Thread: Sprinting page

Stevoreo is offline Senior Member

Sprinting

Primal Fuel
    Just a quick one, I planned on sprinting everyday this week just to mix it up. I have previously sprinted 2-3 times per week on top on 3 days of weight lifting. I am also intermittent fasting, is this too much? I have the energy to do it and only really eat from 4 pm-9 pm everyday. I feel great but want to lose the last little bit of lower abdominal fat.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoreo View Post
    Just a quick one, I planned on sprinting everyday this week just to mix it up. I have previously sprinted 2-3 times per week on top on 3 days of weight lifting. I am also intermittent fasting, is this too much? I have the energy to do it and only really eat from 4 pm-9 pm everyday. I feel great but want to lose the last little bit of lower abdominal fat.
    3 days of lifting and 2-3 days of sprinting? that's not too much, but honestly i'm surprised you've got the energy for all that. i feel like if you're doing everything right (progressive lifting, 100% sprints) you'll be too wiped out to keep that up. 3 dedicated lifting days and 1 sprint day is enough to kick my ass for the week...or at least enough where i have the energy to play.

I have been amazed by it as well. Even odder, I am less and less hungry. I started out eating at noon and have quickly migrated to around 4 pm because I am just not hungry. Feeling great though!

Balance is offline Senior Member
    When I sprint more than twice a week I seem to get extra hungry and cranky. I normally have to add a bit more carbs to keep me from being totally wiped out energy wise.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

That is the way that i thought I would be, for some reason I have more energy by working out more and eating less.

prairiedog is offline Member
    Once I started adding sprints in I felt like I wanted to do them more often too. I'm also back at crossfit at least twice a week with a bit of shovelglove thrown in most mornings before work. My energy is fantastic and I think I'm getting results. I'd say stick with what you're doing if its working for you. If you're getting tired then back off a bit, but when you're doing 'too much' you'll know.
    Primal Living since Jan 4/11
    http://prairieprimal.wordpress.com

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    If you can sprint more than two times a week, you are not pushing them hard enough.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    If you can sprint more than two times a week, you are not pushing them hard enough.
    +1

Shorten your sprints and run harder. Don't let your heels touch the ground.