Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 110 Pounds lost since Jan 24th page

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member

110 Pounds lost since Jan 24th

Primal Fuel
    Hello All,
    I wanted to post a follow up to my ongoing weight loss saga. I finally hit 110 pounds of fat lost and figured it was a good enough milestone to post my progress.

One difference I notice is that life is pretty much just normal life now. I eat 100% primal and I eat all I want. I don't ever count calories or do any portion control. I just eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full. I drink water and unsweetened ice tea. I have not had a bite of bread, soda, etc.. that I know of since January and never really miss anything.

My wife went primal 3 weeks ago and has lost 7 or 8 pounds now. She is average size to start with so it has been a big change. Life is a lot easier with my wife on board. We ordered all the cook books from Mark's site and eat a variety of things.

I started at 340 and I am now 240. I have put on a lot of muscle. I wear XL shirts and size 36 pants. Currently according to several machines I have I am around 24% body fat. I have had blood work done and all my numbers are great.

I became obsessed with losing weight for awhile but now I am just obsessed with living my life. Ideally I want to loose about 30 more pounds and I know I will get there even if it takes another 6 months.

I read a lot of success stories on here and I am happy for each and every person. I shamefully do have to admit though that with most of the success stories I read the "fat' weights and "Before pics" are honestly what I wish I weighed and my goal appearances.

So for all the people who are truly fat or in the process of not being as fat I salute you and say it can definitely be done. Even for us big guys and girls.

Attached is my ongoing slightly smaller each time picture set. I hope in september or so to post one 20 pounds or more less than the one from today.

Stay Primal !!

Clay
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    WOWZA MAN!

Do people even recognize you anymore! Thank you, this is an amazing success story. Be proud!

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    awesome job!

curious how tall you are?

i started PB at 385 and want to get down to 240 - 35" waist, i am 6'5"

JTWolflied is offline Member
    You're amazing, sir. Pure and simple.
    http://www.getmoneyout.com

Start: March 2011
    Start Weight: 245 lbs.
    Current Weight (November 2011): 208.4 lbs. and counting.
    Goal weight: 195 lbs.

Thank you all. I am right at 6 foot. Probably 5 11 1/2 if I were being totally honest. 6 just sounds better :-)

As to if people recognize me I think for the people who see me every day like family and friends that are shocked when I say I have lost 110 pounds. I think when you care about someone you don't notice how big they are, you just see them and not the weight. I usually have to pull out my cell phone and show a few December or January pictures and then they see it and are shocked.

For friends or family that have not seen me in a long time it is really a shock to the point they do not recognize me. My drivers license is from 2 years ago when I was probably 310 pounds and two times in the past month I have bought wine for my wife and when they saw my ID they called the manager and only after showing my zoo membership ID cards did they allow me to buy the wine.

Most of the time people think I look 10 or 15 years younger which at 30 years old makes me look more like 20. I feel like 20 again so might as well look it:-) My wife says I act it too though, no sure if that is a compliment :-)

diploid is offline Member
    Incredible and it shows the value of the long term game play.

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    LOL, on getting denied liquor because of the ID photo. That's a damn successful moment right there! Your before and after pics look like night and day. Truly inspiring. Amazing how fast you lost the weight, especially without having to count calories or be hungry. Take that, CW diets!

Yeah I tell everyone about the Primal Blueprint and this website. Seiously around 20 pople have bought the book and started the diet based on wanting to loose weight like I have. A lot of my old facebook buddies message me asking what I have done to be so sucessful as they too are desk jockeys who have packed on the pounds since college.

I can not deny that a big part of my weight loss has been working out every day at lunch time for an hour and walking at night but I think it goes hand in hand with the Primal eating life style. I am motivated to work out because I eat so primal and healthy and in turn I want to eat healthy and stay primal because I work out so hard. Hope that makes sense.

I never feel like I am dieting really, I have no desire to drink a coke or eat pasta. I can taste subtle things so well now that I am not shoving in mass quanitites of junk food. I actually enjoy veggies and berries have become like candy now as they are so sweet.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Holy shit dude, that is one of the most impressive things I have ever seen. As others have said, you look like a completely different person.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congratulations ! This is absolutely awesome !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast