Thread: Climbing trees at the park to spread Primal awareness. page

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

Climbing trees at the park to spread Primal awareness.

Primal Fuel
    I was at the park climbing the trees and three teenagers were laughing at me (who wouldn't), until I walked by them again five minutes later after meeting a tree I couldn't climb. One of the teenagers was trying to climb one of the same trees. He couldn't, but I encouraged him to work on his upper body strength. I got to explain that I climb things because chin-ups got boring and to celebrate all the weight I'd lost by eating and living Primally. Hopefully, seeds were planted. Kids these days need hope for health. They fully expect to get fat and die.

davem is offline Senior Member
    next time, taser them. Kids these days need to learn respect as well.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Tasers aren't primal, club them instead. Oh and try rock climbing barefoot. It's soooo much fun.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Nice! I love climbing trees - even wrote a blog post about it! Climbing Trees
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

dado Guest
    what?

get next at ball, drop some buckets on them and swat the heck out of the parapeligic retard that's been pump-faking on you all game.

look, you gotta go hard....or go home; you understand??

prairiedog is offline Member
    I walk through a park on my way to and from crossfit. I like hopping up in the trees and seeing how far I can get. I always get weird stares... maybe I'll tell them to try it out themselves next time.
    Primal Living since Jan 4/11
    http://prairieprimal.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
    Nice! I love climbing trees - even wrote a blog post about it! Climbing Trees
    As much as I love your guides, I think I have to disagree with you about this one. My sister and I are the best climbers we know (not saying we're perfect, just that we haven't met anyone faster yet) and we both focus more on using our arms. That's not to say we don't use our legs, it's just that the arms are more important for climbing.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Hey Alex - thanks for your input. I never said the legs were more important than the arms though. What I wrote was, "use your legs as much as possible and keep your body close to the tree." I realize that the arms are a huge part of climbing, but you can't rely solely on them, which is a mistake beginners tend to make, hence my suggestion to share the burden between the upper and lower limbs. I stand by the advice put forth in the post, but hey, that's just my opinion, man.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

I guess I misunderstood then. Do beginners really ONLY use their arms? It seems like you wouldn't get very far doing that.
    Still though, I guess I actually agree with you, so nevermind then.