Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello - I'm New To The Forum! page

tomewer is offline Member

Hello - I'm New To The Forum!

Shop Now
    Hi all,

I started reading up on the Paleo diet just today, and came across the Daily Apple. I have done a bit of reading and have decided to try the Paleo diet for 30 days.

I haven't done an awful lot of research yet but am planning on reading more this evening. I have just had my first meal (dinner) - chicken, stuffed with pork, wrapped in bacon, with peas, carrots and mushrooms. Still feeling hungry...

Anyway, accountability is key when embarking on things like this, which is why I am here!

Tom

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and enjoy the ride. Eat your greens and meats.

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Good luck on your 30 days.

If I feel hungry it is because I didn't eat enough fat.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    Welcome! Good luck on your 30 days.

If I feel hungry it is because I didn't eat enough fat.
    I am a newbie too so to piggy pack on this.. lets say you ate your dinner and perhaps did not eat enough fat (still getting in the habit after years of low fat), what are some best ways to remedy this without eating another whole meal.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I am a newbie too so to piggy pack on this.. lets say you ate your dinner and perhaps did not eat enough fat (still getting in the habit after years of low fat), what are some best ways to remedy this without eating another whole meal.
    Yes, pork is pathetically short of fat now days.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. Eat plenty of good meats, fats, veg and you won't be hungry. It takes some time to figure it out, but there is a lot of information if you search the site, and download Mark's freebies.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Fat is an important part of your nutrition, but you've still got to eat your veggies. There. The mom in me is satisfied with that little plug for the nutrients in vegetables. Now to answer your question. If you realize that your meal is too low fat before you cook it, that's the easiest way to get some fat in. Just cook your food in coconut oil or butter, or melt some butter on the top. If it's after the meal, and you're still not feeling satisfied, wait at least half an hour, otherwise you run the risk of stuffing yourself, which is not cool. Give your food a little time to all reach your stomach before you decide to eat something else. If you're still feeling hungry, try eating a boiled egg, some avocado, something with a bit of fat to it. My favorite 'dessert' is to drink coffee with vanilla, cream, and coconut oil. Or keep some fried bacon on hand to maw on in 'emergencies'. Bacon puts the 'hap' in 'happy'.
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

tomewer is offline Member
    Thanks for the advice guys! My first full day has just started...here's my journal:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post506671

Willie12s2sort is offline Junior Member

Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM

The 'Forget You' hitmaker -- who was born in Atlanta, Georgia -- has no permanent base at the moment because of his busy working schedule so currently lives out of a designer Monogram Canvas Vavin PM M51172
    Monogram Canvas Danube M45266
    Damier Ebene Canvas Berkeley N52000 Bags
    Damier Azur Canvas Galliera GM N55216 Bags
    Epi Leather Bowling Montaigne GM M5931M Bags
    suitcase, although he would love to put down roots in Switzerland in the future.
    When asked where he would most like to live, Cee Lo said: "Somewhere in Switzerland. It's beautiful. I don't live anywhere at the moment. I live out of a Louis Vuitton suitcase."

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Yes, pork is pathetically short of fat now days.
    ah dry wit- love it!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast