Thread: Acne sensitive people, what about sweet potatoes? page

kurite is offline Senior Member

Acne sensitive people, what about sweet potatoes?

Primal Fuel
    I am extremely acne sensitive. All I eat is meat, fruits and veges. Even nuts/seeds or any dairy at all causes me acne. For others who have this problem, has anyone tried sweet potatoes? I keep telling myself I'm going to try it but I don't want to break out. Please let me know.
    Thanks

siouxie84 is offline Member
    I started eating Primal due to my skin. As I couldnt exactly bring in bacon and eggs to fry up at work I had to come up with another breakfast idea, which has been sweet potatoes!
    I eat sweet potato every day, just nuked in the microwave, sometimes with mashed avocado to dip it in. All orange veges (sweet potato, carrot, pumpkin) are great for your skin as they are high in vitamin A (beta-carotene).
    I also have a green smoothie every morning: kale, blueberries, coconut milk and turmeric.

I very much doubt you will break out from sweet potato. Only one way to find out.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    If you still have acne, I'd suggest cutting the nightshades since they're related to autoimmune disorders. Nightshades include spicy peppers, any type of tomato, cayenne and paprika, eggplant, bell peppers, and WHITE potatoes. Fortunately, black pepper and SWEET potatoes fall into a different category. Hurray!

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member
    i used to have realllly bad acne and my skin is still sensitive and ive never had any issues whatsoever with sweet potatoes...you could try quinoa as well it never causes problems!

nutritionut is offline Member
    I had pretty bad acne between the ages of 13 and 22 or so. It resurfaced with a vengeance when I had a yeast overgrowth around 24. Do you take probiotics? Also, getting omega 3 fatty acids daily helps. You might want to consider taking a break from all sugar for a month or two. It's not fun at first, but it's good for the skin. I used to be terribly self-conscious about my skin, and now I don't even give it a second's thought.

kurite is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nutritionut View Post
    I had pretty bad acne between the ages of 13 and 22 or so. It resurfaced with a vengeance when I had a yeast overgrowth around 24. Do you take probiotics? Also, getting omega 3 fatty acids daily helps. You might want to consider taking a break from all sugar for a month or two. It's not fun at first, but it's good for the skin. I used to be terribly self-conscious about my skin, and now I don't even give it a second's thought.
    My acne is fine right now, no break outs but I'm just scared of reintroducing some foods such as sweet potato. Does probiotics help with acne? What brand do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    If you still have acne, I'd suggest cutting the nightshades since they're related to autoimmune disorders. Nightshades include spicy peppers, any type of tomato, cayenne and paprika, eggplant, bell peppers, and WHITE potatoes. Fortunately, black pepper and SWEET potatoes fall into a different category. Hurray!
    +1
    Sweet Potatoes are a member of the Morning Glory family :-)