Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! Only option is pizza tomorrow night page

Jenn is offline Senior Member

Help! Only option is pizza tomorrow night

Primal Fuel
    I am going over to a friend's house tomorrow night for dinner and he said they are only having pizza. What can I do? Would it be rude to bring a salad and just eat that? I know one piece of pizza won't kill me but the thought of eating gross fast food pizza make me sick. Is there something I could take before hand that would not make it so bad nutritionally?

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    It is not rude to bring a salad as long as you bring enough for everyone.

Karrmer is offline Junior Member
    Eat a quality meal sometime before you leave and don't eat anything there? Why are you required to eat food when you're at their house?

I don't know I guess because it's a dinner? I hate it, I could easily not eat but know I will be singled out if I don't

Stevoreo is offline Senior Member
    Eat a high quality (primal) meal before you go and the fast while at there house. Its not rude, give a Primal talk while they are eating crap

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Bring an awesome salad for everyone and abstain from the pizza. It would be too awkward to not eat at all.

Karrmer is offline Junior Member
    I would never feel obligated to eat garbage food. I'd suggest the previously mentioned option of bringing a lot of salad or just not eating. You can still hang out have a good time without eating pizza.

Yes, you'll likely get jabs from people about not joining in with them and enjoying their poor choices together, but this is a common social issue. Just like if you hang out at a friends house when everyone is drinking, they generally feel offended if you aren't because the presumption is that you must think you're better than them or something. I don't know why people get so defensive about a friend of theirs choosing healthier lifestyle choices, though.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    If you've no qualms about lying, you could always go with "hey I just found out I'm gluten-intolerant / celiac."
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Don't eat the pizza.

Thanks! Great suggestions. I think I'll bring a big salad and try to not be too obvious about avoiding pizza

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast