Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I ate a pound of beef, is that bad? page 2

vixen2188 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    haha thanks!

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    If you have insulin problems, eating excess protein is not ideal and can be harmful. Everyone's protein needs differ.

Edje Noh is offline Senior Member
    I've eaten 600 grams of beef as well in one sitting one time. You just need less food for the coming hours (like you experienced, being satiated even untill next morning). I find you can't really overeat on meat, because there is only so much meat you can eat and it will never give you any negative symptoms (unless it was poor quality or you attempt to do high level activities on a full stomach).

localad is offline Senior Member
    Eating. It's not like a daily thing. It's more like a weekly thing. You were hungry and you ate.

Kick your body around a bit. Eat meat til you can't move, then sleep for 2 days. Go 3 days with just water then scoff the biggest meal ever, (after runnin' and pullin' and liftin' as if your life depended on it). Feel really hungry. Then feel full.

Enjoy life. Don't feel bad. We are only here once.
    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

nicoleah is offline Member
    I'm so glad I read this thread. I was still feeling guilty over my dinner the other night of over 1/2 lb of beef burgers and an entire eggplant (slices fried in bacon grease!) I felt fine blood sugar-wise but it was just a lot of food for me! And I wasn't hungry much at all the next day, either. It's reassuring not feeling like I was doing something bad!

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoleah View Post
    1/2 lb of beef burgers and an entire eggplant
    HAHAHA! You need to come to Fogo de Chao with me. I'm not joking when I say 5 pounds of lamb, pork and beef in a sitting. Plus tons of hard cheeses and 3 steak caesar salads and a fried banana for dessert. I tested my blood sugar an hour and a half after all that food and it was 88 (my fasting glucose is 79-80). If you're not eating a pound a meat a day, even as a woman, you're not eating enough meat IMO
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

nicoleah is offline Member
    Wow, I would never eat again! I was so stuffed after my (apparently paltry) meal as it was. Although the eggplant was heavenly; bacon AND eggplant, two of my favorite things!

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Oh I literally couldn't stand up straight after. If I would have stood up, food would have came up and gagged me. I walked hunched at a 90 degree angle the 4 blocks to my car. I was out of breath because my stomach was pushing against my lungs so hard I couldn't catch my breath
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Haha. Fogo de Chao is awesome. I went for the first time a few months ago. I don't think I hit 5 pounds of meat though. Probably closer to 3. I could stand up straight. Next time I go, I will eat more, heh.

Sethbacca is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh my, I just made the mistake of looking up that Fogo De Chao place and I think I'm drooling all over myself. Too bad nearest one is Philly though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast