Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Imposter! page

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member

Primal Imposter!

Primal Fuel
    Argh! We are being co-opted! Somebody do something!

see: Primal Strips - Meatless Vegan Jerky - Primal Spirit Foods - Home of the Primal People for all of your soy and canola oil based non-foods made to taste like meat.

An abomination that they use Primal concepts to market an industrial product with purely industril ingredients.

dado Guest
    and what is primal but a marketing concept itself?

Paleobird Guest
    Mark has the copyright on the term "Primal Blueprint" but he does not own the word "primal".

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    too funny
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I got really excited when I saw them on the shelf at my local organic grocery store a few months ago. Then I picked them up and realized there was no meat in that "jerky". However, primal is just a word, not a copyrighted concept, and if a vegan company chooses to use it, well, that's up to them. It's up to us to make sure we look at foods to see if they actually are what we think they are, including some things that get marketed as paleo foods specifically to this community. Just because something's labelled as paleo/primal, that doesn't mean it's something you should unquestioningly eat.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

EricS is offline Member
    It would be a trademark issue, but since mark is in the diet business and they are in the food business it might not be applicable though with the supplements business it would be something to look at. They have been established since 2001 so it might be more likely it could go the other way. All in all the Primal Blueprint with grok vs their name and label could be construed to be much different.

I suppose it comes down to money, apple corp owners of apple records sued apple computers when they first started for trademark infringement and they were in completely separate industries. The logos were closer though: http://www.inkycircus.com/photos/unc...vs_apple_1.jpg

dado Guest
    apple records blew hairy nut sack.

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    Argh!

An abomination that they use Primal concepts to market an industrial product with purely industril ingredients.
    So what. The organic food industry has been milking the term 'organic' to flog its price inflated products for years.

dado Guest
    you know what's freakin' organic, you drunken mother,s'? it's this crazy stuff, man, just take it easy.

plant some veggies and chill back, buy a little meat;

what the...?

i grew up where meat was meat, where bulls or cows, or whatever gender the animal was, was, slaughtered before me at age 5, do you understand? it is a unique connection with a dead bovine-- you see the death and you eat the testicle; do you understand??

just relax, all right?

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    you know what's freakin' organic, you drunken mother,s'? it's this crazy stuff, man, just take it easy.

plant some veggies and chill back, buy a little meat;

what the...?

i grew up where meat was meat, where bulls or cows, or whatever gender the animal was, was, slaughtered before me at age 5, do you understand? it is a unique connection with a dead bovine-- you see the death and you eat the testicle; do you understand??

just relax, all right?
    Dude....
    I'll have an ounce of what ever you're on.
    (but only if it's organic)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast