Thread: Ox bile? page

kaylakala is offline Member

Ox bile?

I recently read about ox bile being good for people without a gallbladder such as myself. I've been trying to do some online research on it but I'm not coming up with a whole low.
    LOL they say low fat and you guessed it GRAINS.
    I'd like suggestions on dosage brands how it works for you etc...

Thanks all!!
    Had no idea I was so weak till I started walking in October. Could barely make it around the block!
    Now can walk on the beach for hours.

MollyMoo is offline Senior Member
    I'd be interested too - I had mine out 17 years ago and I don't think I suffer without one, at least not as far as I'm aware, who knows what is going on inside though. I was assured by many a doctor that eating low-fat would help -pft! I've since learned that low-fat dieting can cause gallstones.

Are you having problems that is making you look into bile salts?
    Last edited by MollyMoo; 07-10-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Additional info

A little acid reflux. I think it is from the coconut oil. But the coconut oil benefits are really great so I hate to give it up. From what I've read so far not having the gallbladder puts more work on the liver. I'd like to keep my liver healthly! lol
    Had no idea I was so weak till I started walking in October. Could barely make it around the block!

erikJ is offline Senior Member
    Robb Wolf recommends the Now foods super enzymes at every meal, they contain ox bile. Helps break down fat and proteins, He says start with four capsules in the middle of eating each meal, if you feel a slight warmth in your chest after your meal, then take three at the next meal, If you dont, take 5. If you still don't feel anything at 6/meal just stay at 6 for a few days or until you feel the warmth, then titrate down one capsule at a time/day, after a while you may only need one every now and then with higher fat meals. This works well for everyone, not just those with phantom gallbladders.

Thank you! I was thinking of trying them anyhow but I know the recommended dose of things like that aren't sometimes that effective.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by erikJ View Post
    Robb Wolf recommends the Now foods super enzymes at every meal, they contain ox bile. Helps break down fat and proteins, He says start with four capsules in the middle of eating each meal, if you feel a slight warmth in your chest after your meal, then take three at the next meal, If you dont, take 5. If you still don't feel anything at 6/meal just stay at 6 for a few days or until you feel the warmth, then titrate down one capsule at a time/day, after a while you may only need one every now and then with higher fat meals. This works well for everyone, not just those with phantom gallbladders.
    I thought this ramping up was just done for HCl supps only and didnt know you could do it with an enzyme formula that also contained HCl.