Thread: Slosh can page

Blah is offline Senior Member

Slosh can

Primal Fuel
    I've just finished writing a post on my homemade slosh cans (made is used lossely). Basicly find a container to carry water, fill and lift. For more than that one sentence cheak out the full article here. I've also added a list of possible movements that can involve a slosh can.

I'd like to know what people think of the slosh can, anyone else got one, would like to get one, think its stupid?

Any feedback, criticisms and/or suggestions are welcome. I'd like to know what people think of the article, my writing and the blog in general.
    Last edited by Blah; 07-12-2011 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Spelling
    www.back-to-primal.blogspot.com or on Facebook here

My training journal if anyone is interested

Be strong to be useful

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    I've done some work with Slosh Pipes before - the only thing I'd say about your slosh can is that there is little potential for the water to move around (i.e. it is contained in a relatively compact area) and this is what made the slosh pipe so tough. It will undoubtedly be more challenging (for the same weight) as a regular free weight though.

Have you tried doing a bottom-up press with your slosh can?

I like the blog and it reads well.

Blah is offline Senior Member
    When I first made them I only wanted a weight for walking lunges but when I had them I thought they would be good for lifts and overhead carries.

Just had to google the bottom-up press, I haven't tried it but will do next time I'm working with the slosh can.

A slosh pipe will definatly be harder, I'm planing on making one soon.
    www.back-to-primal.blogspot.com or on Facebook here

My training journal if anyone is interested

Be strong to be useful

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    I have a slosh pipe. It's a 8 foot long 4" diameter pvc pipe. I capped the ends and filled it about 3/4 full of water. That thing will wear you out.

I will often just raise it above my head and hold it and see how far I can walk. The sloshing water really adds a new dimension to that kind of thing.

I don't use it to often, maybe once every couple of weeks, it just a nice change of pace type for me.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    I've got a beer keg charged with water that weighs about half as much as I can normally O/H press.
    Its awkward and ungainly and tries to beat you up when you lift it. It makes you stagger round the floor like you actually consumed the original contents trying to hold it steady.
    If I could only have one piece of equipment for upper body strength and core stability, that would be it.
    Bear hug it and squat and you have yourself a complete workout.

pizzmor is offline Member
    I like the idea, both reusing old stuff instead of throwing it out, and the idea of stuff filled with water for exercising. I use old spackle buckets sometimes and just walk up and down the hill in back of my house with them. For weight they are great, but it doesn't really utilize the idea of using the water like a slosh pipe like the other members mentioned.

I guess figuring out what exercises would best utilize the constantly moving water weight inside the cans. I hope that makes sense.
    www.everymanpaleo.com

"Its not that I am too old, your music really does suck..."

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    I realy like your tornado ball!