Thread: Fat Withdrawal? page

Jenny Liz is offline Junior Member

Fat Withdrawal?

Primal Fuel
    I have been working on living primal for about a month and a half. For the most part I would say that the transition away from processed foods has been relatively easy. Today however I experienced something I hadn't before. I recently started logging my foods so I can get a more complete look at what I'm eating, and today about an hour after having lunch I got a horrible headache - borderline migraine. I started to assess myself and how I was feeling and noticed that I was craving bacon, so I went to the refrigerator and got a couple slices of bacon, and the headache slowly started to go away. I realized that for the first time in awhile I ate an almost fat free lunch: lots of fresh vegetables, some hummus and lean turkey breast. Could it be possible that my headache was due to lack of fat in what I ate?

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    If you were me, it would be because your blood sugar had surged after the fat free meal. Fat helps flatten blood sugar. YMMV
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Oh, wow. So a big, dry salad of greens with nothing else can actually trigger a rise in blood sugar? Now, this is interesting. I thought that sugar suppressed fat burning. I never gave thought to the possibility of inverting the situation. Thankfully, all my salads are full of avocado and pecans, and usually some olive oil. I just instinctively add healthy fats to anything I'm eating when I can...

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    I've never experienced it because I also bury my spinach in dressing, however Bernstein's Diabetes Solution mentions a woman who spiked her bs by eating large quantities of plain iceberg lettuce. I just went and looked up spinach and I guess it could spike my blood sugar if I ate a small field, lol. (actually, about four cups plain would likely put me out of range, based on the ni)
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

lizxfonse is offline Junior Member

Fat withrawal, sugar imbalance

PrimalCon New York
    I found that headache, nausea, iritation is often connected to imbalance of "something" in your body. In my case it's sugars.... took me years to figure it out but now whenever I get those familiar feelings of "headache, nausea, iritation" I first try sumething with sugar and 95% of time those symptoms subside

So I think you are on a good track trying to figure out the "food connection" to your heacache.