Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100 LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 99

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    What mountain/trailhead is that? How far away from the Harbor is it?

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    That is the Mt. Townsend trailhead up by Quilcene, about a two hour drive from the Harbor. The friend I hiked with said that the west side trails don't get near the traffic of the east side of the Olys because the Seattlites don't like to drive that far.

How are you, RaeVynn? I have been thinking about you!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Back to the heavy yard work today. I have the bathroom floor all stripped and ready for the next step of removing the toilet, which isn't mine to worry about, thank goodness. Low profile day yesterday, sort of. Shifted the heuchera crop I am contract growing to new tables and spaced them out, all 170 of them. Today is about the mowing, the weeding, getting an area ready for more big planting....I would really like to feel under control for once and get to the point where the greenhouse isn't full every single winter with things that still need to get planted. I'd rather have cuttings and seedlings filling it up!

I had a raspberry turnover last night and, let me tell you, it just was not worth the wheat and sugar bloat. Weight is holding steady. I would sure like to see a drop but that isn't going to happen as long as I am building muscle. I'll have to go by how I look naked and how clothes fit. Right now I look like a partially deflated balloon.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    My sister used to live in Quilcene Had a few acres just north of town, but unfortunately when the economy tanked they lost it Its a beautiful area. We camped for a week up at Port Ludlow 2 years ago. I love Washington!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Your plant work totally eclipses mine - two chamomile, a tray of Italian parsley, and two marjoram plants to get into the herb garden, and a black-leafed tuberous begonia to pot.

And I finally got a lavender to like my garden!!! One lonely lavender plant survived last season and this past winter! Now I know which variety to get more of. Lavender is one of my all-time favorite scents!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Your plant work totally eclipses mine
    I am what is known as a horthead. My career was plants, my passion is plants and I am a certified professional horticulturist. Way above Master Gardener. I can never remember a time when I have had everything planted. I have learned to control the plant lust, though, since I have so much to do. When you have the passion, you have the sickness. I still have things in pots that I brought home ten years ago and I keep making more!

Today was a mild workout. Lots of mowing, lots of lifting, lots of sunshine. Ready to kick back now and start all over again tomorrow.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 06-17-2013 at 03:19 PM.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I'm doing pretty good! Still fighting the hot flashes, but getting out and getting some mileage on, between coursework assignments.

One more page until I retire this journal and start a new one..........

I am on the hunt for goat milk ice cream. There is a brand called Laloo. Now I just have to see who carries it within a 50 mile radius. Oh, geez. Check the natural food store first. Only five miles away. DUH.

My clothes are getting more and more comfortable in this size. The XL shirts are too big, the L are getting loose. Time to start looking in the mediums at Goodwill. I will be tickled pink when the size 14 pants get too loose. I last wore 14's four years ago before all the weight gain from medication and before the hormonal rollercoaster from it, menopause and hysterectomy. Feeling good that I am back into them. I last wore 12's a dozen years ago. Fingers crossed that I will be in them again soon!

Today is yet another physical labor day. Mowing, weedeating, fertilizing the heuchera crop, prepping new areas for planting once it starts raining tomorrow.

Oh! I bought a jumprope! Remember how effortless it seemed when you were a kid? You just picked it up and jumped, right? Whole different ballgame now. I might have actually managed two jumps, and not well. There. Now I have a goal to shoot towards.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    its a wonderful day for all the outdoor activity!

I used to LOVE jumping rope when I was a kid! What a fun idea.............. I might have to get one those too!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Tomi, I managed 12 speed jumping but I did find out that is a really good idea to strap the girls down first!!