but then run into people's blogs/recipes/etc and feel like I am missing out.

For me it's more about keeping things simple and easier to have the set schedule for the week.

The recipes on here are great, so maybe I'll try those

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Simple is better... but mixing up the meat types, fruits and veggies is simple

RogerDeRok is offline Member

I like Diana Renata's suggestion of periodically introducing one new thing at a time. I also had kale for the first time this week like misathemeb.

I'm in the same boat as you, I don't feel so confident in the kitchen but I cook about 99% of my meals so I kinda have to make a go at it anyway. I find myself eating the same meals for the most part. Part of it is just trying to be frugal too. Lots of ground beef, pork chops, and egg dishes since they're the least expensive.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Well, virtually eating keeps the calories way down......

(Couldn't resist.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast