Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! Only option is pizza tomorrow night

Help! Only option is pizza tomorrow night

Shop Now
    I am going over to a friend's house tomorrow night for dinner and he said they are only having pizza. What can I do? Would it be rude to bring a salad and just eat that? I know one piece of pizza won't kill me but the thought of eating gross fast food pizza make me sick. Is there something I could take before hand that would not make it so bad nutritionally?

It is not rude to bring a salad as long as you bring enough for everyone.

Eat a quality meal sometime before you leave and don't eat anything there? Why are you required to eat food when you're at their house?

I don't know I guess because it's a dinner? I hate it, I could easily not eat but know I will be singled out if I don't

Eat a high quality (primal) meal before you go and the fast while at there house. Its not rude, give a Primal talk while they are eating crap

Bring an awesome salad for everyone and abstain from the pizza. It would be too awkward to not eat at all.

I would never feel obligated to eat garbage food. I'd suggest the previously mentioned option of bringing a lot of salad or just not eating. You can still hang out have a good time without eating pizza.

Yes, you'll likely get jabs from people about not joining in with them and enjoying their poor choices together, but this is a common social issue. Just like if you hang out at a friends house when everyone is drinking, they generally feel offended if you aren't because the presumption is that you must think you're better than them or something. I don't know why people get so defensive about a friend of theirs choosing healthier lifestyle choices, though.

If you've no qualms about lying, you could always go with "hey I just found out I'm gluten-intolerant / celiac."
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Don't eat the pizza.

Shop Now
    Thanks! Great suggestions. I think I'll bring a big salad and try to not be too obvious about avoiding pizza