Thread: Motivate Me! page

Determined is offline Junior Member

Motivate Me!

Shop Now
    I have been dabbling with the PB for the past 2 months and I can 't seem to string 3 straight weeks without having a cheat meal. My question is when do you get in a groove with this way of living? I am thinking of modifiying my foods to make my eating as simple as possible.
    Breakfast
    Bacon adn Eggs
    Lunch
    Salad with protein
    Supper
    Protein with veggies.

Snacks: Beef Jerky homemade

any thoughts?
    ""You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do" Henry Ford

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

NurseMama5 is offline Senior Member
    1 cheat meal every 3 weeks sounds good to me. If it's for life, you can't eat perfectly every day forever
    "I tried to call the nurse again, but she's bein' a little bitch....I think I'll get outta here." Pink

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I just went on a cruise over the 4th of July holiday and had an entire cheat week. I got back yesterday morning and got right back into the groove of things. I will still have an occasional cheat meal or snack, probably every 3-4 weeks. It won't kill you or slow down your progress, I promise.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NurseMama5 View Post
    1 cheat meal every 3 weeks sounds good to me. If it's for life, you can't eat perfectly every day forever
    +1

Though if you want to truly minimize cheats, read up on the health consequences of each type of cheat, then look up pictures and read accounts of people suffering from them and commit them to memory. Disgust is there to protect us.

You can also offer your friends $20 if they catch you cheating.

bwhit is offline Senior Member
    I think it's beneficial to go about 4 strict weeks, paying special attention to avoid gluten. After you change from a sugar burner to fat burner and really start feeling the benefits, you'll be hooked. Then you can ease up a bit, but you might not even want so many cheats because you'll know what they do to you.

JVib is offline Senior Member
    I have a nice grapefruit or some berries for my cheat.....I don't find any issue because I can eat lots and lots of bacon, eggs, red meat, butter, coconut oil,.... coming from too many years on a low fat diet, living primal is like a cheat everyday. :-)
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard