Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classic French dish - 100% Paleo! page 2

Shop Now
    Interesting that what is known as the "French Paradox" is not really a paradox at all. They eat what is essentially Paleo/Primal much of the time - meat, veggies and oily sauces. Yes, I know they eat bread too but not like we do in the standard American diet.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Made it yesterday but only had about 25 cloves on hand, chucked 1/2 an onion and 1/2 a lemon in there too. What a stock today after the bones simmered 24 hours. I made a meal out of them, they just dissolve in your mouth.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

bookstorecowboy is offline Senior Member
    I went to France in 1986 and was amazed to find that an entire nation could look like models.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    this would be an immune boosting monster. i gotta teach "the kids" (these 20 yr olds we love) how to do it.

Kabonk George is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    Made it yesterday but only had about 25 cloves on hand, chucked 1/2 an onion and 1/2 a lemon in there too. What a stock today after the bones simmered 24 hours. I made a meal out of them, they just dissolve in your mouth.
    Isn't it fantastic???

Kabonk George is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo Spirit View Post
    Interesting that what is known as the "French Paradox" is not really a paradox at all. They eat what is essentially Paleo/Primal much of the time - meat, veggies and oily sauces. Yes, I know they eat bread too but not like we do in the standard American diet.
    I think the REAL "French paradox" is that the French, pretty much considered among the rudest people on the planet, live in the most popular tourist destination in the world!

Now THAT'S a paradox!

peril is offline Senior Member
    Just gotten it into the crockpot. Looks great. Used ghee instead of olive oil
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Oh, wow, I LOVE ghee and I actually think it would work great in this recipe. It's French after all and the French love their butter. I will be curious to hear what you think of the dish. Next time I'm making it with ghee too. Great idea.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Very good, but they should have given Ina Gaarten credit for the recipe...

peril is offline Senior Member
    Well, not impressed I'm afraid. Had it in the crockpot for 5 hours on low only and the meat had dried out. Thought the flavour was a bit thin too. Might try it again but cook on the stove only long enough to cook the chicken, about 30 min. Maybe more seasoning. I did go light on the salt and thyme
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast