Thread: Where to find bacon, sausasge, jerky without sugar? page

indigogirl is offline Senior Member

Where to find bacon, sausasge, jerky without sugar?

Primal Fuel
    I live in South Carolina and am finding it impossible to find bacon (except for Gwaltney's 40% less fat, no sugar bacon...), breakfast sausage or jerky without some form of sugar.
    We have a Whole Foods, an Earthfare and a Trader Joe's will open soon.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Last edited by indigogirl; 07-11-2011 at 06:06 AM.
    Indigogirl

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    I eat a black forest bacon from Whole Foods that has raw sugar in it (cured in it I think) but it has zero carbs...I think the quantitiy is minimal. Also look at all the prepackaged, but not frozen sausages at whole foods ---I think there is a brand called Bellinskis at the WFs in SC--we were just there randomly. They have very low to no carbs. I used to get the spinach and garlic one I think.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    I would think the amount of sugar found in commercially cured bacon is probably negligible. I've never seen bacon that had any carbs listed on the packaging and it's usually one of the last ingredients listed. That being said, I usually buy the Plumrose bacon with 25% less sodium and it's listed as sugar free. Admittedly, I don't eat much bacon, so it's not an issue to me. I probably haven't eaten any in a month or two.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

reedol is offline Junior Member
    U.S. Wellness Meats — Our Animals Eat Right So You Can Too.

Check it out. Search for sugar free bacon.

I make my own sausage and jerky. The sausage is especially easy and there are some great recipes here on MDA. For the jerky I have a dehydrator.

Homemade Sausage Links and Patties | Mark's Daily Apple

I just make patties for the sausage, links are way to much work :-)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-t...our-own-jerky/
    Last edited by goldengrokette; 07-11-2011 at 08:31 AM. Reason: added jerky link

MiriamPl is offline Junior Member

Anyone tried no flour no sugar diet?

Not long ago on the web, I found an interesting diet called "absolutely no flour no sugar diet".
    This led me into confusion. What is eat, that would not become any flour or glucose?
    Indeed these two products are almost everywhere.
    It turned out not absolutely all that difficult. After learning details, I made my no flour no sugar diet food list .

1. Non-Starchy Vegetables and Fruit

Suggestions for foods in this category include green salad, raw or perhaps steamed carrots, celery stalks, steamed or sauteed zucchini, strawberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, blueberries and tomato. The advantage of eating many of these veggies is they are relatively low in calorie consumption, and fill up you up - so you can eat a whole lot without eating too many calories in a single day.

2. Whole Grains, Beans, and Starches

Foods in this group include rice (brown or wild rice is the best), oats, barley, quinoa, corn and potatoes. Understand that you may include some polenta in this section, since it is manufactured out of corn and not flour. Popcorn is an acceptable snack, since it is a whole grain. Food items in the legume household are allowed. These include beans, seeds and peas. Make certain there is absolutely no sugar added if you buy canned beans, such as in brown beans with molasses. Dried beans are good because they're low in sodium. Sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, soybeans, almonds, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, peanuts and nut butters are all acceptable foods.

3. Meats and Dairy

Fish, poultry, lean pork, lean ground beef, eggs, low-fat yogurt, low-fat milk and low-fat cheese are all permissible in this diet. Salmon, tuna, lean beef, chicken, turkey, eggs, and dairy such as for example yogurt and cheese belong to this category. Also suggests that seafood, eaten once weekly, is a good protein.

4. Fats

It is important not to get rid of all fats from your own diet. Healthful oils include essential olive oil, sunflower oil, nut oils, avocados and avocado oil and coconut oil. Butter is also acceptable, in moderation.You might make use of these oils for cooking, or drizzle your food with olive oil. Toss your popcorn in butter or coconut oil. Another food high in healthy fats is olives.

Personally, it was very hard to eliminate sugar and flour from my diet program.
    But then gradually I got used to the brand new lifestyle. And indeed following a month I started to get the first results of weight loss.

However, when it had been that can compare with sweet, I utilized sugar substitutes.

Maybe you to definitely share their set of foods to this diet?