Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I Gain Weight With the Paleo Diet? page

PlaySomeJazz is offline Junior Member

How can I Gain Weight With the Paleo Diet?

Primal Fuel
    Hello, everyone!

Is there a definitive, nuts-and-bolts guide to gaining weight/muscle mass on the Paleo Diet? I'm basically looking for something that tells you exactly what to eat, when to eat, how often, what fitness routines I have to do and how much I need to train (is the schedule in the Primal Blueprint Fitness ebook enough?) in order to sculpt my body and abs nicely.

I've always been on the skinny side, with a very fast metabolism no mater what I eat (ectomorph body type I think). I've reviewed this issue recently, and I decided I want to make my presence a little bigger and convincing...

So what are your recommendations/tips?

Thank you!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    All the food in the world may not help your pre-disposition to being skinny but my suggestion would be meat + starches.

Forget about the Paleo diet, move into the nearest Puertorican neighborhood and ask a family to sponsor your weight-gain pursuits. Ok, in all seriousness: most folks looking to lose weight here usually limit their consumption of carbs and starches such as fruits, potatoes/all tubers, white rice (a grain, sure, but the harmless one of all and "accepted" by most primal/paleos) etc, so you need to do the exact opposite.

You may want to carb cycle, in the (odd) chance that you start gaining unwanted body fat. A few days of meat and buttery mashed potatoes (aka heaven on earth) balanced out with a few days of meat and non-starchy vegs. You should have more higher carb days though.

Basically, eat as often as you want, keep the sources primal and you should gain muscle with not a whole lot of body fat though some body fat gain is to be expected. Lifting style is up to you, but I'd recommend higher rep ranges to induce more sarcoplasmic muscle development for puffier muscles, so to speak.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    I would like to hear from anyone that has success with this too. A friend at work is female, 22, smokin hot, and thinks she is too thin. I think she eats more than me, and nothing works.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Fastest way to gain good weight is Squats and Milk, subbing starches and meat for milk if desired.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    Fastest way to gain good weight is Squats and Milk, subbing starches and meat for milk if desired.
    Do you have a source where real hard-gainers had success with this? I'm not calling you out, just asking. I think Strong Lifts may have had a success story or two but if I remember right the subjects were young which changes things a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Do you have a source where real hard-gainers had success with this? I'm not calling you out, just asking. I think Strong Lifts may have had a success story or two but if I remember right the subjects were young which changes things a bit.
    I've had several clients do it great success from 17-mid 40's.

wildwabbit is offline Senior Member
    Where does such weight get gained? What is the mechanism that makes this so much better? Curious as someone who wants to gain more weight as lean muscle mass...

Generally a mix muscle and fat, which most hard-gainers need.

wildwabbit is offline Senior Member
    Generally a mix muscle and fat, which most hard-gainers need.
    I understood that, but *where* is it gained? I hear the word "squats" so is it in the upper legs? or does it build in several places?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Evenly through the entire body.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast