Thread: Help with mixing things up and keeping it Primal... page

shifty1 is offline Senior Member

Help with mixing things up and keeping it Primal...

Shop Now
    Need your help here.

I started FB two weeks ago, and have been documenting my journey here : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33495.html

Long story short, Im a school, and very limited with resources. What I have been doing is eating salads that I prepare, but after 10 days of the same thing every day, I'm worried I will fall off the wagon.

I am working on getting a hotplate and frypan, but right now I have no access to cook with fire! Cooking is new for me, but Im dealing with it head on.

Anyone have any suggestions of what I can do to mix things up a little? Throw out your favourite 5 minute meals, or any other suggestions...

Love you all... you just didn't know it!

-Shifty!

EricS is offline Member
    Do they not have a common area with a kitchen for you to use at your school?

Unfortunately not!
    I was really surprised about this, but there is nothing I can do but get a hotplate, and cook when I get the chance.

Thats why I thought I would ask the collective....

-Shifty

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    There have been some other threads with college students asking for suggestions, if you search the forum I'm sure you'll find it. Do you have a microwave? Mini fridge?

I think most suggestions were eggs/bacon cooked in the microwave, rotisserie chickens, frozen veggies to be steamed in microwave (season and butter afterward), raw veggies/fruit in the fridge, and yogurt/cottage cheese for meals. Also, if you get a blender you can do protein smoothies!

Working on the mini fridge... May have access to a microwave but not sure if it will be an ongoing thing.
    Blender... hmmm... I wonder if I can use a hand whisk thing... Thats could help alot!

Thats a fantastic start... anyone else got a few ideas?

- Shifty

pjgh is online now Senior Member
    Tenderstem broccoli, asparagus and avocado are all primal superfoods and can be used to any combination to make gorgeous food!

I must say, when I was at college I lived on doner kebabs and beer ... and hunger. Seriously, you can put together great food from the above in combination with canned fish, meat when you can afford it, eggs in abundance - boiled, fried, poached, omeletted. You're a young, intelligent person ... use your imagination! Check out my primal food blog for some inspiration - you don't have to follow the recipes (in fact, there are no recipes, just principles), but anything that makes you salivate, just follow what it was that got you and go with it.
    Last edited by pjgh; 07-12-2011 at 01:52 PM.

pjgh,

Thanks for the tip.. I have already started getting some stuff together. One way or another, Im staying primal!

-Shifty

Crystalftw is offline Junior Member
    primal pancakes?
    Meat, if its thin, will cook quickly.
    <3-Crystal